• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your hair type/texture?

What type of hair do you have?

• Straight

Votes: 70 52.6%
  • Wavy

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Curly

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Kinky

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I'm bald

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
i have type 3c/4a hair, kinda the grey area between curly and kinky? i guess? since i started swimming the chlorine has kinda ruined it and also water makes it shrink (yay).
also its t h i c c as hell lol

My hair is frizzy with some wavyness. Idk if it means anything but I shed more hair than the average person. It also gets flat really quickly, that might be because I don't maintain it.

Last edited:
Straight and pretty rough. I get dandruff really badly, I have to shower twice a day if I want to be totally rid of it.

Wavy and thick, both of which I inherited from my mother. No matter how long it's cut, I always feel like there's too much of it.

When I was little my hair use to be very thick, black and straight, but then when I got older (teenager) it suddenly became more kinky/wavy. It's since thinned out a tad, and I have learned to manage the dryness and frizziness from the kinky/wavy texture.

Straight and flat all the time. Im trying to add volume but it all seems futile

Straight and silky/slick? It gets slick and flat in humidity. I have to use multiple hairties because it's long and smooth and one hair tie would slip off because of the texture and the weight of my hair.

Curly. Heavily curly. Like, it looks nice if it’s layered but otherwise my hair is like my username. We have no idea whether or not it comes from my dad or my mom (my dad has REALLY tight curls when he doesn’t shave but my mom insists that my hair texture is closer to her side of the family)

Last edited:
My hair is pin-straight. I once had a professional perm (years ago), and the curl completely fell out after 2 weeks. It's thick, but very fine, and doesn't like to hold clips or barrettes.

I've always had very thick wavy/curly hair, and i finally cut it short at the beginning of the year which was a good decision. Now its more curly and it doesn't give me headaches anymore

My hair is super thick! You wouldn’t think it by looking at me, but I have the thickest head of hair that most people have seen. Hairdressers always compliment me (or complain) about it. If I sleep with it slight wet it becomes wavy, but it’s fairly straight most of the time. It does really well it’s braids but horribly with ponytails, they always slide down my head! I’m tempted to cut it to my shoulders one day but that might not be such a good idea.

I don't really know the exact texture designation, but I have roughly wavy hair. It's naturally dark brown/black, but I have parts of it bleached so I can have strips of temp color haha.

My hair is naturally wavy but quite thin. When i brush my hair it loses it's waves for a bit and gets so frizzy. And it's sooo greasy :cautious: An hour after i wash it, it looks much better i just wish it would last

I have kind of thick, wavy hair. Honestly I don't really do much to my hair besides basic care but people are always complimenting it and asking me what my secret is but I seriously just shampoo, condition, and occasionally fortify it.

My hair is around 3a. Not super curly, but can become really dry fast and frizzy. I would have people touch my hair and it was weird, but a girl in 6th grade said my hair looked like a rat’s nest.

Back