• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) horse villagers? 🐴

Best villager?

• Julian

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • Roscoe

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Winnie

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Savannah

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Victoria

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Peaches

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Papi

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Buck

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Annalise

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Reneigh

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Colton

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Ed

• Elmer

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Cleo

• Total voters
i chose julian because he's my number one villager ever! i love the smug villagers and his house in new horizons is really beautiful too.

least favorite is probably ed just because he feels like an off-brand julian to me XD

Ed existed before Julian though lmao

My picks for favorite horse -- probably Julian, Ed or Elmer. I love Elmer because he is a very nostalgic horse for me. Ed wasn't one I had before New Leaf. When I was trying to get Julian through resetting I got Ed, but I was tired of resetting so I stuck with him and he grew on me. Now I have both Julian and Ed. As someone who loves horses IRL, I always had a soft spot for the horse villagers. Annalise is adorable too though. If I could have a second island I'd have her and Elmer for sure. I have to make sure I don't have too many of the same species which Isi hard haha cuz I love the horses and cats a lot. I've limited myself to 2 on my island.

Worst, to me, is probably Clyde or Peaches. Their designs are just kinda unattractive to me aesthetically. I'm also not fond of Reneigh.

Julian was my original camper and is currently my longest-tenured villager, so I love him. I also really like Annalise for some reason - her color scheme and the flower in her hair is so aesthetically pleasing. I also like Papi and Cleo a lot, but not as much as Julian or Annalise.

My favorite's Roscoe, he's nice cranky and has been fun to talk to in city folk. His house is cool in every game too! just an all around nice guy.
But my least favorite is Colton. He's actually my least favorite of all the villagers. He keeps moving into my towns uninvited either on top of flowers/items or in front of buildings/bridges, and then he goes on to fight with my other villagers all the time. He's moved in and out 3 times- and each time, he just wouldn't want leave. the longest it's taken for me to move him out has been ~7 months. Lets hope that it was it was the last :|

I like epona because of legend of zelda, but since she’s not on the poll I voted for colton. he’s got that prince charming aesthetic and savannah is not too bad as well. I like her zebra look. I’m not really a fan of any of the other horses, but I guess either elmer, roscoe, or victoria would be my pick for worst horse villagers.

this is... a tough one. i like some of the horses but i don't really have strong feelings about them tbh.

i guess colton, julian, and epona would be my favourites. i love blue, white, and yellow - especially together - and colton and to a lesser extent julian fit into that pretty well. epona just looks nice and of course is the legend of zelda reference. i wish she was in new horizons though.

i really, really, really do not like peaches. like she creeps the hell out of me. if i were to have a nightmare about an animal crossing villager, peaches would be the worst one. why doesn't she have eyes, whose design choice was this and why did they inflict this upon our gazes.

i also don't like buck or clyde, their colours and designs just don't do it for me. i've got an extra grudge against buck 'cause why do i have to share my birthday with this ugly cranky horse smh

This one is a hard one for me...
- I like Julian because he is a unicorn and I like his house interior that is zodiac themed
- I like Savannah because she looks like a zebra
- I like Reneigh because her name has "neigh" in it because horses say "neigh" AND she is an uchi character. Uchi characters are on the rarer side in terms of that personality and the aesthetics of the villagers

I'm a big fan of Peaches. I tend to like the villagers with different eyes. Over all I'm not into the horse villagers much

TIme to update my horses 🐎🐎🐎🦄

BEST: Julian. Its no contest. He is fabulous. He is a unicorn. He has a night sky theme that makes me giggle with fanboyishness. I met Julian in New Leaf. He was a part of the mythical town I had with Drago, Phoebe, Hans, Vesta and a few others. I had him again in New Horizons om my last island and loved him. His theme will never change. Julian...will never change...from being the best horse villager.

WORST: Clyde. I..."discovered" him through HHP. I can honestly say I am not sure what they were thinking with his eyes but Victoria looks so much better than him with her mask.

Roscoe is my favorite. I'm a big fan of The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, and Roscoe is pretty close to Daredevil.

Least favorite...probably Ed if I had to pick, but most of the horses I find pretty tolerable.

