• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

september 11th
checked the mail; received a pink dolly from marty
dug up my daily fossils and money spot
collected my daily weeds, tree branches and rock materials
checked to see what shells were washed up on the beach and found a giant clam
got a cherry wall diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave wrapped fruit/giant clams to the ones i need pics from - got a chic wall from carmen and blue rubber flooring from fauna
customized an item
did a trade
did some fishing and bug catching
collected star fragments off of the beach; got 16 regular, 3 virgo and 1 large!
harvested my pear trees
shot down 2 balloons and got a green long polka skirt and 5 pieces of clay
checked the bulletin board; there was a new announcement for fuchsia’s birthday on the 19th!
crafted an unglazed dish set
sold stuff at nook’s
put stuff into storage
checked the recycling bin
collected my daily bonus nook miles and checked nook shopping
listened to a k.k. slider performance and received a copy of k.k. synth
checked the shops
completed some nook mile achievements

9/12
• Today's HHA S-rank puts us at 239,270 points, the save as last week.
• Poor Gayle was sick today 😭 I made sure to swing by the store and get her some medicine.
• Chatted with Pashmina (sweeping at the plaza, she also asked for some help in catching an ocean fish), Pekoe (out for a stroll), Mathilda (crafting again, this time it was a golden seat), and Patty (on a shopping spree at the Able's), but couldn't seem to find Kitty anywhere...
• Decided to check out some more custom designs (believe me when I say y'all come up with some cool stuff, I'm always so impressed!)
• Decided to grab the king salmon I'd caught the other day from storage and brought it to Pashmina (it only occurred to me when I went to give it to her that it technically counted more as a river fish instead of an ocean fish, but Pashmina didn't seem to mind and took it anyway)

Hmm...nothing! Because I don't have an island yet?! Been resetting for a very specific default island layout for the past couple days and I've only seen it about four times so far, but sadly each time it had peaches or oranges as the native fruit.

i’m finally all caught up! 🥳

september 12th
checked the mail; received a letter from the HHA and a grey rattan table lamp from margie
collected my daily weeds, tree branches and rock materials (found a gold nugget!)
checked to see what shells were washed up on the beach and found 3 giant clams
got a pansy table diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave wrapped fruit/giant clams to the ones i need pics from - got a retro flower-print wall from carmen and a black microwave from fauna
gave carmen a pre-caught napoleonfish and got a china poblana in return
delivered a package to beau for audie and got a navy blue athletic jacket in return
delivered a package to whitney for carmen and got a black raincoat in return
got a new nickname from margie; she’ll now be calling me “x-beans” :’p
tt’d ketchup out
did some fishing and bug catching
put stuff into storage
harvested my pear trees
received a random gift (an orange/white rugby uniform) from whitney
crafted a stone table
sold stuff at nook’s
ordered a dango, moon cakes and a songpyeon
convinced sprinkle to keep her current catchphrase
went island hopping and invited midge on my 43rd ticket!! 🕊💗
checked the recycling bin; found 6 pieces of clay, a white-hyacinth bag, a chic wall, a yellow-tulip bag, an avocado coverall coat, a sapling, blue holey socks, beige chino pants, a light brown director’s chair and a white sunflower dress
checked daisy mae’s turnip price and decided not to buy any again this week
checked the shops; bought 10 pieces of purple wrapping paper from nook’s

9/13
Stayed up to try and get the Cast Master achievement, even going so far as to craft multiple fishing rods. Failed on my 42nd fish. I even came up with the idea to immediately press the home button should I fail to catch a fish (and close the game), but I guess I forgot that one time... Sigh. Gonna try it again a couple more times.

Well I restarted my 2nd island and I managed to fully decorate it (as for now) and I found out special tricks of putting warp pipes all around the island for navigation without bridges and inclines. Of course its still in development and stuff may look barren, but I am working on it, to get the island designer app.

9/13
Cast Master... Stage 2 out of 3...

FIFTY OUT OF A HUNDRED CATCHES, BABY! LOL Finally!

