• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What kind of 3ds do you need for ACNL?

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I know this sounds stupid but at like future shop there is one that's $170 and one that's $200. Which one do you need to play ACNL or are they the same? If they're the same I feel stupid :p

Any 3DS can play any 3DS game.

But there are the normal 3DS systems, and the 3DS XL, which has a larger screen. Both will be able to play the game.

Ya what gallows said;
But I still find it strange how here XL's are the same price as the regular

But pretty much the XL just has a larger screen and longer battery life

Ya what gallows said;
But I still find it strange how here XL's are the same price as the regular

But pretty much the XL just has a larger screen and longer battery life

And better sound quality - I've heard.

Meh, not to rant but why does Nintendo come out with new forms of their products... Every time it makes me feel like I could've gotten better for the same(ish) money...

I suggest you to get an 3DS XL because it has beautiful big screen & as Blueyoshi said it has a better sound quality

I suggest you to get an 3DS XL because it has beautiful big screen & as Blueyoshi said it has a better sound quality

agreed. better sound quality but lower sound volume (smaller speakers).

And better sound quality - I've heard.

Meh, not to rant but why does Nintendo come out with new forms of their products... Every time it makes me feel like I could've gotten better for the same(ish) money...

The sound quality is the worst thing about a 3DS XL. You hear crackling and screeching. I have to turn the volume halfway to avoid damaging the speakers.

I too heard the xl didn't have as good sound quality, quieter and crackles easier but fuether apart giving better stereo seperation, but I always found if you really want to hear the game, you want to use headphones anyway.

Thing I like most about the xl is the glare reduction.

I find while playing Wild World on a DSLite, being around the same size as a 3DS or smaller, it's a bit challenging to see what you're doing within the game as the graphics appear small on the screen.
Though, this comes from having played Animal Crossing for the GameCube on a TV screen which I've gotten used to. Same when playing City Folk.
For New Leaf specifically I waited for the 3DS XL because of the larger screen.
Guess what I'm trying to say here is preference. Some may find it easier to play games like New Leaf on a bigger screen than a smaller one. Especially if they're used to bigger screens to begin with.

Back