• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's become of Katrina?...

froggy27

Moustache Cattington :3
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
We've only seen Katrina, like, once maybe throughout all the videos. I'm not actually that excited about all her usual stuff (in fact she creeps me out) but I was wondering if those fortune cookies come from her?!
They could be a cheap alternative to her usual hokus pocus-y tricks- you can buy a fortune cookie, eat it and there'll be a note with something written on it, could be a bad thing like a forcast for bad weather or something really cool like all your trees bloom early, or all your flowers get watered.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Tbh I never really bothered with her on city folk because I never actually understood what she meant, she's still in the mall area though I believe.

I didn't notice a building in the mall that could be hers, I don't think she is in that building where the door is blocked by a bin..
So I think (and hope) she is a random visitor again
But hopefully she gets a better use ;) I ignored her in WW/CF after one or two visits

I'd prefer her homeless in the 3ds version because she had bad karma or something.. But too bad, she returned.
I'm not a big fan of Katrina, I tink she doesn't add that much to the game.

I've never been a big fan of her to be honest, she irritated me and I never really went to see her and when I did, she just stole my moneyz! :mad: But interesting point about the fortune cookie, I noticed that too.. I wonder what it could be all about. It was on the table with a piece of candy (presumably for the halloween fun :D) so maybe that little counter is specifically selling items for events and stuff, so maybe the fortune cookie is relevant to an upcoming event/holiday? So many possibilities...

Well the fortune cokies are sold at Nooks, but they could still have a connection to Katrina cause Katrina is back, they should her in a ND a few months ago.

Not sured. Maybe shes back to travelling. But I will miss the observatory and constellations more however.

I never paid much attention to Katrina, honestly. You went in, gave her 100 bells, she mumbled a few words, you get hit in the the head by a falling object. Not a must-have for the new game for me.

She's probably back to travelling, along with Redd, and probably Gracie. That makes me happy. Gives you more of a reason to play every day.

Like AC Gamecube. ;)

She's probably back to travelling, along with Redd, and probably Gracie. That makes me happy. Gives you more of a reason to play every day.

Like AC Gamecube. ;)

I think Redd owns that shop behind the trashcan, but if he has that little stall at the firework show, then maybe he really is traveling. Gracie probably is as well, I wonder what she will require us to do this time around.

I think Redd owns that shop behind the trashcan, but if he has that little stall at the firework show, then maybe he really is traveling. Gracie probably is as well, I wonder what she will require us to do this time around.

I don't think Redd will own a shop in this game. We have a good number of new shops to take his place as well.

If you ever played ACGC, Redd will set up a stall on holidays (fireworks show for example) and sell things like Phineas does at the city; pinwheels, balloons, etc. I think this will be the case in AC3DS.

I don't think Redd owns that shop, his pictures been released and it doesnt look like he's there;
jghfdgd.png

anyway, I've always liked Katrina, but I've never had much use for her. In CF, whenever I went to the city on Wednesday (because Redd got new stock that day so that was the only day I'd go) - I'd go and get her read my fortune, even thought I didnt understand her, it was something to do - and i'd get my monthly charm at the start of the month.

IMO, in that early trailer, her room looked bigger, so I'm pretty sure she has a new feature or something. I doubt they'd expand a shop of a character that does crap all. Really hope she does have a bigger role.

Doubt the F. Cookies have anything to do with her, but they could.

It'd be fun to do a mini-game with her to determine your fortune. In City Folk, didn't she use your birthdate to determine your luck? Such as getting more bells easily?

My mom had terrible luck in the GCN version. Always tripping lol

Well the fortune cokies are sold at Nooks, but they could still have a connection to Katrina cause Katrina is back, they should her in a ND a few months ago.

Oh, I didn't realise they were sold at Nook's. lol, maybe she's not even coming back? TBH, I wouldn't actually mind that much.

I was just reading some stuff on the GC version, and there were those grab bags on sale day or w/e - maybe the fortune cookies are like those, and they just give you something random.

While we're on the topic of stuff from the Gamecube game: Bring back the Tom Nook raffles Nintendo!

Just googled this, looks like a neat feature. But Tom Nook has the house customization or w/e it's called.

Maybe it returns to someone who isn't Nook; or instead you win the customization items, and first prize gives you the full set? donno seems kinda easy but those customization things are expensive so it could be a good idea

Raffles would make me very happy.

Also, just throwing this out, Redd owned a tent like that and wore that outfit in the animated AC movie.

Well, in the background of the twitter page you can see all the characters returning. I also wondered about Katrina or Gulliver but they seem to be returning.

20c333f34750b2896f631deed02663d2.jpeg

I wasn't sure Phineas was returning either since the people you street pass with give you pinwheels, etc.

Oh and Wendell appears to be wearing a sleeping outfit in the picture, maybe he sells patterns in the Dream Mansion.

Last edited:
Back