• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What causes save data to corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattKimura

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Gold Super Mailbox
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
50 Envelopes
I've heard of save data corrupting, specifically save data from the digital version of New Leaf. Mainly while backing up and restoring your save data.
I've been hearing a lot of stories of other ppl's save data corrupting, and it's starting to make me worry about putting so much time into this game.
I have a physical copy, with 500+ hours put into it so far. I wanna know the main causes for save corruption, and how to prevent it. Is anyone experienced with this subject?

I heard that restarting withing saving can corrupt your file and i've also heard that putting the 3ds in hibernation while the screen is loading.

I mostly see people complain about it when they are trying to reset to find dream villagers in the campsite or finding the best house placement for an incoming villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back