• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What do you think is the worst news about AC:NH?

The delayed release is the worst news to me. And I'm really curious about how the auto-save feature is going to work, exactly.

Honestly loving everything else about the game so far.

Yeah basically this. Delayed release sucks but everything else looks great

My biggest disappointment is all the menus I suppose. I wish the crafting menu was disguised as like.. a magazine or notebook. It's good that most menus are explained by the phone but any menu that's a simple pop up menu kind of takes away the immersion. But honestly I can live with it. New Leaf had things I didn't like but I still absolutely love the game. Nothing is ever perfect, so I just choose to enjoy all the amazing new features instead of focus on the very few things that wasn't ideal for me. After all, this game wasn't tailor made for me and the features I might not like as much might be someone else's favourite.

i love this answer because i hadn't even thought about how the user interface effects how you take in the game. on new leaf all the menus were present but they were at the bottom so you could still enjoy the game nice and peacefully without distractions.
and i also like that you bring up that it wasn't tailor made for you and the features are liked different from user to user.

Delay and starting with only two villagers are the worst pieces of new for me, I'd say. I may understand the reason for the delay, but it's still a bit of a bummer.

The fact that if you're not the host in multiplayer, you get teleported if you veer off too far from the host. I hate that.

The fact that if you're not the host in multiplayer, you get teleported if you veer off too far from the host. I hate that.

I feel like that's only a thing in couch co-op, which makes sense since you only have one screen. I'm almost certain that online multiplayer will let the other person wander around on their own.

That reminds me of Little Big Planet, where if a player but the host goes too far, they will disappear and won’t reappear until the host reaches the checkpoint. Even when playing online. I didn’t know Animal Crossing is doing it too.

I would be okay if that happens in local play, but online play, it’s a bad idea.

An extra island would have been nice.

A 3 month delay isn't that long. Nintendo said 2019. With ACNL we waited years. I think I can wait 3 more months for a better game.

A 3 month delay isn't that long. Nintendo said 2019. With ACNL we waited years. I think I can wait 3 more months for a better game.
Long time no see. Welcome back, stitchmaker!

If anything, I felt like I waited shorter for ACNH to come out than I did for ACNL to come out. The release date for ACNH is 6 years, 9 months, and 11 days after the previous. ACNL was 7 years, 6 months, and 4 days after the previous.

And yes, I’m skipping City Folk since it’s basically the same game as ACWW. Just like amiibo Festival, City Folk was a disappointment, and that’s why I had to wait even longer for ACNL to come out than ACNH.

I totally expected the delay and am not bothered by it. The only thing in the trailer or treehouse showcase that made me go "oh..." was the crafting mechanism. It's just not my favourite thing, in any game. But of course I'll give it a chance in AC:NH

I totally expected the delay and am not bothered by it. The only thing in the trailer or treehouse showcase that made me go "oh..." was the crafting mechanism. It's just not my favourite thing, in any game. But of course I'll give it a chance in AC:NH

i love love love this answer! im not sure about crafting either but im totally willing to give it a chance.

not too upset by the crafting or graphics, pretty exited for most everything, but the one town per console is super disappointing for me.

not too upset by the crafting or graphics, pretty exited for most everything, but the one town per console is super disappointing for me.

i think this is a big bummer for a lot of people... especially for people that have a family who owns one switch. but i definitely feel for the people wanting to have multiple towns.

Only having one town per system is pretty killer for me. I like to share my Switch with my nephew and let him play, but I wouldn't trust him with my Animal Crossing town at all. If he had his own town, it'd be fine... but as it is, I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle this.

The map size being about the same as the previous games is also a little saddening. I was kinda hoping we'd rise to 5x5 or even 6x6 acres at this point, but we're still stuck with 4x4, excluding the edges (which you can't really do much with and most of it is ocean)

I'd love to have a bigger map with the ability to have the shops be on the map instead of in a seperate area (Main Street was nice, but it would have been cooler to have those shops in the town, and have the town bigger to accomodate.)

I can see how not having any cloud or external save (SD cards or somethin) is a bummer, cause there's no backup if the console itself breaks. I haven't broken either of my 3DS systems, so that might be why I'm not as disappointed in that as I maybe should be?

I take issue with the crafting aspect. Like, it reminds me too much of Pocket Camp. Of all the features to take from it, why the crafting? Crafting is fine for a mobile spinoff imo and is even well suited for a mobile style real time game, but as a main thing? I just don't like the idea. One could argue that Cyrus is like a crafter and has that 'crafting aspect' but this feels different. I don't enjoy Pocket Camp anymore, even with the cool furniture it has, and I don't want New Horizons to remind me of or resemble it.

One town per console makes me mad. I get why they did it, but seriously they didn’t take in the fact that people could have siblings that would also like an island of their own. I’m stuck sharing a island with my brother (which he’ll be in charge of). He’d probably let me do like small things but I was really hoping that each file on the switch could get their own island :( I know some people might say that it would be too much as we could continuously make accounts on the switch therefore making new islands, but all us AC fans love designing towns (or in this case islands), because we have so many different ideas and themes for them that’d we would want to put into place. Plus the fact that some people enjoy the process of starting a new town/island, because we get to do everything over again, but differently. Also, the sense of buying a new Switch for a new island is ridiculous. Who would actually do that? It’s just not fair.

Last edited:
Only having one town per system is pretty killer for me....

This is also in touch with my answer.

Add to it the auto-save. (I have my reasons for not wanting it.)

Anything that takes away my controlling the game, and does it to my disadvantage, does not please me. (That sounds selfish. But, if you take a Dream in my museum-themed town, ACNLpics, you get a sense of why this is important to me.)

What we all have in common is this: For all of us who will buy “Animal Crossing: New Horizons,” we will have to actually play the game in order to find out how much we will enjoy it. But, when there is any better advantage to “New Leaf” (U.S. release of 2013) than to “New Horizons” (U.S. release of 2020)—in any respect—well, that more than answers this topic’s question.

Back