what do you think of pokemon as it is today?

I can't understand what it is with you people?! When ever something is 2.5+ years old you jizz all over the word "nostalgia." And whenever somebody comes along and tries to spice things up make it new, fresh, cool. You hate it, pretty much automatically. I can understand some legitimate not liking of some newer Pokemon, but all of them HATE? Calm down. Now this doesn't apply to all, but for those of you that it does.... (BB Farren)

Miranda said:
It's nothing new to this forum of my hatred for Pokemon and I never have/never will like it, but that's not why I am here...I actually have some genuine questions I am curious to have answered for me, thanks.

I don't see how it is still popular in today's day and age, this game is OLD! It was around when I was like 11-12, and I find it crazy it is still as popular today. What is it with this game that makes it so appealing? And if people liked it better way back when, why is it still as big today?
the reason that I like it (and a lot of people who obsess over wifi/battling real people) is the customization aspect that it now has, due to EV's, IV's, and all that good stuff.

it more or less diversifies each usable pokemon, so that the already high options for your team (6 out of a possible 150, and now 400-something)

or at least that's why I like it/still play it sometimes. of course, it's usally shoddy battle, but it's still pokemon at it's core.

there's a limit as to what's usable competitively, but even then, the game has a lot of customization that the player is able to tinker around with.

that, and espeon is <3

Miranda said:
It's nothing new to this forum of my hatred for Pokemon and I never have/never will like it, but that's not why I am here...I actually have some genuine questions I am curious to have answered for me, thanks.

I don't see how it is still popular in today's day and age, this game is OLD! It was around when I was like 11-12, and I find it crazy it is still as popular today. What is it with this game that makes it so appealing? And if people liked it better way back when, why is it still as big today?
Um, the game isn't old. New Pok

Tyeforce said:
Miranda said:

Um, the game isn't old. New Pok

Show- I really only watched Hoenn. I would watch it everyday after school. >_>
Games- I think they're getting better, but not by much.

The games go on a scale like this:

___
______

Rorato said:

___
______

Tyeforce said:
Rorato said:

___
______

YAY FOR RANDOM LINES.

Its crap. I saw a little boy in a store once, and his shirt only had new pokemon.. seriously wanted to kick him.

ORIGINAL FOR THE WIN!

And sorry to hear about your kitty. ;_;

Peekab00m said:
Its crap. I saw a little boy in a store once, and his shirt only had new pokemon.. seriously wanted to kick him.

ORIGINAL FOR THE WIN!
Did you ever stop and think that, to that little kid, the fourth generation of Pok

Tyeforce said:
Peekab00m said:

ORIGINAL FOR THE WIN!
Did you ever stop and think that, to that little kid, the fourth generation of Pok

Tyeforce said:
Peekab00m said:

ORIGINAL FOR THE WIN!

Back