Malls: What do you think of them? Do you visit them often?

Malls, what do you think of them?

• Total voters
i still do most of my shopping online, but i do enjoy going to malls! the closest one to me is pretty dead, but there are some pretty nice ones in neighboring cities.

I like going to malls. It’s better than online shopping.

In the last six years (including this year), I’ve visited a mall at least once a year. Even after the pandemic hit. The most likely thing I would buy from a mall is cookies from Great American Cookies.

It's nice depending on my mood or how busy it is. Sometimes I like to do shopping online. But honestly, depending on where you live, once you've been to one you've been to them all. Like I noticed when I was in Japan it felt that way since most malls would have a lot of the really famous shops in them (like Uniqlo).

The one's in my area probably aren't as big as some others, but I'm kind of in the middle for them. I enjoy going to the shopping centre occasionally, and I think it's a decent place to catch up with people, especially those you're not as close to. However, for most visits I try to get in and out as soon as possible. I'll generally use irl shopping for most stuff, and then online shopping for stuff that's harder to find/more niche things, or for a store that doesn't have a physical outlet near me.

I like going to the mall every once in a while, I think it's fun! Sadly a lot of things are overpriced so I don't usually buy much when I go out unless there's a good sale. It helps to price check online to make sure you aren't getting ripped off at the mall

I’m an older millennial, so I grew up going to malls when I was a kid & teenager (plus my mom loved to shop). I know where I live now, they seem to be phasing out the regular ‘ol indoor mall & opting for the outdoor, more outlet shopping center design. But with the weather still being triple digits here, an outdoor mall isn’t where I want to be right now! I miss the huge malls in the Philippines (I’m looking at you, SM!), & wish we had something like that here in the states. My family & I really enjoyed spending time at those big malls when we went on vacation there earlier this year. I've always wanted to go to the Mall of America one day, but still haven’t visited yet.

I love malls! They're so nostalgic to me and window shopping is fun. I do most of my shopping online, but there's still many items that are better to see in person before purchasing, so I will sometimes use the mall for that, too. :]

i go to a few malls. the ones i go to still are popular as hell, one is an outdoor mall and the other one is the largest mall in the state. it's massive, filled with hundreds of stores. i like them both tbh, i go once a month but usually because im dragged along with someone.

Malls are pretty cool. It's great for going to find a lot of different things you might need all smacked into the same district. Some can be really extravagant and others can be kind of trashy. Now there's online shopping which is convenient, but it's also convenient to get what you want that same day and not have to wait around. Plus it's a nice thing to do to get out of the house or whatever. I'm usually not in the house that much anyway, but it's still nice to go and do things.

I remember when I was a kid there was this retro game and anime store that I would check out every now and then. It was in a mall where I live. There was all kinds of cool old vintage games, vintage anime, and just all around it had this cool retro arcade vibe to it. Found all kinds of treasures over there when it was still around.

Plus the choices of the food courts were great to. Sure they're dead or dying now, but I don't really know if that's such a good thing to be honest. Online shopping is great, but it's mostly dominated by all the big sweatshops like Amazon, which makes it harder for smaller stores to get a footing. Plus a lot of people don't really get out enough as it is.

I used to love going to Borders for manga, Sam Goody for anime, and K.B. toys for games. Of course those are gone now. I may have named my New Horizons island after Suncoast, the store.

I'm pretty sure Hot Topic still exists.

I think they're OK, and I'm sort of indifferent towards them. Growing up, I didn't really spend time hanging out in malls for fun or go to malls to do some shopping because I can. If I shop, then the reason is I have something in mind that I would like to purchase. I would just visit the store in a shopping district here, which has many stores and boutiques that I likely couldn't find in a mall.

They’re nice! A great place to go on dates and get your steps in. There are always a few shops I like to visit if I can. And there’s plenty of yummy food.

We have one mall, still a decent food court and selection of stores, but a lot has closed down. Hours are horrible and the parking lot is so bad they got sued over it. I kinda hate going there, but for some reason one of my best friends from South Carolina loves it, so whenever she visits, we go there.

Back