• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) kangaroo villagers? 🦘

Best villager?

• Astrid

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Marcie

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mathilda

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Rooney

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Walt

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Carrie

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Sylvia

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Kitt

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters

Wolfieocelot

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Im indifferent to the kangaroos, but theyre pretty neat. Heres my take:

BEST: Mathilda and Kitt. Mathilda's design looks cool. It kinda makes me think that she is a tough mother to her little joey, and that is so unique! Kitt is cute and her personality matches her loving and caring nature. Also did i mention that her house is AMAZING???

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Walt and Rooney. Walt's design is fitting for his nature and Rooney looks cool. If only Rooney was not cranky (he should have been a jock to me)

WORST: Astrid. She looks weird, especially with that expression and star pattern around her eye.

Best are the males.

Every single female is the worst.
The kids are so creepy

The kids move their heads with and mimic their mothers. The child does not have a name. The child is not recognised as being a separate villager. The child will NEVER grow up no matter how many years you play.

Either the child is a parasite, or just a second head and not a child at all.

There is no way to justify their existence and must be purged by fire.

Last edited:
Best are the males.

Every single female is the worst.
The kids are so creepy

The kids move their heads with and mimic their mothers. The child does not have a name. The child is not recognised as being a separate villager. The child will NEVER grow up no matter how many years you play.

Either the child is a parasite, or just a second head and not a child at all.

There is no way to justify their existence and must be purged by fire.

This.

I picked Rooney and Walt as the Best because the males are normal looking. The females unfortunately have the joeys that never age, nameless and mimic the every action of the mother, which I find very creepy.
Rooney is great because of his Rocky theme.
Walt is great because I picture him as a blind swordsman.

The worst out of all the females: Astrid
Creepy clown kangaroo with creep clown child. No thanks!

rooney is the ultimate kangaroo villager! i randomly got his amiibo when they first released and i've loved him ever since 💖
it bothers me that he is a cranky and not a jock but oh well
i also love walt because he is beautiful lol

worst is astrid because she's so weirdly designed, like why does she actually look like a clown
stole pietro's look but at least he can pull it off 😂

Carrie and Kitt in my opinion are the best kangaroos. I definitely see them as mothers, especially with their normal personalities. It never came to my mind that the joeys are creepy. In fact, I find them cute how they just settle in their mother's pocket and mimic the reactions. They don't have a name, but I just come up with one for them. Carrie's joey would be named Cassie and Kitt's joey would be named Molly (yes, I'm aware there's a villager with that same name).

The worst kangaroo for me is probably Astrid.

I really like Astrid, but like people already said, fix the babies, they serve no purpose and are annoying. Also why not make a female kangaroo with no babies as well?
The worst is marcie, she doesn't have a nose and it makes her face look weird.

marcie is definitely the best imo! she’s so, so precious and i love how angelic she looks. :’) walt is pretty great too, though and i’m even considering having him on my island one day aha.

as for who i think is the worst, it’s a tie between sylvia and carrie as they’ve just never appealed to me. >_<

I dislike all of them, personally, the little kid they have creeps me out as well, like why does it copy every reaction? Why is it not growing? So many questions, left unanswered.

I remember Astrid was always in the City Folk town me and my sister had, and we hated how rude she was to us, so we always hoped she would move, my sister would dig pitfall seeds, hit her with nets, she never left: I imagine out of spite for us.

I voted for Astrid. I also like Sylvia too. I was surprised to like those honestly. I didn't think I would like any of the kangaroos. I met them on my old island.
Marcie is the worst. She looks creepy to me.

Walt is my favorite out of all the kangaroos. I love his scar and tough guy attitude. He reminds me of an old fashioned mobster and I love it! I also like Rooney for his boxer design and Kitt for her more natural looking colors.

Least favorite is probably Astrid. She kind of looks like a glam rocker from the 80s to me, but it's just not my thing. Marcie "Stepford Wives" look, along with her not having a nose, also bothers me.

Mathilda is my favourite of the kangaroos, I like her design and think the purple and black colour scheme looks really nice together. I've previously had Kitt and Rooney on my island and they were alright and Walt is a well designed kangaroo but overall they're not really a species that I'm really interested in. Most of the designs aren't awful but they're not really interesting either and as has already been mentioned the babies just seem too odd.

Sylvia and Marcie are my least favourites, I thought I wouldn't really mind them but I've since seen them both while island hopping and they looked a bit strange to me, Sylvias hair style doesn't really suit her at all and Marcie has quite odd eyes that I couldn't get used to.

i voted for marcie! she's adorable and i love her color scheme :")

sylvia is probably my least favorite lol her design is just really weird

The best one is Kitt. Fight me. I will defend her to death lol. Honorable mention to Astrid too.

Walt is my boy. He was a starter village in NL, and he became my fave over time.

Least fave I suppose maybe Astrid? Although I don't hate any of the kangaroos.

Marcie is my favorite. ☺️ I just realized she doesn't have a nose compared to the other kangaroos and now it's bothering me a little bit... but still my favorite.

I like Astrid and Carrie, too.

Best: Kitt and Carrie. Both designs are simple and cute and sweet. I've had both, and I love putting playground furniture outside their homes, and watching them run errands with their little babies ☺ Sylvia's a cutie, too. I like her coloring and her personality is a great fit for a mom- like, she had her wild days. But now she's a mom. And she's protective, but not overly so, since she knows what's really important in the end- a happy, confident, appropriately independent kid.

Worst: Males. They defeat the purpose and lose the one main thing that makes them look like Kangaroos in the first place! I seriously don't get them. (and I really don't understand how Walt is winning this poll RN) I also find Astrid a bit off-putting.

The kangaroos overall are not really my favorites tbh, but if I had to pick anyone out of them, I would say Mathilda & Kitt.

Astrid is the best imo. She has a cool design and she lives in my gamecube town so I’m biased.

Bleh, I really can't with the kangaroos, but I chose Kitt as the best. She has the least offensive look and design for me.

Worst... Sylvia. She haunts me in my dreams.

Back