Whatever happened to Digby and Lyle?

Digby is a pretty cute character, so it's a shame he might not be making it back. I'd also like to meet Gracie and maybe Dr. Shrunk as well. It'd be nice if they at least through in their models with a little dialogue (can just assign them Smug/Snooty/whatever even) to cover us designing homes for them and inviting them for drinks if we have their cards or figures.

yeah, i think the old characters were removed because some players thought they weren't cute and definitely not as the newer ones... or probably to attract new players :(
new horizons is getting so advanced that it almost feels like it's a completely new series. it doesn't resemble the old games. the way people play it is different too. maybe it's just me but i don't remember people getting "burn out" from AC:NL or spending hundreds of dollars to get a cat wearing glasses. they're trying to make it seem cute for new players but to me it feels shady and not the same

wow that was not on topic at all sorry :,)

I prefer Digby to Lyle, so much. New Horizons itself feels like it’s own game compared to other Animal Crossing games.

This is my first Animal Crossing game, so I didn't know who these were at first, but Digby is adorable...they should definitely sneak him in. 😭

If you have their card or amiibo figure you can see them in HHP. Im thinking of building Digby's house and inviting Isabelle.

This is my first Animal Crossing game, so I didn't know who these were at first, but Digby is adorable...they should definitely sneak him in. 😭
To quote from the Animal Crossing Wiki:

"Lyle (ホンマさん, Honma-san?) is the insurance agent that appears in games from Wild World onward. He works as an insurance agent in Wild World, selling insurance and giving refunds on forged paintings and other misfortunes. In City Folk, he works for the Happy Room Academy. In New Leaf, he works for the Happy Home Academy. In Happy Home Designer, he and his niece Lottie now work for Nook's Homes. In Pocket Camp, he once again returns to working for the HHA, but this time as a Happy Homeroom Judge."

"Digby (ケント, Kento?) is a dog who is in charge of the Happy Home Showcase in New Leaf, and is the younger twin brother of Isabelle. He can be seen standing at the Showcase's entrance all day long. He also makes a return in New Horizons as part of Happy Home Paradise, or can be invited with his amiibo to The Roost."

Honestly I kinda miss getting harassed by weirdos like Lyle. I hope they bring them back in the future. Maybe Lyle can partake in some Bitcoin scamming next time! :p

They went the way of Gracie, Porter, Katie, Blanca, Booker, Copper, Farley, Wendell and so many more…. RIP

They went the way of Gracie, Porter, Katie, Blanca, Booker, Copper, Farley, Wendell and so many more…. RIP
I really hope in the next AC game they would try and at least give most of these NPC villagers a new role because to me they just seem so forgotten in this game. The thing is they weren't added until the 2.0 update so I just don't get why they waited so long to add them in. It always rubbed me the wrong me considering they were in every other AC game.

Back