The "press Home button immediately if you screw up" trick works! I didn't even hit it in the very next instant! Of course, sometimes you'll get unlucky and the game would auto-save immediately after you screw up, but not always, so it's still an effective technique!

Furthermore, always catch the smallest fishes! Don't risk it with the bigger-sized ones because they seem to have a chance of getting away even if you hit it when the correct sound comes up.

50 down, 50 to go, and then it's back to actually relaxing in this game without so much pressure...

Man, it was worth it to stay up all night to finish this and ease my mind. Another sleepless night won't hurt to finally get this over with...

I had someone from this forum visit so I could give them some NMT.

Other than that, not much. I might get on again in a little while and work on decorating

• opened the mail - received a Garbage Can from Sherb (thanks Sherb :rolleyes:)
  • chopped wood, hit rocks and had daily fossils assessed and sold
  • watered the flowers
  • visited the shops and purchased a Yellow Heart-Pattern Wall from Nooks Cranny and some Fleece PJs from Able Sisters
  • popped a balloon and received a Garden Lantern
  • spoke to my villagers - stopped Fauna from leaving
  • received the Grass Skirt DIY from Molly but I already knew it
  • agreed to let Whitney change my name to Tulip (honestly must’ve missed what she’s been calling me as I thought that was my nickname to her)
  • gave gifts to Julian and Vivian - received a Top Hat and an Anorak Jacket
  • crafted and customised some items
  • spoke to C.J. and completed his sea sports challenge to catch 3 small fry fish - it was the same challenge as last week but decided to take part as I was going fishing anyway
  • caught and sold some more fish
  • requested to move Diana’s house and then TT’d to get the move completed
  • placed some Stone Fencing at the back of where Diana’s house had originally been (couldn’t reach the back previously) and then requested to move her house back to its original spot - TT’d back to the correct date afterwards
  • checked the recycling bin but didn’t pick anything up today
  • completed some of the daily Nook Miles tasks and redeemed some more miles

9/13 (late day)
• Ran into Wisp again; after helping him out, I recieved an exit sign as a reward. (That is, after I stopped tormenting him; I wanted to know how he'd react if I said I wasn't returning his spirit. The result was pretty amusing 😆 )
• Gulliver washed up on shore again; it took me a little while to find the communicator pieces (he really needs a case for that thing...)
• Chatted with Pashmina (chilling at home), Kitty (out for a stroll), Pekoe and Mathilda (the latter was visiting the former), but I couldn't seem to find Patty anywhere...
• Put a lot of bells into savings.

Last edited:
september 13th
checked the mail; received a letter from fuchsia and the seasonal items that i ordered!
collected my daily weeds, tree branches and rock materials (found a gold nugget!)
checked to see what shells were washed up on the beach and found 4 giant clams
got a log decorative shelves diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave wrapped fruit/giant clams to the ones i need pics from - got a red doctor’s coat from carmen and a blue desert outfit from fauna
caught a wharf roach for carmen and got a brown/black office desk in return
put some spare diys and art in my alt characters’ houses
cleared out my alt characters’ mailboxes
put stuff into storage
deleted some custom designs that i don’t see myself using
did some fishing, bug catching and diving
crafted a fishing rod, a net and a shovel
received random gifts from carmen (a blue prim outfit), beau (a blue elephant slide) and sprinkle (a black pilot’s uniform)
welcomed midge to the island! 💗
shot down a balloon and got a white bunny nose
ordered a songpyeon and mailed it to a friend
invited midge to harv’s island to unlock her poster
checked the recycling bin; found some jointed-mat flooring
commissioned a blue weevil beetle model from flick
checked the shops

9/14
It's a freebie day today, so other than donating more stuff and completing daily tasks, not much to update (I did get bells out of the Money Rock correctly this time).

Oh, and there's also the little side note of... completing all three stages of Cast Master at last. Nothing big. Just 100 consecutive catches.

WOO HOO. :ROFLMAO: And they said I couldn't do it... oh right, I was the one who said that. Ahem.

