• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who bought a 3DS only to play ACNL?

I did, but that was almost two years ago, although AC:NF didn't come out then, my 3DS has gotten plenty of gaming use.
(Wish the same could be said for my streetpassing... :()

I did, but that was almost two years ago, although AC:NF didn't come out then, my 3DS has gotten plenty of gaming use.
(Wish the same could be said for my streetpassing... :()

It is a tricky thing sometimes. I usually get about 4 when I walk around Campus, but tonight I didn't get any. Really the key if you don't live in a very well populated city is to keep it on you when you go places. I find that whenever parents are shopping with their kids (primarily weekends) is the best time to get streetpasses.

When I saw the Animal Crossing clip when they unveiled the 3DS, I immediately knew I had to get one. Even though it was a long wait, I'm very glad because it was worth it ^^. So it was my reason to purchase it, but I also play other games on it like Professor Layton which I'm also a big fan of.

Not exactly. I was given a 3DS as a gift. I had no intentions of buying any new games for it - it was technically a replacement for my old DS Lite, which works fine, except for its wireless connection. But once hearing about New Leaf, it'll be the first game I'm going to buy for my 3DS! So... I'm kind of glad I got a 3DS early? xD

As soon as I saw Animal crossing for the 3ds I new I had to buy it. Its my favourite series. I pre-ordered my 3ds hoping Animal crossing would release soon but here we are almost 3 years later.. There are plenty of good games I want for it though, especially the new Zelda game they are making for it!
But yes it is the main reason I bought one and now I'm buying the bundle with the xl and the cute figurine. I will give my boyfriend my old 3ds and he will get the game too, so I will finally have someone to play with and streetpass! So excited.

It was definitely a big selling point, but I had been meaning to upgrade my brick ds(the very first one..) so it all worked out. I probably couldn't justify buying a 3ds for one game though, so I looked at all the upcoming games I wanted and decided to go for it.

I asked for a 3ds for Christmas 2 years ago. I have never asked for a game, but I have revived 3.
Mario cart, Pokemon, and some other third thing.
I have played Mario cart 3 times. This 3ds was for animal crossing. I had no other want for it.
If it were not for AC I probably wouldn't have one

I would never have gotten a 3DS unless ACNL was coming out. I felt weird to spend $200 on a 3DS XL just for one game though so I did my research and found some games to play too. I got Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D and couldn't really get into it, but then I downloaded the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo and loved it! Got the full version of Fire Emblem and have put 10 hours into it quickly!

I would never have gotten a 3DS unless ACNL was coming out. I felt weird to spend $200 on a 3DS XL just for one game though so I did my research and found some games to play too. I got Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D and couldn't really get into it, but then I downloaded the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo and loved it! Got the full version of Fire Emblem and have put 10 hours into it quickly!

Fire emblem is incredible. Easily the best 3ds title I've ever played.

I mainly bought a 3DS to play Animal Crossing, but I also bought it to play Nintendogs + Cats. I don't really play Nintendogs though, because I don't have the time with school. :p Oh well, maybe I can get back to it in the summer!

I bought my lovely blue/black 3DS XL last September, *only* to play ACNL. I had never had a handheld console of any kind before and figured I should learn how to use one while waiting for ACNL to be released. That is why I decided to buy it so early.

As it turned out, I had plenty of time to learn. I have bought and played over a dozen 3DS and DS games on my XL during the wait.

Animal Crossing is the reason I got a 3DS. I have played other games on it too, but only because I'm DYING waiting for AC.

I brought my 3ds the day it came out. I waited since that day for AC.....thinking it would come soon after!

ACNL was the reason I bought the 3ds when I did, I thought it would be out by April of last year so I bought it early last year. ACNL is probably the reason I did by the 3ds really, of course I have bought a few games that have come out, but AC started the want.

I would say 95% of the people here wanted AC and got a 3ds;) but Nintendo made us wait....and wait...and wait.

Yes, biggest influences were NL, HM:ANB, and RF4 :) all lovely choices! Though Fire Emblem and Ocarina of Time are two of my favorites so far.

NL was probably one of the deciding factors, but I got my 3DS at launch. The hype for me has kind of worn off. I'm still getting the game the day it comes out though. Probably one my other main deciding factors is the main pokemon series, since it was bound to continue on the 3ds anyways, and I just can't miss one lol. I have picked up and still plan to get many other games though. The 3ds is an astounding system.

Yeah, I pretty much got my 3DS XL just for New Leaf. ; v ; I wasn't too interested in any of the other releases.

That's the only reason I got my JP 3DS.
I got my original UK 3DS on release day so I didn't know about New Leaf when purchasing.

Back