• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What is the meaning behind your island name?

Zenda, well... I... I really don't know. Still, could be that i read a word with Zenda on it and i found the name cool for an island.

Also at first i consider to name it like a Pokemon Region i desist cause my Town in City Folk is already named Hoenn.

My island is called Arizona. It’s really contradicting and ironic, now that I think about it.

Old island Milkiss was inspired by the Korean drink Milkis. I didn't know what island theme to do at the time I started playing so I just went with my favorite drink lol.

New island Liyue is named after the region in Genshin. I really love the terrain and sights in Genshin and I wanted to try and replicate that aesthetic in ACNH.

Okewa is a Maori word for 'rain-bearing clouds'. It's been raining a lot so I wanted a rain-inspired name for my island.

Moonraker-Nautical; first recorded in 1780–90. A moonraker, also known as a moonsail, hope-in-heaven, or hopesail, is a square sail flown immediately above a skysail on the royal masts of a square rigged sailing ship. (Wikipedia)

one word. pears. i was hoping for my fruit to be peaches but nope! pears! (pears probably taste better anyway lol)

My island's name is Châlons, which comes from the French city of Châlons-en-Champagne, a city in northeastern France which is known for its big champagne production

My current one is named Aurelia, I was looking for yellow/golden names and it goes well with my name. :)

Mine is Kokonut because I wanted to have a name using the letter k. But I couldn’t think of a word other than “coconut” at the time. I actually am not happy with my island name hahaha

I always name my towns "Tadaima", its what you say when you come home in Japan.
So I had a clever idea,,, in Japanese island is "shima" but if you use it as part of a name it becomes "jima", like "Gunkanjima" for example.
So I combined that with Tadaima and got Tadajima! ☆

My island is called ☆woofbark☆ , I knew i wanted a primarily dogs/wolfs on my island as that was my plan in new leaf too- although my town was called Aurora! But yeah cycled through a bunch of hound/canine names to no avail due to the character limit... then settled for this and the cute stars!

I named my island Vasisland, a combination of Vasilevski (the Tampa Bay Lightning goalie) and island. I hadn't planned a name for my island in advanced, so I ended up drawing inspiration from the fact the NHL season had been suspended at that time due to the pandemic, in addition to tying it into who I am as a hockey/Bolts fan.

My island name is Townsville, based off the fictional town in the PowerPuff girls. I love animation and this was really the best name I could come up with on the spot. 😞

Anidale

ANIme
ANImals
Dale just sounds cool. Lol

Inkwell is from Cuphead. I accidentally put a space after the name though so it looks weird when a character mentions it.

At the time I made the island, I went to school in a town called Bristol, and I live in Bristol County. The ö is just a fun face, but it can be pronounced /ˈbɹɪstøl/ (BRIS-töel) or /ˈbɹɪstoʊ̯l/ (BRIS-toll).

Back