• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Which store should I buy New Leaf from??

Yellowfin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Need to start planning for next weekend!

I already know that I want to buy the physical copy. The question is, however, from where?!

GameStop opens at 11 AM on Sunday... BestBuy opens at 11 AM as well...

Target opens at 8 AM.

Super Walmart, however, is open 24/7 here. Theoretically, they should start selling the game Saturday night at midnight, right?!

What to do, what to do! Help me decide! Which store are YOU buying the game from?? :cool:

Last edited:
Super Walmart is a nice option, since they stay open 24/7 and they restock through the night, while your still there. I dont know if the game/electronic section's staff works the night shift though. You run the risk of seeing employees stock the game, but unable to open the thing to buy it. Plus who knows when they will ACTUALLY restock the game (midnight or not). You should ask the store. Gamestop might have only ordered copies of those preordered where you live (happens in small towns), so you might luck out, making it not a very good choice. Its up to you really

I heard nintendo was being kind of strict about how many physical copies were being distributed. If you can you should pre-order from wherever you choose so you know you have a copy on reserve.

I don't know... I think the Walmart idea is good but knowing my luck I'll sit around until midnight, the game won't actually get stocked until 1:30 AM, I finally buy it, back home at 2 AM, and I'll be too tired to actually play it because I want to reset over and over until I get the "best" town layout.

Or I could just get sleep Saturday and go for an early start Sunday at Target or Walmart...

Walmart is usually the best place to go. I like to go to best buy more offten since they price match now. so you can get the walmart price aaaand get rewards points towards other games/ eShop money. I personally am downloading it though...

I don't know... I think the Walmart idea is good but knowing my luck I'll sit around until midnight, the game won't actually get stocked until 1:30 AM

Walmart is your best bet. Since they're always opened. And if the game isn't out on the shelf yet, all you have to do is ask them. If they have it in stock then they'll most likely get a copy for you from the back. I used to work there and people would come in all the time to pick games up at midnight.

If not Walmart, then Target.

Nintendo is only releasing physical copies to match pre-orders for the first week. If you want a physical copy I would pre-order at Wal Mart, and when you go up there, ask the person in the electronics department to check the back for you, because they can start selling them at 12:01AM June 9th.

I think you should go to Wal-Mart, since it's open at 12. Ask for someone to get it for you from the back! I'm sure someone would be happy to get it for you. c:

I personally have my copy pre-ordered from Bestbuy (but since the game comes out on Sunday, and they don't ship it till Monday...so I won't be getting it till Tuesday at the earliest...)

Nintendo is only releasing physical copies to match pre-orders for the first week. If you want a physical copy I would pre-order at Wal Mart, and when you go up there, ask the person in the electronics department to check the back for you, because they can start selling them at 12:01AM June 9th.

Are you sure? I have a hard time believing that a retail store won't stock their shelves adequately. Where did you get this information from?

It's because Nintendo is trying to push up digital sales, along with Sony and Microsoft. But yeah, best bet is Walmart. GameStop is supposedly only selling preordered hard copies and nothing else, but GameStop aren't exactly known for giving out right info

I pre-ordered from GameStop, but Walmart is your best bet if you want it at midnight. Kind of regretting not going with Walmart now haha.

Are you sure? I have a hard time believing that a retail store won't stock their shelves adequately. Where did you get this information from?

I heard it from my room mate who works at gamestop. I'm sure they get the same information a walmart's electronics department would receive.

I believe this gamestop thing is true, as I live nearby 3, and all of them told me the same thing: we're only going to have copies for preorders.

I heard it from my room mate who works at gamestop. I'm sure they get the same information a walmart's electronics department would receive.

Hm. I'm not sure if you can preorder at Walmart though. Online, yes, but I don't think in-store.

I may just go at midnight...

Hm. I'm not sure if you can preorder at Walmart though. Online, yes, but I don't think in-store.

I may just go at midnight...

I pre-ordered pokemon black and white in store. Just go there and ask. Or just select in store pickup instead of ship to.

He's right. They can start selling them once release date hits. So 12:01.
and I doubt they'll have any out on the shelves until later in the day when the morning shift person comes in to do that. So asking them to get it for you from the back would be your best bet.

My boyfriend is taking me to Walmart at midnight to get the game because he caters to my craziness :p I plan on just asking the electronics associate to get a copy from the back because they won't have copies out on the floor yet. The only negative is that you can't preorder to pick up in the store at midnight. The Site to Store place isn't open until later in the day on Sunday. So technically, your copy won't be guaranteed if you do what I'm doing. Everyone's different, so go with what works best for you!

Back