• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What do you think is the worst news about AC:NH?

So far the thing about cloud saves and one island per switch. Also not to keen on the auto saving but it probably won’t be such a big deal to me when I play it since I play ton of games with autosaves, I just prefer not doing it for AC :/ I guess i’ll just have to get used to it.

I'm okay with the auto saving, but I agree about cloud saves and one island per Switch. My fiancee and I will both want our own island, but buying a second Switch + ACNH is a big investment. We may just end up sharing the island.

Lack of cloud saves is disappointing, but I never had any issues with losing/corrupting saves in the past so I am hoping I won't have any issues in the future either.

That you're starting entirely from scratch. I know it'll prolong the game's lifespan, but the set-up seems initially so tedious that I can see myself sort of just forgetting about it.

I don't mind the delay since they need it to improve the game, I need nothing other than a PERFECT ANIMAL CROSSING game. But I hate the fact that it doesn't support save data cloud, I hope the petition thingy works.

The delay!!! Of course! But I mean I guess I don't mind waiting for the time being... :rolleyes:

That being said, I love everything else about the game. It seems like there are even more ways to customise your Animal Crossing experience than ever. So if I have to wait a bit longer so they can just polish off that game and make it the best it can be, then it'll be worth it.

(Hopefully we won't discover any flaws after release tho!)

Cloud saves....

Also with the way the lite is going I'm hoping they don't make an exclusive ac switch lite and skip out on a full version exclusive. Seems like the decals are going straight to the lite....even though the lite was supposed to be a solution to the problem not the replacement to the switch.

The lack of cloud saves and the fact that you can only have one island per Switch. I mean, I don't need two copies anyway, now, do I? Probably not, but I'd want a second copy eventually, just like with New Leaf. I'm really looking forward to the game anyway - this is going to be a long six months!

My biggest dissappointment (though could still be in the game) is the lack of biomes like in Happy Home Designer. I was hoping that was a hint at a greater choice of town varieties in the next game. Though I'm holding out hope that the eventual use of Nook Miles is buying other islands of different types.
And if that's not what's coming, then I'd also be disappointed with the Island size. Why is the original game from almost 20 years ago still the largest map we've had?

Also I guess the seeming lack of all the crazy furniture and non-stop events from Pocket Camp. Not that I like how they are implemented in Pocket Camp, but it certainly makes every week feel different which is something I'd like to see in AC switch.

I've just noticed in the latest trailer that sick animals are back.

This is a huge turn-off for me.
One thing I really liked about NL is that they got rid of sick animals.

Last edited:

aw i think its kinda funny that sickness is back
it adds like a more realistic touch to the game and that the villagers aren't always perfect.
also, i vividly remember my new leaf animals getting sick but i just realized they don't do it anymore so i googled it and it turns out, they were removed with the welcome amiibo update...

but anyway i think its cute

Wait a moment, they can be sick again? I didn't even noticed this. Makes me wonder what else they
gonna bring back.

I don't know much about Horizons yet, but I don't like that you can only have one town per gaming console, especially considering how expensive it would be to buy that and another cartridgd. This is sounding like a stunt Capcom would try pulling off, only you'd hear a bigger out cry.

I don't know how the auto-save feature is going to work, but auto-save always has its problems. I prefer it to be optional and not forced which will hopefully be the case, but I'm not holding my breath on it, either.

Everything else looks good so far, the graphics are just fine and it makes the game look really clean and neat, so there probably won't be a need to use qr patterns this time around. I like the crafting table idea, too. Hopefully they'll add a feature to cook food, too in the near future.

Sick animals making a return is fine to me as long as villagers don't get sick every single day, then it'd be an even bigger pain to get them to ping you for unlockables or to let you know if they'll move out. Otherwise, there's no real use for medicine being in he game, since you can just save and quit to get rid of bee stings.

I'll have to see a lot more gameplay footage to know what can be considered the worst features in Horizon, but so far it'd have to be one town per console.

I don't know much about Horizons yet, but I don't like that you can only have one town per gaming console, especially considering how expensive it would be to buy that and another cartridgd. This is sounding like a stunt Capcom would try pulling off, only you'd hear a bigger out cry.

