Whatever happened to Digby and Lyle?

Lyle, I can do without. But I agree about Digby. He's so cute, and I would have loved to have him in some shape or form. Same with the pelicans, especially Phyllis. I wish they had brought back more NPCs, but I guess that's just me being greedy hehe.

I wouldn't count Lyle out of the series just yet. Lyle works for HHA, and we just don't see HHA in this game other than HHP, which is a subsidiary where his niece Lottie works.

If Nintendo updates the Amiibos that work in this game, we may be able to summon Lyle and Digby to the Café or HHP and build them homes.

Digby felt like a non-entity in NL tbh. I imagine Lottie is kind of replacing Lyle in AC games now, as we probably never really needed both of them at the same time and maybe they wanted to bring more female NPC's in, though off the top of my head there's quite a decent balance of male/female NPC's already. Lottie would be more appropriate for this DLC given that it's essentially HHD for NH.

Feel like they could've at least been in the background of HHP working on computers or something......bit of a waste

Whoah, Redd has tons of cousins he hangs out with!
I mean yeah, then again his cousins only stay with him for like a moment (and there's also not guarantee that every cousin likes him because of his shady business). What I mean with a friend is someone who would be on his side for a longer period, like working and hanging out together with him since Redd is most of the time alone. Lyle would have fit in the role as a friend imo.

I mean yeah, then again his cousins only stay with him for like a moment (and there's also not guarantee that every cousin likes him because of his shady business). What I mean with a friend is someone who would be on his side for a longer period, like working and hanging out together with him since Redd is most of the time alone. Lyle would have fit in the role as a friend imo.

I know, I was only kidding around :giggle:

I will always miss Lyle. His dialogue was hilarious.
Right? Everyone always comments they don't miss him, but I loved his evaluations and what he had to say about my rooms. His dialogue was awesome. He gave the HHA grading committee character and charm which is severely lacking in NH's version.

i think there's always a chance Lyle will slide his way into HHP somehow, but either way i'm personally not too fussed if he doesn't make a return. digby, however, i absolutely adore and i'll be upset if he doesn't make an appearance at any point

well at least we'll be able to design their homes thanks to their amiibo cards. probably can have coffee with them too

digby is handsome why you wont add him nintendo? 😡

i guess digby and lyle were killed by tom nook because they have over debt and because lottie and isabelle cares about digby and lyle so much they work for tom nook so day by day the loan decrease by one penny. but tom nook shows no mercy so they killed both digby and lyle and get their insurance money. isabelle and lottie were surprised and in shock but tom nook keep asking them to over work and they only get paid one cent per month. they dont even get a rest! tom nook vision is to be the richest man in the world and own a huge company.

jk tho, i love tom nook haha he is cute! (im being serious)

Digby is now Lottie's househusband and stays on the mainland taking care of their otter puppies. He video chats with her and Isabelle often.
Lyle retired from the real estate business and is back at selling insurance... Out of the country. Under a new name.

It is still not known if NPCs not currently in the game can be amiibo’d in at the Roost. That is one way to see them, albeit not the best.

I was playing Happy Home Designer on the 3DS recently and come to find out it was Lottie, Tom Nook, Lyle and Digby who were the NPCs that introduced you into the game. It was really strange how they never even mentioned Lyle or Digby in the AC Direct. I felt bad for them because they were the ones that have been around with the Happy Home Academy for the longest time and to see them not return in Happy Home Paradise is really shocking that they still haven't returned. Don't get me wrong I like the new NPCs, but still it just feels weird that Lyle and Digby are not there.

i'm personally indifferent to digby but liked lyle -- no particular reason, it's probably just from my WW days. replacing them seems kind of "meh" to me, especially since they were in this DLC's predecessor, HHD. even just having them sat in the back or upstairs typing and working on the more administrative side of the business would've been a nice touch imo, and you could go talk to them in the same way you can sable. some people might consider that pointless, but i think it makes games like these feel more "lived in" and adds to the charm -- it feels like the world is actually populated, y'know, and as though you're a part of it as opposed to someone essentially playing god.

hopefully they'll make some cameos or at least get a mention? would be nice if you could "upgrade" the main building after designing x amount of houses, and they come by to help with the increased paperwork. or maybe they stop by for a scripted vacation/break, and you have to design them a room/building too. idk.

i'm personally indifferent to digby but liked lyle -- no particular reason, it's probably just from my WW days. replacing them seems kind of "meh" to me, especially since they were in this DLC's predecessor, HHD. even just having them sat in the back or upstairs typing and working on the more administrative side of the business would've been a nice touch imo, and you could go talk to them in the same way you can sable. some people might consider that pointless, but i think it makes games like these feel more "lived in" and adds to the charm -- it feels like the world is actually populated, y'know, and as though you're a part of it as opposed to someone essentially playing god.

hopefully they'll make some cameos or at least get a mention? would be nice if you could "upgrade" the main building after designing x amount of houses, and they come by to help with the increased paperwork. or maybe they stop by for a scripted vacation/break, and you have to design them a room/building too. idk.
There was a rare occasion in Isabelle's announcements where she would say "her brother" called her. That was the only time Digby was mentioned in New Horizons.

It is still not known if NPCs not currently in the game can be amiibo’d in at the Roost. That is one way to see them, albeit not the best.
Trying the 22 Amiibo NPCs not announced for New Horizons at Photopia when the update drops will be the quickest way to see if they’ve been added in some capacity, even if just for HHP, as I bet the Roost won’t be open on day one of the new update. If they are able to spawn, they’re somewhere in the game.

Back