Who is playing tonight?

sierra

Bells
Switch
8007-6994-2794
New Horizons Token
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Mint
I admire those who can control themselves and have no issue falling asleep knowing NH is ready to go. My poor impulse could never. I’ve had problems falling asleep since February because of the hype in my body. I’m staying up and playing for a good little chunk of time. Who else?

Also last minute manifestations? I really want oranges and I think the pear model is super cute so those are welcome.
I want my Uchi to either be Agnes for nostalgia or the new girl Reneigh. Rowan as my jock.
Teal, orange or red airport.

Even though I was trying to keep positive, the initial datamine got me a little discouraged but the confirmation of the updates put the wind back in my sails! After researching I learned the Splatoon team is now the New Horizons team. Splatoon got several free substantial updates, even after Hisashi Nogami personally said “No more” they kept coming because the team cares about the fan’s experience. We are in good hands.

I’m excited to start this game with y’all.

Me. I super excited, plus I also want to hear all the hourly music because I love waking up with AC, 1am and 5am used to be my favourite themes in Wild World and City Folk.

Last edited:
My sleep schedule's always been pretty terrible (bordering unhealthy, tbh), and I'm also a massive introverted night-owl... I also took a nap earlier to wake myself up a bit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Me. I super excited, plus I also want to hear all the hourly music because I love waking up with AC, 1am and 5am used to be my favourite themes in Wild World and City Folk.

Hate to break it to you, but hourly music isn't in the game for the first week of gameplay.

I plan on at least getting thru the tutorial when the game unlocks for me a bit after midnight tonight.

I would like to, but 1) I prefer physical copies of games and thus can't get it until tomorrow regardless and 2) I just got myself on a good sleep schedule like a week ago. Not gonna mess it up again.

I've learned that the older you get, the more your body seems to complain at you if you don't get consistent sleep.

9pm PST! As soon as it unlocks, haha. I'll be taking a nap after work to prepare.

Cherries please! Blue airport (or teal but people are saying it hasn't been seen). I haven't decided if I'm going to reset for those or not.

I'm not fussed about villagers...there are only some that I feel strongly about. So whoever is there will be ok.

I might start looking for maps (aka resetting endlessly) but I don’t want to actually play until tomorrow morning—something about starting during the daytime just feels better to me, and I’d like my founding date to be 3/20/20 for silly aesthetic purposes ^ェ^

Me! The game releases at 11pm my time so I'm going to make my island and finish the tutorial and then head off to bed. When I wake up in the morning I'll watch my boyfriend make his character before work, then I'll get to stay home all day tomorrow and play once he goes out. :D
Tonight we're going to watch the Animal Crossing movie and play Amiibo Festival until it is released, and have all the snacks!

My kids and I are all starting our islamds as soon as we are able tonight, and in celebration of New Horizons Day, bedtime has been abolished for tonight...so everyone plays until we fall over.

Some may call this an irresponsible parenting move. I call this a memory they will cherish as adults.

"Remember that time mom built a tent in the living room and made tons of snacks and stayed up all night with us playing Animal Crossing and watching Spongebob?"

Sounds a lot better than: "Remember being terrified of the Coronavirus and not being able to go outside?"

Last edited:
Oh, that sucks.

I’m seeing it as something to look forward to! Maybe the absence of it will really accentuate the “wild” and unexplored aspect of the first few days. That’s my thought at least :3

My kids and I are all starting our islamds as soon as we are able tonight, and in celebration of New Horizons Day, bedtime has been abolished for tonight...so everyone plays until we fall over.

Some may call this an irresponsible parenting move. I call this anmemory theynwill cherish as adults.

"Remember that time mom built a tent in the living room and made tons of snacks and stayed up all night with us playing Aninal Crossing and watching Spongebob?"

Sounds a lot better than: "Remeber being terrified of tjr Coronavirus and not being able to go outside?"

That’s so cute, it’s making me smile just thinking about you all staying up and playing the game together! Have a wonderful time :D

(Also I don’t think that’s irresponsible at all if it’s an exception. Every kid I knew was allowed to stay awake as long as they wanted for New Years, and it was special and fun for that one night a year)

Last edited:
I cant wait holy crap. I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to play the game but FRICK IT im playing it tn at 11pm central us time!!!! My reasoning is that you cant really do much on day 1 anyways so ill at least design my character and stuff and then maybe sleep.....or maybe ill just stay up all night :rolleyes:

Gasp! You uttered the forbidden words.

It's actually super cute and fun. I know it gets lots of hate and I was on that train too but I picked it up for $5 years ago and tbh it's def. worth it at that price. It's like Mario Party without all the mini-games but somehow it's still pretty good if you have the right people to play with. :)

Me! The game releases at 11pm my time so I'm going to make my island and finish the tutorial and then head off to bed. When I wake up in the morning I'll watch my boyfriend make his character before work, then I'll get to stay home all day tomorrow and play once he goes out. :D
Tonight we're going to watch the Animal Crossing movie and play Amiibo Festival until it is released, and have all the snacks!

That's adorable! Sadly my girlfriend isn't into AC because she never played it, but hopefully I'll get her into it soon since she got herself a switch as well last week! It'd be fun to be excited and play together.

And yes, I'll play at midnight! At first I wanted to wait until tomorrow morning so I could start without having to stop, but I'm free tomorrow anyways and I can sleep in and to be honest.. the hype is too real :'D 1,5 hours to go!

Back