• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What’s the last game you finished?

So I beat The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask twice recently in two different ways. First way was 100%ing it via the MM randomizer, where I randomized it so that I didn't start with either the Ocarina of Time or Song of Time and ended up spending 6 cycles trying to get both of them just so I could save. Stressful, but fun! It definitely changed the dynamic of the game to go from "try and complete as much as you can in one cycle" to "try and find the two things that let you actually save the game". Second way was vanilla MM via the NSO+EP service, where I did a low% glitchless run. It was honestly the hardest run I've ever done of MM, where I ended up struggling on Gyorg (8 attempts), Twinmold (3 attempts), and then Majora (dozens of attempts, several hours to actually beat them). That said, it was nice for a change given that I usually do pick up everything I can (which, in turn, makes the game easier), and it made beating Majora much, much more rewarding this time around.

I just finished the campaign for Halo Infinite. I kinda wish I hadn't rushed through it as much, but I did really enjoy the story.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land! I hope that game gets the Game of the Year Award!

Just finished the Minecraft Dungeons DLC single-player storyline! It was a fun little dungeon crawler, cute story, and god was it pretty even with Minecraft's signature blockiness. I really liked the soundtrack too, so I might look into getting that in the future. There's definitely still plenty to do if I ever feel like coming back to it, but for now I'm happy with having cleared all the levels on Default difficulty.

I finished the main story and all of the side quests on Atelier Ryza. I wish I played this before the sequel. It’s decent on its own, but Atelier Ryza 2 is just the better game.

Hard to say, I haven't been playing games that have a sort of end. I suppose the last game I finished was Majora's Mask 3D, which was back in January 2021... I should really start playing Zelda more often. XD

Reactions: Neb
I just beat Kirby Star Allies today. 5 hours of gameplay and I'm not some heavy duty gamer. Rip. Cute game though, just wish it was longer. Glad I got it on sale because it is nowhere near worth $90CAD.

The final boss fight was just boring too. Basically a button masher. There were times where I didn't even move my character for a good ten seconds and the boss just sat there staring at me without attacking. Like what? I know it's a Kirby game but it was the easiest boss yet imo. Also Triple Deluxe had this same issue but I hate bosses that just come back, forcing you to fight it five more times in a row. It's just soooo boring for me.
I do have to say that the final boss *****ing out and saying all these random lines over and over all fast was creepy. I liked that as well as his theme.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I don't know why I haven't been playing this game before but I finished the trilogy in two weeks about a month ago. It was breathtakingly good and I cannot recommend it enough. I am now a fan and I want more! I can't wait for the next installment.

I finished the indie game Sephonie. It’s not my favorite game from the developer’s, but it still had great writing. I hope they make a sequel or spiritual successor that irons out the game’s flaws (namely the wonky physics).

The Smurfs Mission Vileaf. Cute game, if a bit too easy (especially when comparing it to the SNES/MegaDrive/MegaCD/DOS/'every other console of that era' game).

My only disappointment is that 100% completion awards you absolutely nothing on the Switch, meaning you can basically run through the entire game and not even bother to pick up one item if you don't want to. I guess if I were playing on the PS4, I'd have gotten a trophy for it, at least.

i have no idea {don't play alot of games aside from New Leaf} but i would guess Mario 3, which was like a year ago xD

I beat guilty party for the wii yesterday. A cute and silly little "whodunit" party game. Although a side effect is the (admittedly awesome) theme song will be stuck in my head for the next 2-3 business weeks🤣

I completed Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani today after 60+ hours! I did force-skip through the bad ends though. I really adored this game—it's a fun slice-of-life/supernatural otome, with a ton of very likeable and interesting characters, and some very nice friendship vibes all around. I'm definitely someone who prefers my otome on the milder side (indeed, the review that convinced me to get it described it as "an otome without landmines"), so this felt game felt right up my alley. There's a lot of fun/interesting historical and mythological references too, and I feel like I learned quite a few things from playing this one! The soundtrack is really good too.
The only problems I had with the game were no Etsuya route the CG quality being a bit hit-or-miss—certainly none of it's bad by any means though, some of the art is just noticeably that much better—and, most unfortunately, an incredibly lazy localization job by Aksys. I'm not someone who's bothered by a few typos here and there, but the game is sadly riddled with typos, errors, inconsistencies, and several outright mistranslations. More than once it felt like the translation was going off the script alone, with none of the audio or visual context.
I'm holding out hope that Dairoku will get a fandisc eventually, though I'm not sure how likely that is. While I think it wrapped things up nicely enough, there's still plenty that a second game could explore. Some of the coolest parts don't happen until the very end of certain routes, without much time to actually do anything with them. ;v; Most of the romance occurs pretty late in the routes, too, so I feel like it'd really benefit from some after-stories. Mainly, I just want more time with my faves, ahahaha.

Last week I finished playing Wandersong, which I really enjoyed. It's a short game, and pretty easy, but very funny and cute, and reminds me in different ways of Drawn to Life, and undertale.

I have a really bad tendency to not finish games that I start, even replays of ones I'd consider my favorites. Despite starting so many games over the last couple years, the only ones I actually finished were Mario Kart 8 DX (3 stars all cups right after the first wave of the new DLC released), Pokemon Platinum (only through the Pokemon League, there is still story left), and Majora's Mask on Wii Virtual Console.

Back