• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When AC3DS is released in Japan, will you...

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
When it's released, will you continue to look at all the information that will be posted. Like if Japanese players upload blogs or videos on youtube of them playing?

I don't think I will. I think that if I see everything about the game then it'll ruin it when I come to play it, some things need to be kept secret so it's a surprise for me. I remember watching loads of gamecube videos and then I played it on a emulator and it just wasn't the same because I knew what was coming.

What are you guys gonna do?

I'll probably watch quite a bit of it :) For me, knowing what's coming is part of the fun in a game like AC. I mean, I like having guides or books with them, so it's like getting a sneak peak of the book, for me :D If they had a book for AC, I'd be flipping through it constantly! :D It doesn't take away from my fun of actually playing and making AC my own.

I'll probably watch quite a bit of it :) For me, knowing what's coming is part of the fun in a game like AC. I mean, I like having guides or books with them, so it's like getting a sneak peak of the book, for me :D If they had a book for AC, I'd be flipping through it constantly! :D It doesn't take away from my fun of actually playing and making AC my own.

Yeah I see what you mean. It's going to be a real struggle to keep away from the forums and the blogs to be honest because I'll be dying to know more and more xD

I am not going to watch any video showing like the whole introduction thing, but I will be watching town tours, wifi things, island stuff, just not the beginning part, and not fishing, bug catching videos.

I will be watching for stuff like face styles and how you choose them, closer look at Able Sister's and such... basically stuff about customization. But I will try not to spoil myself too much!

I know me, and I know I can not resist once there are tons of videos ;)
But for me this doesn't take away the fun from AC, too.. It would be different with games like Zelda though

I'll do face guides and whatnot, but nothing else.

I'll avoid the forums after a US release date is confirmed. I'll avoid everything.

I am not going to watch any video showing like the whole introduction thing, but I will be watching town tours, wifi things, island stuff, just not the beginning part, and not fishing, bug catching videos.

this is what ill be doing 6.^
i dont think animal crossing is a game that can be spoiled if you learn a lot about it before hand lol
and im excited to see about things like the flowers and fruit and hybrids and all that XD

I'm not going to watch gameplay videos, but I'm definitely going to read about the actual mechanics of the games. I want to know all the furniture, and all the new content so that I can play the game more efficiently. Animal Crossing is one of those games that you can't spoil a whole lot, so you might as well treat yourself to a guide.

I'm not going to watch gameplay videos, but I'm definitely going to read about the actual mechanics of the games. I want to know all the furniture, and all the new content so that I can play the game more efficiently. Animal Crossing is one of those games that you can't spoil a whole lot, so you might as well treat yourself to a guide.

lol yep yep XD
ill probly buy a guide for it too XD
so i can know the fish and insects and holidays XD

I haven't watched ANY videos on AC3DS except for the occasional Japaneses "flyers" I want my jaw to hit the floor when I play it for the first time. I wish AC wasn't so heavily text'd based, I'd get a Japanese copy.

I will be watching for stuff like face styles and how you choose them, closer look at Able Sister's and such... basically stuff about customization. But I will try not to spoil myself too much!
Haha that is what I will be doing. Just so I can figure out how I want to design my town, and what kind of face I will be aiming for.

I haven't watched ANY videos on AC3DS except for the occasional Japaneses "flyers" I want my jaw to hit the floor when I play it for the first time. I wish AC wasn't so heavily text'd based, I'd get a Japanese copy.

I wish I had your willpower, from what I've seen you're gonna be really impressed :D Jaw-dropping stuff :')

After November 8th I go into blackout mode. (Excluding release date, but that'll be announced on the non-AC gaming news sites I visit.) The only exception will be a face guide once I get the game when it comes out for the US. Then I'll continue to avoid everything for awhile longer.

My logic? I only want to know what the developers intend for us to know before release. Everything else is spoilers for me.

It will be difficult not to go onto any of the forums, but I'm hoping the release of Paper Mario in the States on the 11th will help.

Good luck to you guys who are going to try and not look at any of the information that comes out.

I'm not bothered by the information, I'm excited for the game and I'm going to try and figure out as much about it as I can.

I would also chose to watch - but I have the JPN version preordered so I'm hoping to film some of my gameplay as I go along if others would wanna see it ^^

Back