• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who bought a 3DS only to play ACNL?

PapaNer

Fitzpleasure
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
This is actually the only reason I bought a 3ds at all. I got one for my fiance and then one for myself, and I didn't buy a game for it for almost 3 months (which was also 3 months after Kid Icarus came out and had gone down in price at a local shop).

I mean, now I have a few games that I really enjoy, but my only reason at the time of purchase was ACNL.

I am just curious to see how many people did the same :D

Also, I'm really glad I have one right now, because I got to play HMNB and FEA and they're awesome!

I didn't buy it just to play NL - but NL was one of the reasons I got it

I had put NL out of my mind by the time I got my first 3DS. But a big influence was NL

When I heard that AC comes out for thr 3DS, I was immediately bugging my mother to allow me to buy one. And because she destroyed my DS lite by accident I got one. So I just played normal ds games on it and when my big brother heard that I have a 3ds and no games for it he bought me mario cart 7 and nintendogs + cats. (but now I want the ac 3dsxl)

I'm going to, at first. Since I want a US 3dsxl. I'll purchase other games as well.

ME. I got the turquoise 3DS when it was released, and got the ambassador program benefits because I got it when it first came out. Then the pink 3DS came out. So I sold the turquoise one and got my current pink 3DS. Now I'm going to sell my pink 3DS, and buy the Animal Crossing 3DS XL Bundle. So I'll have waited three years, and gone through three systems, only really enjoying Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward during my 3DS ownership. Phiew. At least I'll finally have the best game, on the best system, in my hands June 9th.

I bought a 3ds just for NL about a month ago and I still don't have any games for it. All I do with it is take it with me when I go out to collect streetpasses.

I have thought about getting fire emblem and mario kart, but I figured they would just be distractions when I need to focus on school. Which is why I love the NL release date; comes out when most people are on summer break <3

Me. I got it from my parents at Christmas 2012 and didn't touch it since then. I just wanted the 3DS so that I am able to play New Leaf whenever it comes out. :)

No. I stopped paying attention to AC after I got bored of Wild World several years ago. I didn't know about NL until this past October. And I'd had my 3DS for a year before that.

I definitely did. I have a DS XL already, and I'm a fan of the Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright series which aren't 3DS games (except for the last Prof Layton - I just use my son's 3DS to play that game). Just bought a red 3DS XL and got a beautiful skin from decal girl to cover it. I'm happy with the 3DS XL, but only got it specifically for AC:NL. I don't even use the 3D feature for the 3D games anyway (old eyes - don't do well focusing, nevermind trying find the 'sweet spot' when using 3D).

I did. I've picked up a few games along the way that I've enjoyed but the only reason I actually bought a 3DS in the first place was for NL.

I bought a 3DS when Black 2 game out because I forgot to bring my DSi with me to uni. I knew Animal Crossing was on its way, and now that I've discovered Fire Emblem, it wasn't a bad decision at all.

NL was definitely the main reason I got a 3DS. I've gotten a few other games though which I enjoy, and I will continue to buy other games for it, so then that way my 3DS will serve more of a purpose than just a way to play NL.

Well I have to admit, I got my first 3ds as a Christmas present because I begged my kids for it, and was waiting for New Leaf. That was 2011. Since then, my "old eyes" ( I hear you Craftyott!) caused me to whine for a 3dsXL, still waiting for NL. Now that the bundle has been announced I am tempted to get my hands on that too. But in the mean time, I have been enjoying some Lego games, and Luigi's Mansion, to pass the time.

I got it only for New Leaf. But Kid Icarus and LoZOoT are great. Not to mention that there are going to be more Pokemon and Legend of Zelda to come.

I had been considering a 3ds back when they first came out, but decided I didn't really need one. Fast forward to October*of this year...some of my friends have one, and I'm starting to consider it. One friend mentions that a new Animal Crossing will be out, and that solidified it for me. I do have other games, and I am looking forward to some of the stuff that's coming out as well.

It was more like the deciding point for me. I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to get a 3DS right away, because when it was first announced I didn't bother looking up the games. Pokemon Black had already been announced for the regular DS, so I just thought, "meh. I still have a couple of years before the next generation comes. I can wait until then."
But then E3 rolled around and I saw the Animal Crossing and the Paper Mario trailer, and that ended up realizing that I'm probably going to want that. So I asked for a 3DS for my next birthday, and now I'm happy that I did.

When I first saw New Leaf, I had a Nintendo dsi xl and I thought at first it was a ds game but I realize that it was a 3ds game and basically I bought a 3ds xl just for the Animal Crossing New Leaf. But currently I bought Monster Hunter 3 :p just so I wouldn't be bored until new leaf comes out :)

Back