• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Who are the best (and worst) elephant villagers and why? 🐘

Best villager?

• Axel

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Chai

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Big Top

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Opal

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Margie

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Cyd

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Tia

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Dizzy

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Paolo

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Ellie

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • Eloise

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
I love Ellie. She was one of my first villagers in ACNH. She is adorable and so sweet and friendly to everyone. She also is the cutest elephant imo, even with her simple design. I do love Tia too though. She's also a sweetheart and I love her teacup design.

I like most of the elephants actually. I guess I would have to pick Axel as my least favorite. His smile just creeps me out.

Opal was in my wild world town and I liked her a lot. I’m not that into most of the elephants. They’re okay.

Best: Tia, Cyd and TUCKER!!!!

Tia: I love her teapot theme. She was in my fairytale town at one point.

Cyd: Not biased just because he's "new" , I just really like his design.

TUCKER: Who isn't on this list....has one of the best elephant villager themes..a wooly mammoth! I wish they added more prehistoric villagers so my bud can have some friends.

Worst: Big Top?

I don't dislike any elephants but if I had to choose it would be Big Top. Other than Kid Cat I dislike the superhero themed villagers.

Oh my goodness, the elephants a whole are just super cute! I immediately voted for Tia because she's my favourite and one of the only elephants I've had but I looked up a list and like... they're all super cute?? Usually there's a handful of villagers I don't like from a species but I think they did a really lovely job with the elephants.

Obviously Tia is the best girl in my opinion but I also think that Chai looks adorable (I need Tia & Chai together 🥺 ), Ellie and Margie both look like total sweethearts, and Dizzy is so, so cute!

The few villagers I don't super love are Tucker, Paolo, and Axel but honestly they all have their own little charms. I feel like if any of them were to randomly move into my town I'd probably grow to like them. I can't tell if I love or hate Paolo's little eye brows, honestly 😂

Tia is just too cute with her teapot theme.

Dizzy, Margie, Chai, and Ellie are all great too. I like most of the elephant villagers.

Least favorite... maybe Cyd or Big Top.

i like chai the best! her design is so unique and cute! i probably like poalo and big top the least, something about poalo’s look is just off, and i don’t like big top’s personality

I wouldn't say I dislike any of the elephant designs--I like the elephants as a species too much, to use a phrase I've picked up recently they're "shaped like a friend". Very cute base design~

That said, Axel and Dizzy don't make much of an impression beyond being basic, cute cartoon elephants. Paolo as well, though having seen some of the other villagers with the same big rectangle 'brows, he doesn't look too bad.

Big Top has a very niche design. I'm not a huge fan of the sentai themed villagers myself, but I'd prefer him over Agent S. I love the idea of a mammoth themed villager (I wonder if Tucker ever visits the fossil wing of the museum...) and his tusks are very cool, but I don't really like the expression of Tucker's eyes.

Opal's design is again, a little basic, but fine. Ellie to me looks a lot like Maple, so while her design is also pretty basic, it works and her slightly worried facial expression is endearing.

Eloise I prefer over Opal for some reason. They've both got the front-hair and eyelashes, but I guess I like Eloise's colors better, and to me she seems mischievous. Margie has a bolder color scheme, fitting for a 'circus elephant' motif, and it makes it seem like she has a more bombastic personality. Tia is a teapot, so I can't help but like her!

Chai is also associated with tea, but I think I like her over Tia...I just think it's funny to imagine her balancing a teacup on her head all day long, or to think that maybe she's completely unaware of it. And her color is very cute. Cyd is a villager I'm determined to host at some point! I overlooked him when New Horizons came out, but the more I look at his design the more I appreciate the little details. I like his asymmetrical mohawk, his eye expression, his cocky smile, and his distinctive green-painted nails! So for me, Cyd is the favorite <3

I've always liked Dizzy's generic elephant appearance plus he's a lazy.I also like Eloise because yellowphants are my thing.Too bad there's not a lot of love for Paolo the Pepto pink pachyderm.He's not such a bad guy....he's kind of like a Peeps version of Dizzy.

