• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What things do you think you will be able to do as a mayor?

Ti4558

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Evicting villagers from your town.

Collecting taxes.

placing new building/items in your town.

Acepting or declining villagers that want to come into your town.

Helping bussiness.

Expanding your mayorship to other towns/places.

Haha, taxes I like but I'm not sure Nintendo would give you complete control when it comes to managing villagers exiting and leaving town. The rest of the ideas are brilliant however!

Nintendo has confirmed that you can choose who you want to move into your town, or rather, accept villagers request or something... WHATEVER!

Nintendo has confirmed that you can choose who you want to move into your town, or rather, accept villagers request or something... WHATEVER!

I'm glad to hear it. I always got the ugliest animals in my towns like Elise... EWWW

Ummm i forgot where i read it... lemme go see...

9 mins later

FOUND IT!! finally, it was on Jeremy and Socks video, at least i think that's who it is but here, read the description

Description

What it says:
For years we've toiled on the bottom rung of the hierarchy. Never again! Animal Crossing 3DS revolves around your stint as Mayor. Hear that Nook? We ain't crossing your palm with a single stinking bell. In fact, we're imposing a racoon tax. Failure to pay will result in banishment to Boondox. It's good to be the mayor. Imagine dictating who could live in your village, or scheduling your own festivals. After three relatively samey experiences, the 3DS version promises much needed innovation.

What Tortimer is holding:
Mayoral decree #1: All animals aged 21 and above will report to the Carousel for Renewal.

What Blathers is holding:
Mayoral decree #2: Blathers will desist from telling boring anecdotes about his childhood.

NEW INFO: If this image is real, then that means as mayor, we will be able to choose our neighbors and schedule our own festivals/holidays! It also promises that this is not another remake of the past three games!

UPDATE: This information is confirmed in the UK Official Nintendo Magazine. While the magazine is official, its credebility isn't exactly golden.

View and read the full image here:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?60658-Unofficial-AC-3DS-Informat...

Alrighty, thanks, I'll add that to moi thread.

For me, I'd like to see more freedom to change the landscape of your town. (of course) In City Folk you needed hacks to do that, but in AC:3DS, you should be able to change things in your town, just like in reality. Move buildings, create gardens, forests, anything you want!

@Keenan: Yeah i hope they'll make it so you're able to move all/most of the buildings!

I actually enjoy picking weeds, but it would be good if they made it so the villagers could pick weeds if you let them

or even better, if you could hire someone to water your flowers for you! Oh man, that would be a lifesaver.

No i think that would be boring, flowers die because they get used for perfect town, which gives you the golden can, having people take care of them would make the golden can too easy to get, which IMO is the most rewarding gold tool in the game

No i think that would be boring, flowers die because they get used for perfect town, which gives you the golden can, having people take care of them would make the golden can too easy to get, which IMO is the most rewarding gold tool in the game

Maybe it could be added after you get the gold can. It was just depressing when I had pretty flowers all over my town and I don't play for a while and I come back to find that all my flowers died.

My town was full of hybrids that i grew for a year straight, then my game broke and have no idea what my town looks like.

Again, i've never really liked the "lets get someone else to play the game for me" idea

I think it would be cool to be able to customize the island to maybe add a little drink shack (don't know what else to call those things) or pool. I think I'd probably want Tortimer there though kinda as if he was on vacation and he could give you mayoral tips.

Back