• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are you gonna play New Leaf with?

PapaNer

Fitzpleasure
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
I don't really know how most people prefer to go about playing with others.

When WW came out I bought copies for myself and my fiance (girlfriend at the time) as I had a real blast with the GC version. Now I have a total of 5 people I know that I regularly play AC games with.

Anyway, I play with my fiance', 3 good friends, and my mother. Since I found these forums and added a lot of you (and am willing to add more :3) I plan on branching out from just my personal group and playing with lots of people here :D

How do you play with other people in AC?

Looks like none of my family are going to be buying the game.
I'll just be playing with people I meet here, on the forums, or other places online.

I never played WW online (security settings) but this time round, I got my bf into WW so he's looking forward to NL so I'll play with him and people I've met on these forums!

I wish I had someone who I could speak to IRL while playing xD

I wish I had someone who I could speak to IRL while playing xD

I can't say that isn't a big plus. Especially when looking for furniture sets and turnip prices. I wish they would have let us use the mic in this game.

I can't say that isn't a big plus. Especially when looking for furniture sets and turnip prices. I wish they would have let us use the mic in this game.

Yes, that would be so much easier!

I have a couple people on here that I'm going to play with, and I have a couple of real life friends who are getting the game that I'm going to play with face to face.

However, this will only be about once a week, maybe twice. I like having time to enjoy the game myself.

I have a couple people on here that I'm going to play with, and I have a couple of real life friends who are getting the game that I'm going to play with face to face.

However, this will only be about once a week, maybe twice. I like having time to enjoy the game myself.

I enjoy ac by myself as well, but I love it as a social medium. It's always a blast :}

I'll hopefully be able to connect with some people on this forum and another Nintendo one I post on, but I guess I'll mostly be playing with my wife, who'll share a town with me. If it's anything like it was with the GameCube and DS versions, though, she'll lose interest after a month or two :( , and I'll be left with the town to myself.

If my aunt decides to get the game, her when I visit her in real life.
Otherwise I'll be showing a close friend a lot of my gameplay as he doesn't own a 3DS, but badly wants one and can't get it :(. No siblings though, so mainly by myself.
Some multiplayer too, via dream mansion and train station.

Last edited:
I'll be playing with one of my close friends IRL and online. She's one of my only friends who owns a 3DS. Lookig forward to it!!

I used to play WW and CF with my best friend but I don't think she'll be getting New Leaf... So I don't have anyone really. One of the reasons I joined the forums is so I can meet new people here and play with them online when the game comes out.

The people here I guess! Unless I can persuade some of my RL friends to get it but none of them are Nintendo fans...

I talked my husband (then boyfriend) into playing WW with me back in the day. Since then, I've talked my best friend of 20 years into trying WW. I gave her my old DS and I had three WW cartridges so I gave her one of those too and she is now just as excited as I am for NL. Well, maybe not quite as excited as me. My husband doesn't seem too excited about playing but he does have his own 3DS so whether he likes it or not, he'll be playing too. I have also met some people here and in other forums that I'll be playing with. I agree that a lot of times it is nice to play by yourself but it's nice to have a nice group of friends to visit too.

I have a couple of friends IRL who have a 3DS, but I don't know if either of them plan on buying New Leaf. One of the friends shares her 3DS with her brother, I think, so I feel like she probably wouldn't get it. The other friend... he probably wouldn't play it for very long if he had it. I don't know how much he would enjoy playing it.
In the past I've pretty much always played Animal Crossing on my own. Part of that was because I had no internet with my DS, and when I got it on my Wii I didn't feel the need to get online and ask someone to play with me, mostly because I didn't want them destroying my town. Also, I never knew what to do with people when playing on City Folk... I mean, there's not really much to do outside of check out their house and their town... unless you have something planned.
That won't be much of a problem in New Leaf with the minigames though. The only thing I might have issues with is communication, since you can't type much in the chat. Oh well.

But yeah. If my IRL friends end up not getting it, then I'll probably play with people on here :p probably only if I'm asked though.

I have one Friend who I'll be playing with and hopefully some of the People I added to my Friend List.

No one still play AC around me. I'll have to find online friends. I hope I will find legit player with good looking town. I'm tired on CF to add people that have paths I hate because they look cheap and people that time travel and cheat. For me they are boring.

Back