According to a walkthrough, tomorrow is supposed to be "a big day." I skimmed through the article and didn't read too much to avoid spoiling myself, but I'm looking forward to it. It makes sense, since the third villager will come tomorrow. I know that you could upgrade the Resident Centre after that; after which, hopefully, I could finally get my Amiibo villagers scanned. :giggle:

Just reached a 5 star rating on my 2nd island on the first try. I am so proud of myself that I got so better at designing and decorating.

• opened the mail - received a Mug from Molly and a Pyjama Dress from Whitney
  • placed some orders from Nook Shopping
  • visited the campsite to say hello to Gala who was camping on the island today
  • caught some fish and agreed to sell a sea bass to Julian
  • sold the remaining fish caught
  • chopped wood, hit rocks and had daily fossils assessed and sold
  • collected some seashells from the beach
  • watered the flowers
  • rearranged some of the roses and picked up a few others that had grown out of control
  • purchased some hibiscus starts from Leif
  • visited the shops - purchased a Typewriter from Nooks Cranny and some Denim Overalls from Able Sisters
  • spoke to my villagers - Molly gifted me a Tea Set
  • picked up the Wolf-Wood Wall DIY from Wolfgang and the Money Flooring DIY from Vivian but I already knew them both
  • Whitney was sick so I gave her some medicine and received an Argyle Sweater
  • gave gifts to Julian and Vivian - received some Simple Purple Flooring and a Sweetheart Tank and Shirt
  • popped a couple of balloons - received a Bathroom Towel Rack and some bells
  • crafted and customised some items
  • checked the recycling bin - picked up a Revolving Spice Rack and a Short Peacoat
  • completed some daily Nook Miles tasks and redeemed some miles

9/14
• Was surprised by a few falling stars; made wishes!
• Recieved a white and yellow sombrero from Gulliver in the mail.
• Chatted with Patty (chilling at home), Pekoe (hanging out in her yard), Kitty (out for a stroll on the beach, she then asked for my help in finding a planner she'd misplaced), Mathilda (who decided I needed a monocle), and Pashmina (who told me about some weird dreams she'd had, and then asked if I could catch her a man-faced stinkbug).
• Redd was visiting today; bought a rattan stool variant, but no painting, as the only one I didn't have was a fake :(
• Caught a Man-faced Stinkbug in the hybrid gardens and brought it to Pashmina.
• I searched high and low and lapped the island EIGHT WHOLE TIMES, but I couldn't find Kitty's planner anywhere I looked. I haven't been so frustrated in months! (For the Switch's sake, I ended up giving up 😣 it aggravates me to no end, but I didn't want to lose my temper 😓 )

9/14
  • Announcements today: Jambette is moving in as my fifth villager; the museum is being renovated, and Resident Services will be relocating to a new building. Apparently, I won't be able to use the Nook Stop. I was worried about my streak being disrupted, but apparently (after Googling it up), that won't be a problem, as my streak will be restored after that. lol
  • Opened the mail: Clay sent me a Revolving Spice Rack to celebrate my new room today. Unfortunately, I've already bought one... lol
  • Happy Room Academy sent me a fridge for the room... Why does everyone assume the new room's gonna be a kitchen? lol
  • Got a Sea Globe from a floating balloon today. Tacky.
  • Paid off my loan for the new room. The next one's $700,000+, so I'll put it off for a while. I always prefer to pay it off immediately. I hate debts.
  • Customized my mailbox to "Large Red Mailbox".
  • Bought a bunch of stuff at Nook's Cranny today, including: digital alarm clock, hourglass, menu chalkboard (nice kitchen accessory), and a cat tower (when/if I have a cat).
  • Caught a saw fish for the first time.
  • Got a few fossils I can't identity today because the museum's closed.
  • Agent S gifted me a lawn mower. Aw. I knew there's a reason I like her (among the three randos I picked from mysterious islands).
  • Found the money rock. Was afraid I couldn't find it today.
  • Helped Gulliver with finding communicator parts again.
  • Started the "Fruit Roots" reward challenge by planting an orange. Also got a daily reward for that.
  • "Sure, the stars and planets are floating in space, but what's space floating in? Consider yourself truthed." - Pascal. Mind blown. PFFFOO!!
  • Started the "You Otter Know" reward challenge.
  • Finished my dailies.

Back