• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What month do you think AC3DS will be released in?

Why wouldn't NA and Europe get the same release date? Both countries speak English right? :(

Well if you look at the release dates for the past animal crossing games, Europe has always gotten it after North America....
I'm not saying it will be like that this time around but it's always been like that.

I just hope they give us British players PROPER translations - which means things like 'mum' and 'colour'. It would irritate me so much that after all this time, they couldn't even correct the spelling for us.

I wish they could just release English games for English speakers, then worry about the Czech, Lithuanian etc because lets be honest, who plays AC in them countries?

It'll probably be released in June... sadly.

I just hope they give us British players PROPER translations - which means things like 'mum' and 'colour'. It would irritate me so much that after all this time, they couldn't even correct the spelling for us.

I wish they could just release English games for English speakers, then worry about the Czech, Lithuanian etc because lets be honest, who plays AC in them countries?

It'll probably be released in June... sadly.

Everything you just said is incredibly selfish.
Spelling shouldn't matter if you know what it's saying, and all countries should get a chance to play the game, not just the English speaking ones.

I don't really understand how it's selfish - that's crap. The game sells best in Japanese and English - so surely they should ship the game into these countries first? Sure, they should be made into the other languages but why bother if they won't sell?

I don't really understand how it's selfish - that's crap. The game sells best in Japanese and English - so surely they should ship the game into these countries first? Sure, they should be made into the other languages but why bother if they won't sell?

They do sell. You can't just pick favorites when you're a company trying to sell as much of your product as possible.
From your logic, Nintendo might as well just not localize the game at all, since it sells better in Japan than it does anywhere else.

The problem you're not seeing is that you can't just ship out games based on what language they have. When they ship to EU, that means it's shipping to all of Europe, not just the English speaking ones. They get it out everywhere all at the same time so that the game will sell quickly in a lot of places.

and no, it's not crap. People should be thankful they're getting the game at all, because Nintendo could do well enough with not localizing it.

Well its possible the PAL version will be released in Febuary because the Irish calander is the first month of spring is febuary.

Back