• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) kangaroo villagers? 🦘

Best villager?

• Astrid

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Marcie

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mathilda

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Rooney

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Walt

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Carrie

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Sylvia

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Kitt

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters
Where are all the peppy kangaroos at?! I like the designs of Mathilda and Kitt.

I'll agree with above; I find it a bit strange the way the mum and joey are mirrored. I think it would have been cute if the joey had a complementary, but different, design.

WALT! He is my favourite cranky character AND his aesthetics of the Asian interior in his house fits my island.

Not only that, but his scar on his face with the cross reminds me very much of Kenshin

Rooney has an awesome design, I think he rocks!

Marcie gives me the creeps.
She has bad hair, creepy eyes, her lipstick is off-putting, and the fact that she is literally the only noseless kangaroo in the entire franchise makes that even creepier...
I do like how her name is a play on the species she is, "marsupial".

I'll say Walt is the best just because he's the only kangaroo villager I can tolerate. He has a cool design with his little battle scar below his eye and he has nice eyebrows. Rooney would be lumped in here but I just don't personally care for the boxing design thing, it would fit better for a jock in my opinion.

The worst will just be ALL the female kangaroos. The female kangaroos creep me out, how the joey does the exact same thing that the mom is doing. Plus it feels weird that they just have the same dialog as the rest of the villager and they don't address this extra head sticking out of their pouch? It's just weird to me and I don't like it.

Kangaroo villagers aren’t my favorite but starting to like them more. My favorite is Walt. I started to like Kitt and Sylvia more since having them on island.

Time to update my kangaroos! 🦘

BEST: Walt and Rooney

Over the past years I've begun to favour Walt a lot more than Rooney but Rooney is my OG Kangaroo and liking him will never change. I like both of them because of the reasons I stated earlier. Walt goes a lot more with the current zen themed island than Rooney does so I'm focusing on him if I find him while island hopping. If I had to choose between Walt and Kabuki for the cranky spot I would probably end up with both because I like both equally. If I run into Rooney while island hopping I'll invite him but it would only be for the photo.

WORST:

My stance on female kangaroos hasn't changed. I don't like that the joeys copy the mothers when performing emotions. However, I dislike the kangaroo females less than entire animal species like the hippos.

If I had to choose one now as the worst it would be Sylvia. That hair gives "Karen" vibes.

I feel like Kangaroo's aren't loved as much, and I haven't had much experience with them.
I do like the look of Astrid, and Marcie.

Walt is the best kangaroo villager, hands down. All of the rest of them are the worst. Walt does an excellent job of trying to "mentor" the lazy villagers (even though they never listen and make him crazy). His crankiness is endearing and hides the marshmallow fluff he really is inside.

Plus, there's his house! How could you not love his whole aesthetic. (Pic from internet. Not mine).
1708791860749.png

It's the perfect house to put in a cherry blossom forest or by a zen garden.

Another thing going for walt is that he doesn't have a pouch with a creepy kidlet in it. No offense, but those kangaroos with the mini me in the pouch are creepy as heck.

Marcie and Astrid I like. They're pretty cool. Kangaroos are a neat species, it's a two for one because they have their little Joey in their pouch. I've always found that adorable about the kangaroos.

Rooney gotta be the worst. No pouch, no Joey, not as cute.

Walt is a samurai kangaroo and is extremely cool-looking, so he gets my vote for the best one, although I also really like Kitt! She looks like a very tired mother, but also looks very sweet and friendly when she has every right to be a little cranky. I wish her many nights of uninterrupted sleep. Bless her. And I'll give a shoutout to Mathilda for her spooky vibes and ace pride colors.

Worst goes to Sylvia, for a haircut that aged very poorly, although there's something about Carrie that I don't like either. Her expression is similar to Rex the lion villager's, whose expression also bothers me.

Best are the males.

Every single female is the worst.
The kids are so creepy

The kids move their heads with and mimic their mothers. The child does not have a name. The child is not recognised as being a separate villager. The child will NEVER grow up no matter how many years you play.

Either the child is a parasite, or just a second head and not a child at all.

There is no way to justify their existence and must be purged by fire.
I surprisingly agree😭
I think all the kangaroo designs are really cute, but the babies... they really creep me out🫠
I just think... can't female kangaroos just not have babies?
It's obvious that the baby can't grow up, but it's... creepy.
Can't the female kangaroos in Animal Crossing all be women who have already raised their children who are now adults?

Hooowever my favorite kangaroo is Walt(not because he's male, but because he has a really cool design)
And I think Carrie is my least favorite design.
But they would all be prettier without babies LOL

Astrid, Mathilda, and Kitt are my picks. I've had Kitt in my New Leaf town and I thought she was very cute! And Astrid has a super cool design! I've never had Mathilda before but I want to!

For me, the best kangaroo villager would have to be Mathilda. She just looks awesome. Her glare, the red irises, the yellow sclera, the white pupils, her black and purple color scheme... Her design just oozes personality. The kangaroos aren't my favorite villagers in general, but Mathilda is the one kangaroo I'd invite to my island with zero hesitation! Honorable mention to Astrid. She has an interesting design as well. Maybe I just like snooty kangaroos...

For least favorite, I'll say Sylvia. The hair over the eye and her expression bother me a bit. The pink blush against the purple fur isn't my favorite either. She used to be snooty in earlier games, but clearly that was changed because she wasn't cool enough to be in the snooty kangaroo club with Mathilda and Astrid

Honestly, all i can say is that I prefer the male kangaroos over the females. The babies from the female kangaroos are weird in my opinion, maybe its because of the expressions they make.

Back