I don't know how the auto-save feature is going to work, but auto-save always has its problems. I prefer it to be optional and not forced which will hopefully be the case, but I'm not holding my breath on it, either.

Everything else looks good so far, the graphics are just fine and it makes the game look really clean and neat, so there probably won't be a need to use qr patterns this time around. I like the crafting table idea, too. Hopefully they'll add a feature to cook food, too in the near future.

Sick animals making a return is fine to me as long as villagers don't get sick every single day, then it'd be an even bigger pain to get them to ping you for unlockables or to let you know if they'll move out. Otherwise, there's no real use for medicine being in he game, since you can just save and quit to get rid of bee stings.

I'll have to see a lot more gameplay footage to know what can be considered the worst features in Horizon, but so far it'd have to be one town per console.

well, considering how auto saves work, maybe it will work like botw and Mario Odyssey where auto-saves are a separate file.

Wait a moment, they can be sick again? I didn't even noticed this. Makes me wonder what else they
gonna bring back.

Yes, Tammy the bear was sweating and said she was coming down with a fever. :-(

aw i think its kinda funny that sickness is back
it adds like a more realistic touch to the game and that the villagers aren't always perfect.
also, i vividly remember my new leaf animals getting sick but i just realized they don't do it anymore so i googled it and it turns out, they were removed with the welcome amiibo update...

but anyway i think its cute

I have enough problems with health in my own family. I don't want to take care of virtual animals as well. LOL

Last edited:
I have enough problems with health in my own family. I don't want to take care of virtual animals as well. LOL

im so sorry to hear that, i hope everything is ok and gets better !!
i just think its cute when a little animal coughs or something and honestly i don't think its the worst pain in the butt to buy them medicine hehe

Yes, Tammy the bear was sweating and said she was coming down with a fever. :-(

You may have interpreted that wrong, as i looked back at the video and what she said was "GAAAAAAHHH! My Brain's running so hot that I'm gonna catch a fever!" while doing the nervous emote, I think she was talking about the temperature of the island (since its the middle of summer and may be due to the fact that she's wearing long sleeves) and meant something more along the lines of possibly getting heatstroke,which seems a bit dark for a game....so i think its more of a "how you feeling at the moment" kind of deal...

You may have interpreted that wrong, as i looked back at the video and what she said was "GAAAAAAHHH! My Brain's running so hot that I'm gonna catch a fever!" while doing the nervous emote, I think she was talking about the temperature of the island (since its the middle of summer and may be due to the fact that she's wearing long sleeves) and meant something more along the lines of possibly getting heatstroke,which seems a bit dark for a game....so i think its more of a "how you feeling at the moment" kind of deal...

Hopefully it was just the temperature. :)
I didn't think of that.

I’m disappointed that the Menus, clock, ETC looks really bland and dull. New leaf’s interface looked iconic and very cute, while the pocket menu I’ve seen was literally a beige blob. I know that minimalism is all the rage these days, but honestly I’m not sure what they were thinking my downgrading it. And the Nookphone background looks noting like a phone and doesn’t disguise well that the nook phone isn’t a new feature and only a lame way to mask the menu and add a cameo from pocket camp. I’m atleast glad that the phonecase could be changed, and that hopefully we can change the background image with a pattern or clothing design. But generally, I’m really excited for this game! I’m just scared that I going to be disappointed

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also think that Tammy didn’t show anything close to a fever or heatstroke. I just think that she was excited because no one I’ve heard did a ‘GAAAAAH!’ when they were dying of heat stroke. And they might bring back illness because the only reason I’ve heard that they got rid of it in welcome amiibo because of a bug where they would move out with announcing it to us. I’ve never played before the WA update, but I think that the villagers getting a little cold would add a little tinge of realism, and hopefully it doesn’t look anywhere close to a terminal illness

That was my problem with them getting sick.

They would be cured and packed without me knowing.

I think it will be a big problem if you can't save your datas in a better way ; your switch should fall on the ground, should have intern problem, should fall in your bath lol. A lot of things could arrive to your switch and if you loose numerous number of hours (and, of course, money) it's definitely not funny.

As well, one town per switch is a problem. On 3DS, I buy another game (and as well another 3DS to exchange features) but I don't want to do that again.

Back