• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What cute, punny, unique, weird, etc catchphrases have you given to your villagers?!

When I had Jeremiah in my WW town, his catchphrase was "feel blue". XD
Also, I always thought "fresh mouth" was the PERFECT catchphrase for Mint (I don't have her any in of my towns), but you aren't given enough characters to use it. :(
If they loosen the catchphrase character limit (assuming the Wii U comes out) and I get ahold of Mint. I am GONNA give her that catchphrase! <3

Last edited:
Wow, fresh mouth is really similar to the catchphrase I gave my penguine Friga, 'freshmint' =P .

I sometimes make just a minor change to their original catchphrase. Chevre's 'la baa' became 'lala baa', which sounds like lullaby to me. Otherwise, I try to think of something related to scents, food, or smells, since my town's name is Aroma. Coco's catchphrase is milkoco and Pashmina's is kichypre (her original 'kidders' + 'chypre'). Ed's is greenscent, combining original 'greenhorn' with scent.

<3 ali

Um...my Baabara's greeting has been "sweet a**" forever now.
It's a reference to an old Game Grumps episode, in which they played City Folk and gave the villagers funny voices.

It's great because somehow I always forget that that's her greeting, and she's like, "Sweet a**, Little A. Beautiful day, isn't it, daahling?" while looking so classy.

Last edited:
Fauna says "oh deer" (instead of the common phrase "Oh dear")

everyone else says something like: "bro", "dude", "buddy", "darling", or "dear"

Got Lobo to call me 'Mate', seeing I'm Australian. And it really does fit in where the word is used down here.

What is funny is that Anicotti and Kyle picked it up from him too, so it seems that many of my villagers are Australian :)

I think it was Puddles who asked me if I wanted to be called.... "schmoopy" and I figured why not. But now half of my villagers are calling me that and I regret everything.

Someone FINALLY asked me for help with their catchphrase, so Walker is now the proud owner of the phrase "gimme cake!". I think I will make my next villager say "look at me!" or "I'm Mr. Meeseeks!"...I've been watching a lot of Rick & Morty lol :>

I made Pecan's catchphrase deez nuts, and i find it incredibly hilarious whenever she slips in a deez nuts in conversations or when im talking to her. I mainly did this because not only was it like everywhere, it also matched up with the fact she is a squirrel so of course she likes deez nuts. xD

Last edited:
I made Kid Cat's catchphrase "meowser" before. It's the cutest thing when he mentions that in convos.
Oh, and I made Marshal say "mallow", because he's this adorable marshmallow squirrel. x)

Pekoe is a type of tea so I make Pekoe say "matcha" or "sencha" (also types of tea) as a catchphrase. Merengue is saying "berry good" right now. I like making the jocks greeting "tag", and their chatphrase to be "you're it".

When Ankha was in my old town, I made her say "peasant" as her catchphrase, I think. I normally don't change villagers' catchphrases when I can help it, though.

Back