• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who bought a 3DS only to play ACNL?

I certainly didn't buy my 3DS just for Animal Crossing but knowing it was on the way definitely influenced the purchase. There's a question on Club Nintendo surveys when you register a game regarding whether you purchased the system for this game... you should all be sure to mention it when you do your New Leaf survey!

I also only bought a 3DS because AC was announced for it (3 days after the E3 announcement as I check on the activity chart). I've got 4 games for it now, but without knowing an Animal Crossing was impending I would never have bought the system for those games. - And now I've ordered the XL bundle and rendered that whole process obsolete. xP

Though the huge wait has made me decide I won't be getting a Wii U until we get a release date for a new game.

I waited on getting the xl for the game, even though I already have the Zelda 3ds. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but he just doesn't get it. It's Animal Crossing! What's not to get?! :p

i originally did just buy it for AC because i didnt really like any of the other games for the 3ds that were out then but now i have a few games that i play regularly

I only bought it to play NL but then I bought Luigi's Mansion 2 and some other games.

I did. I'll end up buying some other games too eventually, but I would not have bought my 3DS if not for New Leaf.

Bought mine only for ACNL. That was a year ago. I thought it had been out by the time I bought my 3DS....

Back