• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) horse villagers? 🐴

Best villager?

• Julian

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • Roscoe

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Winnie

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Savannah

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Victoria

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Peaches

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Papi

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Buck

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Annalise

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Reneigh

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Colton

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Ed

• Elmer

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Cleo

• Total voters
My favorites are Papi and Winnie. Papi is the best because I love okapis and he says a lot of funny things. Winnie is adorable with the star on her forehead. I don't like her house interior, but I really wanted her on my island so I had to invite her as one of the first 3 with the crafting houses so she would have the peppy interior.

My least favorite is Julian because his eyes bother me. They're always closed except when he does certain reactions, and then they're really creepy. I also don't like his house theme.

Roscoe, Papi, and Elmer. Papi is my favorite villager of all time he's my sweet baby angel I love him so much and I fell in love with Roscoe when I had him in New Leaf he was so sweet and I even named my first horse in Breath of the Wild after him. As for Elmer, I personally never had him I just think he has a nice simple design which I like.

I like Reneigh and Elmer - I have both of them! :D (btw elmer looks like bojack, so that's why i like him and why i have him in my acnl town lol)
And my other favs are: Roscoe and Ed (because he's my birthday twin :D )
Worst is Clyde, he doesn't look good in my opinion.

I really like the horses. I haven't had a horse villager yet but I met a bunch in the dream suite.
I voted for Papi. Okapis are like my favorite animals.
The other Horses I really like are Cleo, Victoria, and Savannah.
Epona will be added to my list if they add her in the game.
I wish there was a Giraffe Villager. But I am happy there is a purple horse I really like and a nice rich classic brown horse.
Worse horse is Peaches. She looks dead. I am not sure what they were trying to go for with her. x eyes only look good on doll like characters.
I'd love to hear the story behind Peaches if anyone knows.

I love the horse villagers. Colton and Reneigh are my favorites but all the ones that have been on my islands are special in some way.

EXL7XEEU4AI-OiN.jpeg

Annalise is my favorite horse.She's an original islander from AC:Gamecube and has the perfect house interior for an island town.I also voted for Reneigh and my New Leaf horsies Colton,Winnie and Cleo.

While I do think Julian is awesome and is the most unique, Elmer is the best imo. He’s just the cutest horse and he’s my favourite villager! Papi is also another honourable mention, he used to be my fav before Elmer :) (I love Epona as well and I can’t wait for her to come back to NH).

But the worst? Probably Ed and Clyde. They look horrendous in my opinion.

julian and papi are the best imo - julian is gorgeous and i love his house so, so much and papi’s adorable! but sadly, reneigh is my least favourite; not too sure why but she just doesn’t appeal to me at all. >_<

Best: Cleo. I can't believe how underrated she is, she has a beautiful colour scheme and she's really cute.

Worst: Clyde and Peaches, like yourself. I think they're hideous lol

Best horse villager IMO has to be Julian (although I think he is my gorgeous special blue unicorn 😍) He is one of two villagers that I have always had in every game. Bayside wouldn’t be the same without him 🥺

I like most of the horse villagers, but my top favourites would be Roscoe and Papi.

The only one I dislike is Savannah.

I love the horse villagers- their short 'lil legs and their carousel jingle when you talk to them are so cute to me. :D My absolute favorite is Elmer because I love his natural color, his sleepy expression, and his darkly funny name. I also really like Annalise (I had her for awhile on my town), Papi (love that he's based on an Okapi!), Savannah (Zebra!!!), Roscoe (for being a cursed horse).

As for the designs I don't like, I'm not a big fan of Julian (for his closed eyes), Ed (for his colors and hairdo), and Clyde (also for his closed eyes). But even these guys I don't dislike all that much.

my favorite horse is papi! hes super cute and i love that his design is based on an okapi :)
as for my least favorite, i really don't like clyde because of his yellow color and his eyes are kinda creepy looking lol

I have a soft spot for Papi, I found him during one of my first island-hopping sessions and he's been on my island ever since, I think he's so cute. Looking down the list, Savannah looks pretty cool also! Looking at the pictures again, I guess I'd say Clyde is my least favourite? He's not really one of those "I've always hated him", notoriously unwanted villagers, I don't think - more of a "oh, this guy exists and his eyes look weird" kind of dislike, lol.

For the best horse, my vote has to go to Julian because I love him so much! He's basically my crush in the animal crossing world. So much class, elegance, and charm, and always majestic! It really is too bad that his theme doesn't fit my island but if I ever decide to do fairy core, he'd be the first dreamie villager I want on my wishlist.

Close seconds for me and in no particular order are Winnie, Roscoe and Papi. Winnie is more so for nostalgic reasons since she's the first ever peppy villager I had on my very first new leaf town, and while other villagers are quite mean/standoffish to me, Winnie was so friendly and warm that I immediately took a liking in her. Roscoe I also had as a villager, and while I had him, he was the coolest, BA cranky ever and I still have fond memories chilling with him on my new leaf town. As for Papi, I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I saw him on other people's islands and just fell in love. Papi is by the way so cute but so underrated because nobody ever talks about him.

I don't have a worst choice, but Cleo is very bleh for me design wise. Not a huge fan of that shade of purple as skin tone for the villager.

I chose Roscoe. 😍 I’ve just always had a soft spot for him since Wild World. I want him on my island so bad. Though Papi is a very close second!

My favorite Horse villager these days is Savannah because of her unique zebra design.

Julian used to be my favorite because of his unicorn design and Smug personality, and he's still my second favorite Horse, but I dunno, Savannah just became more interesting to me over time.

Horse is a pretty good species with a lot of cool villagers. The other Horses I like are Annalise, Colton, Ed, Reneigh, Roscoe, and Victoria. I've also come to appreciate Peaches a bit more, after not liking her for years, both because she's based on a toy with stitched eyes like Stitches is and because she shares my birthday.

I'd probably have to say my least favorite Horse is Buck.

I’m not a huge fan of the horse villagers but some of them have pretty cool designs! I like savannah the best because she’s the only zebra in the game. Of course Julian is a classic choice too being that he’s the only unicorn. I can also see why papi has so many votes, his pattern is really cool. I’m not actually a huge fan of Reneigh I had her on my island at the beginning and she was okay but I don’t like her hair lol. Also not really a fan of Ed or Elmer, but I do feel so bad for Elmer having that name like that’s just so cruel😩

Back