• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who bought a 3DS only to play ACNL?

i wasn't gonna bother buying one til l found out about the new animal crossing. and when i heard about all the new features i went out and bought one. then a few months ago i traded it in for the XL. i have mario kart and paper mario for it now but i wouldn't of bothered if it weren't for animal crossing

Yep, just for NL :) I actually bought one last year and didn't really play much on it while I was waiting, then saw the pink 3DSXLs and sold my other one to buy that one :D And I LOVE it! I've played some games, but I mostly carry it around for streetpasses :D

Originally, it was the only reason I bought one. Now, though, there are other good games that I enjoy. Most recently, Mario Kart has been stealing some time. Mario Golf will take a lot when it's out and the new Donkey Kong as well. Finally some decent titles available for it.

My sister and I both got it only for New Leaf. My brother and husband got theirs mainly to play new leaf, but not entirely.

I upgraded to a 3DS at launch only because Animal Crossing was announced as a launch title waaaaay back when. I've had fun playing some 3DS games and getting streetpasses at cons but it was mainly bought for New Leaf which I will finally get to play June 9.:p

I pretty much only got it for New Leaf, but I also had the hope that there would be better games released after getting it, and I'm glad that there are now many games for the 3DS that I really want to get. I don't like spending money on a console just for one game.

While New Leaf was the biggest reason I bought a 3DS, it was far from the only reason I bought it. I wanted to buy Ocarina of Time, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Kid Icarus: Uprising, as well as any fun Pokemon Games and Fantasy Life.

I'm more into handheld gaming when it comes to Nintendo nowadays. I knew I'd get plenty of mileage out of this system.

However, I wouldn't really say I'd never buy a system for one game. I bought an Xbox 360 to play Viva Pinata, after all. xD

It's kind of a long story, but I'll tell it anyway. :3

So, I first heard about the 3DS & AC:NL a few months after E3 2010 [late 2010/early 2011] and was super psyched since the 3DS & AC:NL (then AC3DS) were supposed to come out on my birthday. Then, the 3DS was released without NL, and I had no interest in getting the system anymore. But, I still followed the game closely.
Then, when we had a confirmed release date for Japan, I started thinking about getting a 3DS again. I asked for one for Christmas [since we thought it would be here by now!! :>], but didn't get it. Then, in February, they announced the release date and I started getting pumped. So, on my Birthday, 2 years after the initial launch, I finally got one. c:
So yeah, just for AC. But Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is awesome! :D

Basically I was going to get the 3DS when it was first announced, but wait a while to get one. Then NL was announced and I bought it on release day.

The only reason I'll be getting a 3DS XL is for New Leaf. Well, that's a bit of a lie, it'll also mean that I'll be able to play my DS games again. ; u;

I bought my 3DS because my DS Lite gave out on the touchscreen. I didn't know about New Leaf until January, but now I m glad I bought it.

I was thinking of buying it for New Leaf, but then Style Savvy came out so I bought it earlier (Plus there was a nice deal with Mario Kart 7 which also pushed me).

I got a 3DS as a situational gift. My grandparents needed to spend an extra hundred or so dollars at the store to be eligible for a "no interest" payment plan on their furniture so they told me to go pick out a 3DS lol I was stoked and really really happy they let me do that!

New Leaf was one of the reasons I got a 3DS, but the main reason was that my DS lite was getting worn out. That, and Ocarina of Time 3D.

Back