• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What do you think is the worst news about AC:NH?

The only fact about this game I don't like so far is that there isn't at least one bridge available right at
the beginning? Please correct me if I misunderstood something, but when I took a look at the map from
the Treehouse presentation, there was no bridge visible at all. I mean, the idea with the pole is kinda
cool, but I don't know. I would have like it more if there was one bridge at least available. But I guess
I can live with that and hope it will not take so long to unlock them.

I think the only letdown so far is that the game doesn't support cloud save. It would have been useful
to have it but oh well. It's not the first game where I have to deal with no support at all. I'm still kinda
conflicted about the auto save and how this will work. But other then that, the rest looks overall good.

Me having to buy a Switch in order to play it.
Lol, but seriously, everything seems fine to me so far, waiting for more news on how Isabelle, Reese and other NPCs will appear

The lack of cloud saves. I've had so many problems with the data corrupting and losing my towns (and pokemon saves) on my Japanese 3DS console when using digital copies of games. Having the game save to the console with no way to back-up the data makes me nervous.

Mostly just the cloud saves, but everything else is fine with me. I guess since there won't be any way to protect my data due to the lack of the cloud saves, I'll just have to be more careful with my Switch. Probably would be a good idea to leave it in dock mode all the time, as this way it won't get dropped or anything if it was in handheld mode.

I don't think there's a "worst news" so to speak because we've seen so much of the game, in my opinion, but I'm partial to the idea of crafting, It's just so different from the other games and I don't want it to take hours to make one piece of furniture like in Pocket Camp.

The only fact about this game I don't like so far is that there isn't at least one bridge available right at
the beginning? Please correct me if I misunderstood something, but when I took a look at the map from
the Treehouse presentation, there was no bridge visible at all. I mean, the idea with the pole is kinda
cool, but I don't know. I would have like it more if there was one bridge at least available. But I guess
I can live with that and hope it will not take so long to unlock them.

From my understanding, there probably isn't. It's supposed to be a "deserted" island with just a dock, you, 2 other villagers, and Nook's tent. The rest you have to build/unlock. You're supposed to feel limited in what you can explore until you craft the pole. I'm sure you'll be able to build bridges as you progress.

There's nothing right now TO complain about really. Nothing is set in stone just yet so we can't say that the lack of save backup is bad this far out because it stands the chance of changing.

One might argue that the delay was bad, but in doing so, you'd be arguing against the physical and mental health of those working on the game, and I don't anyone wants to have that one pegged on them.

The lack of cloud or SD card saves and only being allowed one island per switch. I like having multiple towns, but the switch is expensive so I'm not crazy about having to get more than one if I decide I want another game. Also the switch seems like it would be kinda fragile with the exposed screen, so not being able to have a backup for my game in case I break my switch is a huge let down.

Honestly, I feel like it's too early to judge any of the new things they're introducing, since we know so little about it. The worst thing for me personally is the delay, as I was really hoping the game would come out this year, but I understand the reasons behind it and I fully support giving the developers more time to work on it.

EDIT: I'd like to specify that I do support the delay because people's mental and physical stability always comes first. I wouldn't want anyone to work 24/7 with impossible and stressful deadlines just so I can have a videogame a couple of months earlier.

Last edited:
Yeah there's not really anything I don't like so far? It's way too early. I'm not a huge fan of crafting but I think they can make it work and I trust them. Besides, this game is supposed to last us for years, so I think crafting might be a good way to space it out. I'm a huge believer in if you want to finish a game in an hour, do it, and if you want to take your time, do it, but I'm worried if things could be completed instantly we'll get back into the 'when's the next game' loop.

the delayed news made me cry at E3 so it was the worst news for me but now I am afraid that nintendo won't listen to us about the cloud save. let's see...

@lexy_
I really don't think it has anything to do with listening to fans. The outcry came when the game was almost finished. At this point, they won't make big changes anymore. It would be a huge risk to the development and also really, really expensive. The calculation on this game is done. They delayed it so they can make minor changes. Games take years to develop and to include something like cloud save should have taken place way, way earlier.

However, I really don't see the big deal. People complain about losing all their progress when the Switch breaks. It was the same in the past if the game card broke, which wasn't so unlikely for the Gamecube/Wii Versions. People complain about being afraid that their Switch gets stolen - the exact same thing could have happened to their 3DS! I really don't see the difference here. Moreover, I own every Nintendo console that came out since I was born in 1994 and not a single one stopped working. I don't think that the Switch is any more fragile than the 3DS. Just put it in a case if you're on the way and nothing will happen to your Switch. :)

Last edited:
Is there something I've missed? Hard to believe there's eight pages of this when we hardly know anything about the game.

I mean, there are some things that are different that I will take time to adjust to. The fact that everything is built from scratch and you have to make it is a bit different. But I'm not going to jump to saying it is bad. It does at the very least provide something new to look forward to. The ability to just plop any piece of furniture outdoors and customize so much is what stands out the most to me in the game, and makes it very exciting.

The graphics are also a little odd to me. They're not how I expected Animal Crossing to look in HD. I thought the changes made with New Leaf would look really beautiful in HD as the New Leaf artwork images that looked HD showed. Of course, I like the fact that the game has wind. I just don't like the move to make things have less textures. The game's graphics just looks very bland. It doesn't stick out like New Leaf's super colorful, texture-rich style. In the end, it's a minor complaint, though.

I don't really mind the crafting because it seems like it can be optional, and the island isn't that bad (What we've seen was just for a demo, so every island might not be square like that) but the no cloud saves thing kinda worries me. Like everyone has been saying, animal crossing is the most time sink game I can think of. No amount of grinding is going to get you in the same place you were a year ago, because it's probably going to take that whole other year in the event something happens to your save. Animal crossing and my switch is something that I take with me everywhere, especially on trips and I'm not going to want to lose my progress if something happens.

Definitely not having cloud saves for the game... the reason they aren’t giving us this is to prevent people from hacking the game, I play a lot of Splatoon 2, which is another game that lacks cloud saves, and people have still managed to hack the game?? I just hope that they listen to us and allow cloud saves since your data is saves to your console, not the game card.

The only thing about New Horizons that bothers me is that they (Nintendo) seem to be playing it a bit safe. I was kinda anticipating bigger changes than the crafting and the island. Which is a bit funny because some people thinks they've changed too much. But I do trust Nintendo and I don't think they'll disappoint.

Back