When I had Paolo on my island, I didn't like him at all. I don't like the way his eyebrows are drawn. (Ditto for Truffles.) Dizzy seems cute and I'd like to have him on an island at some point. I also plan to eventually make a superhero island, and I'll have Big Top then.

I had Tia on my fairytale island and while I like her a lot, it was annoying that whenever I would visit her to give her a present, she would sit down right as I was rushing over to her. Ugh. I finally did get her photo though.

Ellie and Margie are my favorites. I found Ellie on a mystery island and Margie came to my campsite. They are both so adorable! And I love Ellie's house. It's so peaceful. And Margie's house has a great looking exterior.

Elephants are so cute in this game! I love almost all of them so it will be for me very difficult to choose my favorites! I'll just make a little list of who I like and why, it's more simple haha
1. Chai. So good she will come back! I don't know if I'll take her or Etoile however. I always loved the little cup of tea on her head and these pastel colours are the cutest!
(actually seen she's peppy: nice! I'll take these two villagers then)
2. Cyd, I love him! I felt in love with his design. I know most people don't really like him, at least he's I think the least prefered in the list of the new villagers. Good colour, I love his face and cranky. This is the best!
3. Ellie. Nothing to say, she's just super super cute! Her brown colour is perfect and suits her really nicely and she's normal, which is a really cute character for villagers!
4. Tia, same as before, really nice look and pretty cute!

Axel, Tucker and Paolo are surely the ones I dislike the most and I don't hate them. Poor choice of colour, Axel's mouth make me feel unconfortable...

I love the elephant villagers, they're just so adorable and full of love😆

I had Big Top in New Leaf for a long time, so I've definitely got a bias towards him. He's got an interesting design and he's probably my favorite of the superhero villagers. I also had Eloise for a while, she's so lovely and yellow is my favorite color so obviously I'm partial to her design. In my opinion she's criminally underrated, and I've seen quite a bit of hate for her during my time in this fandom. I also love Ellie's design, despite never having her in my town/island in any game. Margie is also a favorite of mine since I had her in the early days of New Leaf and she was a main character in the AC movie. I've never had Tia and personally have always found her quite overrated, but I'm planning on moving her onto my new island soon. It has a princess/whimsical theme, so I think a teapot elephant would fit right in.

As for the worst elephant villagers... I don't know. I really love the elephants, to be honest! I'm gonna say Axel just because he has kind of a crazy look in his eyes.

I have to be on team Ellie 😍 I I have had Tia before and although sweet she just would never be permanent. Found Ellie on a mystery island and thought I would take a chance as she looked cute and I thought would be a good villager. Can’t let her go now as she is adorable. Still won’t give me her picture and it’s been nearly a year 🥺

My favorite elephants are Tucker and Ellie. I love that Tucker is a mammoth and I think Ellie is very sweet looking. I also like Paolo because he's a pink elephant and reminds me of the trippy song "Pink Elephants on Parade".

I don't really dislike any of the elephants but I don't like Big Top as much because I'm not a big fan of Power Rangers-esque villagers in general because of their permanent helmets.

Chai is the only elephant villager that I really like TvT I find all the other ones kind of boring and ugly.

I have never had an elephant villager. My boyfriend has Tia in his NL town currently, so I see her a lot, though. She's pretty cute, but I don't think that the drum motif that plays when you talk to elephant villagers fits her prim demeanor. That's just one of the reasons why my vote goes to Tucker... or would, if he was on the poll. I love that he's a mammoth, and he just looks very nice.

I don't have a least favorite elephant. The others are all about the same for me. I guess if I had to say anything, it's just a shame that Cyd is a cranky villager. There's no personality type that really fits punk designs, but jock would have been better than cranky.

This is the hardest one yet for me, because I love the elephants! 🐘 I voted for Cyd, just because he's so cool and I've always wanted him on my island ever since I've seen his design. But, I also really like Margie, Tia, Chai, Opal, Dizzy and Axel too... and I don't dislike the rest, just not as much as the others.

Edit: I FORGOT ABOUT TUCKER - I really like him too! And Paolo. Ok, maybe I just love all of them, haha.

Last edited:
Back