• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What month do you think AC3DS will be released in?

I know this may have been said somewhere before, but I forgot where. Why is it that EU release is always a time after a NA release? I was just looking at the release dates last night and just found it awfully puzzling. I can understand translating for the non-English speaking countries, but otherwise, I'm pretty confused. And I don't mean the big gap between the first AC, I mean WW and CF.

I know this may have been said somewhere before, but I forgot where. Why is it that EU release is always a time after a NA release? I was just looking at the release dates last night and just found it awfully puzzling. I can understand translating for the non-English speaking countries, but otherwise, I'm pretty confused. And I don't mean the big gap between the first AC, I mean WW and CF.

I've been saying it, I think the main reason is just simply translation and localization. Nintendo of Europe has to program in, add dialogue for and add region specific items for the region specific events..and then test them to make sure nothing is amiss. I think that part is probably more time consuming than simply translating the game.

On top of that, I'm sure Nintendo plays the market to try and get the best sales.

I'm thinkin' late March or early April now.

But I wouldn't be surprised by May

tumblr_mekll6ysVJ1qdm0y0o1_500.jpg

/thread

Can we close this nonsense now? please?

I don't know if this is any indication/help but my Nintendo Club calendar arrived today and the month of March is an AC:NL calendar.. :O so MAYBE March? That's obviously just speculation though :p

My guess is that it won't get to North America until May-June, or even later since they have already run out of physical copies and have not yet met the demand for them in Japan.

This is what I said on December 3rd, before the North American Nintendo Direct that omitted NL entirely.

I have been thinking that Nintendo might not meet their tentative timeframe of the first half of 2013. It wouldn't be the first time that a tentative timeframe like this has been pushed back, for this game. Remember when the tentative timeframe was the summer of 2012? I am not saying it's their fault; things happen. At any rate I hate to be such a pessimist, but lately I have been thinking Christmas 2013 or early 2014.

This is what I said on December 3rd, before the North American Nintendo Direct that omitted NL entirely.

I have been thinking that Nintendo might not meet their tentative timeframe of the first half of 2013. It wouldn't be the first time that a tentative timeframe like this has been pushed back, for this game. Remember when the tentative timeframe was the summer of 2012? I am not saying it's their fault; things happen. At any rate I hate to be such a pessimist, but lately I have been thinking Christmas 2013 or early 2014.

Oh, please, don't even think that. I'm not sure I can stand that much longer. I read somewhere that someone uses AC as a bit of therapy for depression (I'm not sure where), and I'm right there with them on that front. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later. I like it for March.

I really hope it comes out before july.

RisingSun : I am also one of those people that uses AC as a bit of therapy for depression. right now I don't have any of my other ac games to play so it would be nice if acnl comes out soon.

I highly doubt we'll be getting the game in March. I think they only added Animal Crossing's picture to March to fit a theme. Just like how Luigi's Mansion takes up October when it's being released in the Spring. Fire Emblem is being released in early 2013, but I believe it's November's picture.

The German official Nintendo website is saying Q1 (for EU) right now. Of course, it is possible that they haven't updated their website yet, but....

www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-3DS/Animal-Crossing-Vorlaufiger-Titel--273841.html

Google translate did a pretty good job with the text on this website, so it seems good.

Edited to add: The person who I got the link from said the website had said TBA until the last couple of days, so this is a good date.

Last edited:
Huh because the Europe Nintendo direct said Q2. It would be strange to have different dates for the same continent. That's like Canada getting a game before USA.

Though maybe I'm wrong. I dunno!

Huh because the Europe Nintendo direct said Q2. It would be strange to have different dates for the same continent. That's like Canada getting a game before USA.

Though maybe I'm wrong. I dunno!

I agree...but that is the official Nintendo site for Germany. I wonder if it will mean that all of EU will get it in Q1 now...idk. I wonder if they direct was giving an exaggerated release date.

Edit: Interestingly...I was just kind of looking at the French Nintendo site, and it is saying the first quarter (no, I don't speak either of these languages, but, there is enough similarities in the languages that I can work it out, and Google translate is doing ok with it as well)

Here is the link to that one:
http://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Nintendo-3DS/Animal-Crossing-Titre-provisoire--273841.html

Last edited:
I agree...but that is the official Nintendo site for Germany. I wonder if it will mean that all of EU will get it in Q1 now...idk. I wonder if they direct was giving an exaggerated release date.

Edit: Interestingly...I was just kind of looking at the French Nintendo site, and it is saying the first quarter (no, I don't speak either of these languages, but, there is enough similarities in the languages that I can work it out, and Google translate is doing ok with it as well)

Here is the link to that one:
http://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Nintendo-3DS/Animal-Crossing-Titre-provisoire--273841.html

Could you point out where in there it says first quarter? I'm not seeing it.

Back