• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are you planning to name your island?

Never thought about it!
Definately not "Milltown." That was kinda dumb of 2015 me.
Uh, maybe something as a tribute to my ACCF town? Nah, that town name was really bad... "Bibbaton."
Hm... I'd do Yozora no namida (night sky of tears), but that's too long. If it's a 10 character limit, then Yozornaida, if it's 8 characters, then Yozorida. It'll be a town that looks very nice in the dark... Very blue-and-black (my two favourite colours).
I have some new ideas, so I really hope they add a way to have multiple towns...

Last edited:
I haven't thought about it yet oops
Maybe Surda because it was my first acnl town but i accidentally deleted it lol

8 Characters: SkyHaven (repeated from NL)
10 Characters: JewelPoint
11-12 Characters: CrystalWood

:)

I think I might just name it Crossing. My name starts with an A and I think it might be cute. Also think that "Have fun on the Crossing Island" is a sweet way to be greeted into New Horizon everyday. It's basic, but if I try to come up with a fantasy name I'll want to change it every couple of months so I rather have something solid for myself. At least that's my opinion now, maybe I'll have the perfect idea by March.

Now that I've thought about it, I might go with Skye. Not sure yet though. Choosing a name is so hard and stressful!!

I wish I knew. I will spend a while thinking about it before the game comes out, and then spend another thirty minutes agonizing at the input screen. Ultimately I will choose something spur of the moment that I have mixed feelings about for the rest of the life of my save file. I know myself at this point.

I was planning to call it the same as my NL town but now I'm thinking if I should name it something else... ε-(?・ε・̥ˋ๑)

My town name on NL is: ・?ฤeъŮɭα。☽
Nintendo really need to allow more symbols You hear me Nintendo? Moar symbols plsss ꉂꉂ(๑˃▿︎˂๑)ァ,、'`

Last edited:
I'm thinking about calling it Felimath, after one of the Lone Islands from The Chronicles of Narnia. I might change my mind, but that seems to be the leading candidate, so far.

ETA: A couple of others, rather than spamming the thread.

Newshore, Dewpost, Lostbay, and Sealcove.

Last edited:
I’ll most likely name mine Oedo, based off Oedo botanical gardens. I don’t have a lot of island names in mind though. For some reason I’m having a harder time coming up with island names than regular town names.

Im probably gonna name mine Sindria based off the Anime Magi. Ive named most of my towns that

I'm not very creative so I always name my village Willow. It's what my sister named her first village, and she's the one who introduced me to the series. :)

I'm most likely going to name it Duskfall, like my NL town, unless I think of something else.

Ataraxia - a state of freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety.

Had taken my time finding a name quite a while ago, and I still like the sound of the name for an Island.

Ataraxia - a state of freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety.

Had taken my time finding a name quite a while ago, and I still like the sound of the name for an Island.

Oh wow, I really like this name!! :)

Back