• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What month do you think AC3DS will be released in?

I wouldn't read anything into it. The page specifically says "This information is valid as of E3 2011."

It hasn't been updated since then, considering they don't even have the title of the game there.

If Nintendo were the ones that said Q2, then that's what it'll be.

Could you point out where in there it says first quarter? I'm not seeing it.

It doesn't. It only says 2013.

It is on the right hand side, in the same place as on the UK site. As a note, when I looked at the French site, I also looked at the UK site, and at that time, it said only 2013, which is why I did not include it in my survey of websites. I checked with UK simply because it was in English. That tells me that the UK site has been updated SINCE this afternoon when I looked at it. I guess I should have mentioned what it said at the time...oh well, lesson learned. Believe what you like, but it looks hopeful to me. JMHO

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue with anyone on the matter since I've probably already done it, but ever since this game was announced the people on these forums have been going insane with release dates. It just repeats the same thing every year.

Last year or the year before everyone thought it was going to come out in January-March. It didn't. Then they thought it'd be out in April-June. Didn't happen.
What I'm getting at is, you're hoping for something that has a seriously low chance of happening. If the EU release is Q2, the most earliest possible date you could hope for is April for EU. For anywhere else, it probably won't be released any earlier. With the success it had in Japan, they're going to want to release it everywhere else at the same time.

I'm not going to argue with anyone on the matter since I've probably already done it, but ever since this game was announced the people on these forums have been going insane with release dates. It just repeats the same thing every year.

Last year or the year before everyone thought it was going to come out in January-March. It didn't. Then they thought it'd be out in April-June. Didn't happen.
What I'm getting at is, you're hoping for something that has a seriously low chance of happening. If the EU release is Q2, the most earliest possible date you could hope for is April for EU. For anywhere else, it probably won't be released any earlier. With the success it had in Japan, they're going to want to release it everywhere else at the same time.

I'm not arguing either...I'm just saying, these are the OFFICIAL Nintendo websites for these countries and at least one has changed TODAY. As I just put on another forum, I'm figuring that the EU spokesperson guy said Q2 as an overestimate. If it comes out in Q1, he will look good and be the hero to all of the fans there...if it doesn't, no harm, no foul because he already said Q2. I'm liking Q1 for everyone because it makes marketing sense...by then the sales of Paper Mario and WiiU console/games will have slowed enough for them to make a profit on Animal Crossing. If I'm wrong, then so be it. I just cannot figure out why these official websites are any less credible than the Nintendo Direct?

Last edited:
I thought the game would be released in March, but after hearing about the Q2 release, I'm thinking it'll be released in June.
I just hope Europe doesn't have to wait too long after America.

I watched a video from nintendo direct and well for Europe its the 2nd quarter of 2013 which is April, May, June.
I have seen other videos and i have gathered for Europe it will be released on the 1st of May 2013 :)
I hope its sooner since i cannot wait any longer ~

Ok, so sorry for bumping this, but I know how much some of you hate new threads.

Nintendo of America has announced that Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon, Gates to Infinity will be released on March 24 https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS. From what I am gathering elsewhere, this is signifying yet another delay in AC:NL.

Your thoughts?

NA and EU mostly likely will get in in Q2, the question is same month or different months

I hate to say it, but Q2 takes it out of the promised "Early 2012" time period promised by the 10/25 ND. Once you get much past 3 months into the new year, it is no longer early.

Nintendo could still pull off early meaning, "The first six months."
Which would probably end up meaning Q2 for everyone.

It's hard to tell right now. If we get any news on a release in January it'll be a huge surprise to me.

Nintendo could still pull off early meaning, "The first six months."
Which would probably end up meaning Q2 for everyone.

It's hard to tell right now. If we get any news on a release in January it'll be a huge surprise to me.

I highly doubt it'll be January (or February... or March) based on the fact that AC was not mentioned even once during the latest Nintendo direct. They wouldn't ignore a game that would be released in a month or two. I think it'll be April at the absolute earliest. Nintendo could pull off April being "early 2013". But May? No. (Although, they probably won't stay true to that "early next year" statement.)

I left the AC-fandom world for about a month or two in hopes when I come back we'd have more info... There's still no confirmed release date? Ugh.

I highly doubt it'll be January (or February... or March) based on the fact that AC was not mentioned even once during the latest Nintendo direct. They wouldn't ignore a game that would be released in a month or two. I think it'll be April at the absolute earliest. Nintendo could pull off April being "early 2013". But May? No. (Although, they probably won't stay true to that "early next year" statement.)

I meant news in January of a release later on. After reading what I said I understand the confusion. lol
I also agree. The game looks like it's going to be released later on, with April being the earliest possible. Though they could say May is still early in the year since it's only in Q2. But as far as it's looking, we'll be lucky to get April as a release. Without luck, I'd say May or June as the best guess right now.

Ok, so sorry for bumping this, but I know how much some of you hate new threads.

Nintendo of America has announced that Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon, Gates to Infinity will be released on March 24 https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS. From what I am gathering elsewhere, this is signifying yet another delay in AC:NL.

Your thoughts?

i don't see this as a 'signifying yet another delay in AC:NL'
Pokemon is a much bigger franchise than AC. and this game was announced in September and released in November in Japan.
I personally dont see this as a delay for animal crossing

Your thoughts?

I don't see why this means delay in AC:NL. It's possible to release two games at or near the same time. Especially if it's just a spin off Pokemon game.

On a side note, I never been more excited for a Mystery Dungeon game.

I hate to say it, but Q2 takes it out of the promised "Early 2012" time period promised by the 10/25 ND. Once you get much past 3 months into the new year, it is no longer early.

I would say with some leeway, April could be considered as early 2012. I really believe AC is coming out in April. Why half a year after Japan, I have no idea.

Why wouldn't NA and Europe get the same release date? Both countries speak English right? :(

Back