• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

Two spanking new DIYs in a day! 🤪

I've been playing since launch day and I've been getting so many repeat DIYs in the past few months that I thought I'd never see a new one again. Today was such a surprise. Raymond gave me a rose bed DIY and a bottle gave me the tall lantern DIY.

Here's hoping I'll be able to get the bonsai shelf DIY from one of my cranky residents soon. 🥺

I moved O'Hare's house to the beach yesterday, so I could check it out today and decorate :) I gave him some palm trees, a hearth, camp fire and the ukelele, so he can pursue his popstar (or whatever) dreams and be my village's fisherman at the same time! It's a shame the beaches on my island are kind of narrow, so I had to spread out his 'garden'.

I also planted some more flowers and made some more ruins all over my island, to really give it an overgrown look :)

• love of my life finally has a character on my island. helped him get settle down and honestly he blew through my abd so quickly imma need another good turnip spike lol. i had a great time terraforming and created a space for him to put his tent down on the island. also got to decorate his house because ... :) i am the one giving him bells ( lmao ). all good though he rly like his house.
  • did couple of trades with people.
  • organized my house storage. gave love of my life items i wasn't using and was kinda hoarding. finally found use of the clothing items i bought in different color variations lol. he has most of the black color variant now.
  • since i'm a chronic tt'er, i participated in the fall fishing tourney mainly because i wanted to actually try this time and bump my score to get a gold trophy. also was shooting for two fishing rod stands and another drying rack. super chuffed that i was able to get everything from CJ. boi had the audacity to give me 3 fish rugs in a row bye.
  • finished decorating my beaches. finally, yay!

I completed the fossil collection, I’m actually quite sad as collecting is one of my favourite aspects of the game, I’m not sure what I’ll do once my critterpedia is completed! 🥺

Yesterday I cleared up some clutter from various areas, and began terraforming to accomplish an idea I have! my island is still not fully decorated yet, but I'm really loving how it's slowly turning out nonetheless :) I started from my entrance and have been slowly working my way out. The building I seem to move the most is the museum rip lmao

Today so far I’ve caught a new fish, discovered some new fossils and re-arranged two lily of the valley flowers that had grown since my proper last playing session. I have a little shrine-ish area to a favourite character on mine on the island, so I moved them there. Figured they’d fit well. Halloween season will be soon, so I’m wondering how I can incoporate spooky themes a little more.

Thanks to joycon drift that only got worse, I didn’t have much motivation to play at all in the past few months(among other things), but with a new controller in hand, it feels good to slowly work on my island again. ^^ I TT’d back in time to catch up, though some things are a bit too tedious so I went back to present time. Next year, maybe.

• Ankha gifted me her photo this morning as I was doing gifting rounds
  • Got the Rocket DIY from Celeste!

I finished terraforming the path to the secret beach and I'm mostly happy with it. I also set up a honey stall near the orchard to go along with Tangy's bee farm. My entrance, plaza, shops, and museum are all a mess though lol, I'm only focusing on small corner areas right now rather than the large ones since they're the most intimidating.

Finished up my outdoor museum extensions. A rock garden, nautical history, and a marine rescue center.

Also close to finishing up my outdoor restaurant.

I got the leaf campfire DIY. I farmed Redd multiple times and got the robust statue for the museum. During my Redd farming I also got more purple pansy and purple windflower hybrids

Whitney wanted a puffer fish, so I went to the beach to catch it. Then, I caught a puffer fish, gave it to Whitney, and she gave me a photo of her. Sweet!

I got the acorn pochette DIY from a balloon, got Chief's photo, and started the process of moving a couple houses around to better align a bridge.

I started working on the little bamboo forest-ish area where Kabuki and my character are gonna live. I originally wanted to have a little river running through it but there really wasn't enough room, so I settled for keeping it less complicated. I also moved Kabuki's house to where I want it to be! I finally made some effort with my own house by expanding it and changing the roof colour too.

Unfortunately all the DIY recipesI got today were ones I already knew,,

I did the morning rounds of finding fossils and weeds then quit.

I've lost the will to play.

Redecorated my main room. It's so much cozier now.

Made 1 mill on turnips.

Got a carpet from Saharah that I've been wanting.

My first lily of the valley spawned today. :)

I don't really know how long I will keep up the 5* thing. I got sick of Isabelle telling me about flowers so I planted about 50 flowers the other day and that's how I got up to 5* (it also got me my last flower Nook Mile reward). But I just don't like this many flowers around. Furniture and trees, having no weeds, and no items laying around was never getting me 5*. Isabelle just kept harping on flowers. I don't have zero flowers. I feel like I have a decent amount around. 50 more feels excessive though.

I wish there was a good way to figure out what I need to do for the nature number to not have this many flowers around.

Back