what do you think of pokemon as it is today?

Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
After Hoenn I lost all faith in what they have some nerve calling "Pokemon" now.
Hoenn is where the real competitive/srs bzns pokemon battling started to get interesting. it brought about limited EV'in (before, you had max ev's for all stats), abilities, and added some cool pokes.

where the game is located sucks, due to erryday i'm surfin'.

gen IV has a much better location, I think. and it added the physical/special split, not to mention some more cool pokes to use.

anyone who thinks pokemon died when hoenn came out needs to take out the nostalgia goggles. 4 srsly.
KEYWORDS:After Hoenn
keywords: lolololol

after hoenn could mean hoenn and on, or could mean just after hoenn, not including it.

either way, gen IV wasn't all that bad, and I'd assume that more people like sinnoh than hoenn, overall.

either way, nostalgia goggles need to come off.
After Hoenn can in no means mean Hoenn and after.

L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
KEYWORDS:After Hoenn

after hoenn could mean hoenn and on, or could mean just after hoenn, not including it.

either way, gen IV wasn't all that bad, and I'd assume that more people like sinnoh than hoenn, overall.

after hoenn

after seeing/playing hoenn, including hoenn.

either way, nostalgia goggles need to come off

contests were alright, but nothing really needed/necessary.

Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepAfter Hoenn

after hoenn

after seeing/playing hoenn, including hoenn.

either way, nostalgia goggles need to come off

contests were alright, but nothing really needed/necessary.
Nostalgia goggles were never on, bro. Sinnoh just sucked.

-Aaron said:
I never understood the points of contests and ribbons. They're pretty stupid.
What he said.

I used to love the show when it first cam out, now its just awful.

I like all games but sapphire/ruby/emerald and diamond/pearl
HeartGold is great, I think. It will be interesting to see what Black and White are like...

I think that all of the pokemon games that are before ruby/sapphire/emerald were great, then r/s/e was good, d/p/p was bad, and HG/SS was okay.

Personally, I like it all. Pokemon is a classic. I love and have all the eevee-lutions in each game.

animalcrossingexpert said:
Personally, I like it all. Pokemon is a classic. I love and have all the eevee-lutions in each game I own. Excluding the games that aren't from gen. IV
Fixed.

Rogar said:
Psychonaut said:
feature wise, I'd say gen IV and gen II are up there, due to wifi and clock, respectively.

gen IV is a lot better imo, if not only due to the physical/special move split. that's probably the most defining change in the actual game since the addition of dark/steel.

hoenn didn't really bring a lot to the table, but you have to restart somewhere, I guess.

as I've said before, hoenn being half-water is utter *censored.2.0*.
it was hoenn that brought the physical/special move split and all that cool stuff :l
Along with double battles.

Like many other good video game franchises, I feel that Pokemon is a dead horse being beaten. R/B is one of the best video games of all time. G/S weren't bad either... they added a considerable amount of new things to the game, 100 new Pokemon, much more vibrant colors graphically, doubled the size of the game (from 1 region & 8 badges to 2 regions and 16 badges), introduced berries, baby Pokemon, times of day, etc. I have played R/S more than any of the other new games, and they are fun to play. But they've become so predictable - upgrade the graphics, add 100 Pokemon, add some random side-quest-esque thing (ribbons, contests, berry mixing, 7 islands, etc.) that really has minimal impact on the main game, and you've got G/S version 2.2.

I actually never played Pokemon until gen. III so imo FRLG were the best for me. Hoenn was awesome (I didn't mind the water), I can't stand sinnoh. G/S is awesome. Pokemon Yellow was pretty good (but *censored.3.0*ing HARD), but as I played FRLG already R/B weren't really anything special to me.
And everyone is losing faith in the series... I'm not. I can kinda get used to the changes. Gen. V looks like it'll be pretty good.

dontkillmegohan

Smugleaf said:
I actually never played Pokemon until gen. III so imo FRLG were the best for me. I can't stand sinnoh. G/S is awesome. Pokemon Yellow was pretty good (but *censored.3.0*ing HARD), but as I played FRLG already R/B weren't really anything special to me.

dontkillmegohan
I won't... I understand... I started watching the anime when it was on at 6:30 in the morning... September 98. Got Pokemon Red within 2 months after that. By then I was hooked on Pokemon. Within a year so was half my grade at school. Going to the grocery store with my mom? Bring my GBC and play Red on the way, at the store (if I wasn't pushing the cart), and on the way back. Rainy day? Play Red. Beautiful sunny day? Play Red... ok, and maybe play outside a little, too.

But R/B was unlike anything ever before, and that's what my friends and I grew up on... so if you're growing up with the new ones, and I were you, I'd probably look back on R/B and wonder why anyone enjoyed playing those. But those games were something special. ;)

DarthGohan1 said:
Smugleaf said:
I actually never played Pokemon until gen. III so imo FRLG were the best for me. I can't stand sinnoh. G/S is awesome. Pokemon Yellow was pretty good (but *censored.3.0*ing HARD), but as I played FRLG already R/B weren't really anything special to me.

dontkillmegohan
I won't... I understand... I started watching the anime when it was on at 6:30 in the morning... September 98. Got Pokemon Red within 2 months after that. By then I was hooked on Pokemon. Within a year so was half my grade at school. Going to the grocery store with my mom? Bring my GBC and play Red on the way, at the store (if I wasn't pushing the cart), and on the way back. Rainy day? Play Red. Beautiful sunny day? Play Red... ok, and maybe play outside a little, too.

But R/B was unlike anything ever before, and that's what my friends and I grew up on... so if you're growing up with the new ones, and I were you, I'd probably look back on R/B and wonder why anyone enjoyed playing those. But those games were something special. ;)
Same here.

Except I would go outside... and play R/B.

Bacon Boy said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Smugleaf said:

dontkillmegohan

Same here.

Haha... same here... oh good times

DarthGohan1 said:
Smugleaf said:

dontkillmegohan

No, no, I know that people grew up on those. Like, maybe years in the future, people will think the games I played were boring and stuff. Even if there were better games, I played them a lot, so they hold a special place in my heart attic. :D

DarthGohan1 said:
Bacon Boy said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Smugleaf said:

dontkillmegohan

Same here.

Mom: "Alfred, you need to go outside and get some sun."
Me: "Okay!" *grabs Gameboy and runs outside*

Bacon Boy said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Bacon Boy said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Same here.

Mom: Darthgohan1, stop playing Gameboy!!!
Me: Ok, Mom, anything you say! *saves game. gets gbc. takes red out of gb and into gbc. feels mischievous.*

DarthGohan1 said:
Bacon Boy said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Bacon Boy said:
Me: Ok, Mom, anything you say! *saves game. gets gbc. takes red out of gb and into gbc. feels mischievous.*
Lol your mom calls you by your TBT name...before it existed

Mom: Rin, stop playing your gameboy!
Me: Ok! *is playing DS*

DarthGohan1 said:
Bacon Boy said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Bacon Boy said:
What I'd do:

Mom: "Take a break from that, okay?"
Me: *Waits five minutes then turns it back on*

Back