• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Whether To Get The ACNL 3DS Or Not...

1. The 3DS XL is not flimsy, infact, it's actually pretty sturdy. The 3DS XL was a big improvement from the actual 3DS and it's changed so much with sturdiness etc, etc.

2. It's sad that your cousin would bully you like that and treat you like that, but if you like the New Leaf XL, then I suggest getting it before it's sold out or something. I've pre-ordered it, because I love it. Honestly, he has to accept you for who you are. He can't control what you can and can't like.

3. My hands are quite small too, but my hands actually fit round it. ;)

Good luck!

OMGGGG. Now i'm unsure again ;~;
My friend said data from other games like Mario Kart is on the sd card of your 3DS, is the data not saved on the actual game card??

oh and what if my ac:nl xl bundle breaks and I can't turn it on, so I can't do a system transfer. can i just put my sd card into another 3DS and my AC:NL data will be saved?

OMGGGG. Now i'm unsure again ;~;
My friend said data from other games like Mario Kart is on the sd card of your 3DS, is the data not saved on the actual game card??

Well yes, it is on the SD Card, but I don't think that's really a bad thing...:confused:

oh and what if my ac:nl xl bundle breaks and I can't turn it on, so I can't do a system transfer. can i just put my sd card into another 3DS and my AC:NL data will be saved?

I'm pretty sure nothing would be gone. Just send it to Nintendo and they'll fix it! As long as your SD card is not damaged, just redownload it and all your data from the last save point will be there! (I wouldn't put the SD Card in to a different 3DS though, it could screw things up. Just have Nintendo fix the special edition AC one)

Wait did that make sense? :/

It did :)

Alright well as for the xl, I've had mine for months now and I have no issues, I think its rather durable as long as you aren't dropping it. Also I have small hands as well.. small for a GIRL, even, and it fits me just fine. If your too worried, find an xl thats out as a demo in gamestop or whatever and try it out.

As for your cousin.. I know this may sound cliche', but why do you care? You obviously want the acxl, so go for it. Douchebags will be douchebags no matter what you do, so why not do what you want anyway? I have an ass of an older brother, he wasn't always like this, but I sure won't take his **** for anything. He picks on our younger brother so much over stupid things, so I give him a call every now and then to tell him to grow the hell up and find something better to do than to make others feel like crap just so he can feel like a big man.

:)

Also more to add about sd cards, just back it up on your computer every now and then as well, to be safe.

Well yes, it is on the SD Card, but I don't think that's really a bad thing...:confused:

I'm pretty sure nothing would be gone. Just send it to Nintendo and they'll fix it! As long as your SD card is not damaged, just redownload it and all your data from the last save point will be there! (I wouldn't put the SD Card in to a different 3DS though, it could screw things up. Just have Nintendo fix the special edition AC one)

It did :)

It is a bad thing because If i get the new ac:nl bundle, all my data from other games will be lost as well! :(

You can back up the files from your SD Card to the computer if you're worried about losing saved data.

It seems you're finding excuses to put yourself in paranoia. The XL will work the same as any other 3DS. Such problems shouldn't arise as long as you're extra careful in handling the console. Think positive. lol

I have to agree with Peoki, I think we can all tell you want the bundle and are just getting anxious. Don't over think things (trust me, I have serious issues with doing that!) and you'll enjoy yourself more.

I hope you end up making the right decision :) Good luck!

2. Secondly, and this is the big reason. Ok, so my cousin is what you will call... well... a douchebag. He is mean, violent, horrible and ignorant. But I still love him. The thing is, if I really do get this 3ds, I'm scared he will call me names he has called me in the past for having a pink camera. Stuff like 'gay' 'homofag' '*****' and all of them other insults, that aren't really insults. (Gay for example; idiot kids these days use the term 'gay' as an insult, but we are not talking about stupid swagfags here xD) Anyway I'm loosing the point here. I'm saying, if I get the 3ds XL, I'm worried if when he finds out, he'll start calling me them names all over again, I hated it so much I actually did things I so deeply regret. Last time I got a pink camera, he told the whole school, which may or may not be the reason I get bullied but I'm not bothered about that anyway... its just I think I finally got round to him, he hasn't called me names for about 1 year now. And I actually am starting to think he likes me, will getting this 'girly' style 3DS make him find a weakness to me again??

Aww, someone needs a hug! I feel sorry for you. Does it bother you that much? Don't let him get to you. Also, you must be a very loving person to still try to love him.

It is a bad thing because If i get the new ac:nl bundle, all my data from other games will be lost as well! :(

Just do a system transfer and all save data will transfer over! I've done it before, it works!! :)

But if I do a system transfer then I will loose the Animal Crossing New Leaf that comes with it :(

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm doing a system transfer from my old 3DS to the AC one. While AC may dissapear, you are able to download it again free of charge :)

Yup :) I promise :D

You are right. I had a regular 3ds, and bought a XL with Mk7 pre-installed. I did the system transfer, and Mk7 was gone from the home screen. All I simply had to do was go to the Eshop, look at my previously purchased games, and Mk7 was in their. Then I re-downloaded it for free.

Back