I love all the horses. I did think about having an all horse island at one point. My favorites are Buck and Cleo. Buck I have always loved and he has the same name as my brothers dog. Cleo I loved when she was a random move in on one of my islands. I hope to get her back one day.

My favorite's Roscoe, he's nice cranky and has been fun to talk to in city folk. His house is cool in every game too! just an all around nice guy.
But my least favorite is Colton. He's actually my least favorite of all the villagers. He keeps moving into my towns uninvited either on top of flowers/items or in front of buildings/bridges, and then he goes on to fight with my other villagers all the time. He's moved in and out 3 times- and each time, he just wouldn't want leave. the longest it's taken for me to move him out has been ~7 months. Lets hope that it was it was the last :|

I love Roscoe, he gives me major "doom horse" vibes, like Ganon's horse.

I think regular members will be well aware of my favourite horse villager and all-time villager! :ROFLMAO: For newer members, it's my beloved Buck! Ever since I got my island 2 years ago, Buck and Ursala were my starters. I adored Bucky Boy as I sometimes call him and hated Ursala. Buck will never ever leave! It was very funny as last year I started my 3rd island and it ended up he was one of my starters along with Katt. I now have two Bucks. I'm not a huge fan of the colour green, but it drew me towards Buck. Also, I love his passion for fitness as he's a Jock. I also love Roscoe and Elmer. Elmer is the King of my 2nd island. I love his catchphrase, 'tenderfoot'! Plus, who couldn't love Roscoe's eyes when he's angry? :cool:
Edit: I would love to know the other members who voted for Buck!

Last edited:
julian and papi are my personal favorites!! as for least favorites... elmer and clyde. just not a fan

My favourite horse islander is Ed..... I have had him since day one in New Leaf and we became besties.

We also have birthdays with 4 days in-between.

My second favourite horse islander is Buck he has been my day one in New Horizons.

I tend to like all the horses and have had a lot of them on my island.

I like Colton, Reneigh, and Buck the best! Colton for the "prince is a white horse" theming, Buck for being a rare donkey villager (donkeys are wonderful creatures and so thoroughly underrepresented), and Reneigh is super cool. I love her color scheme (the pastel pink hair and mint hooves AAAAAA), her half-shaved hair, and general vibes. She also filled the sisterly horse gap, which is neat.
Cleo, Savannah, Julian, Winnie, and Victoria are all also very solid horse designs.

The worst horses for me are Peaches and Clyde, because whatever is going on with their eyes, I don't like it

Julian, roscoe, and peaches got my votes!

I love peaches, because I had peaches in earlier games and got attached. She moved away even though I sent her letters and gave gifts and....she still moved away. But I still love peaches.

Julian is a unicorn, so of course all that magic had to get a vote. If I were going to have a smug villager to keep forever on my island, it would have to be julian.

Cranky roscoe had to get a vote, of course. I do like cranky villagers. And roscoe would be awesome to include in some of the more spooky island areas.

Savannah is so cool! I love the zebra look, I would love to have her in my village. Just as long as she's not horsin' around I'm sorry...

Clyde is pretty boring and he looks like a sleepy grandpa. Nothing wrong with sleepy grandpas, but they're pretty boring.

Ah yus~ the horses.

I never had Julian until New Horizons, and can I say how much joy I have had with him on my Island. He's amazing. I expect to draw some at one point, because I need a proper portrait of him~! He's definitely a love~<3

There are actually a lot of horses I adore~ Peaches! Having Julian on my Island has stopped me getting her sometimes. I wish she was a peppy. But alas, a lot of ones I adore are normals. I also adore Savannah, Annalise, Cleo (still baffles me how she's snooty), Elmer, Reniegh.
Victoria seems really interesting for sure~ And I love Winnie so much, that lil star on her head is everything.

I actually really like Roscoe! He seems very, mysterious and the more you talk to him, the more personality he gives you. I am a bit unsure with Papi, out of them all he's the basic.

Ed and Colton are baes. My baes. I love them. I actually have Ed on the gameboy version (rip, haven't been on it in ages, I feel bad.) and I swear he's wearing a skirt and t shirt combo?

293073190_1099002934377684_2795997101864250513_n.jpg

Due to this, when I did his HHP party, I did a sorta christmas party, where he wears a dress. He's rocking it~

Back