• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who is the best (and worst) Sanrio villager and why?

Who is the best Sanrio villager?

• Total voters

JessieOfSeacowBay

Wolfgang fan club
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2799-5616-2873
My Melody Easter Egg
Cherry (Fruit)
Red Rose
Now that the Sanrio villagers are coming back, who is the best one in your opinion?

For me,
Best: Étoile and Marty! I have a long time soft spot for Little Twin Stars. And Pompompurin is one of my favorites Sanrio characters and Marty is actually cute (unlike Chai, who does no justice for Cinnamoroll).

Worst: Toby. I'm not a fan of Kerokerokeroppi to begin with, and then Toby just isn't very cute, especially for a bunny.

I’m partial to Chelsea because I had her for a brief while in New Leaf... I think she’s really cute but not overly gimmicky! To be honest, I think a lot of the crossover villagers are pretty tacky (namely the Splatoon ones) but most of the Sanrio villagers are all right. I also like Marty and Toby!

Rilla. Gorillas are so underrated and honestly the cutest species imo. She’s absolutely adorable and I’m so glad she was included with the Sanrio villagers because gorillas tend to be cast aside. I’m definitely moving her in the night my game updates lol

So I don't know them but I looked at their face and items.
I love the Asian vibe of Toby, so he is the best in my opinion! I hope to meet him as soon as possible! (the items, I mean) Chai and Etoile are very nice too! Maybe I'll ask the little sheep to join my island!

Easily Marty or Etolie. ( I voted Marty.)
worst, I am going to go with Chai. I mean, she is cute and all, so don't think I hate her or anything. I think they are all interesting! But I feel the elephants and teacups/pots are a little over done when we have Margie and Tai already. Second thought, maybe Margie isn't about teapots/teacups and ceramics...
Rilla is cuter than I thought. I was going to put her down as worst...

Character wise, Marty is my favorite of the bunch. Just a cute looking cub with flattering color scheme and design.

If we are talking about the furnitures though, I like Toby's the best because I prefer the Asian style items over cutesy/pastel furnitures.

Also I just realized that Toby is a rabbit not a frog AND it's a smug villager which means it's a HE, not SHE...!! for some reason i always thought of Toby as a girl...lol

Easily Marty or Etolie. ( I voted Marty.)
worst, I am going to go with Chai. I mean, she is cute and all, so don't think I hate her or anything. I think they are all interesting! But I feel the elephants and teacups/pots are a little over done when we have Margie and Tai already. Second thought, maybe Margie isn't about teapots/teacups and ceramics...
Rilla is cuter than I thought. I was going to put her down as worst...

I had Margie for a while in NL and I do agree she gives off teapot energy. While I still think that, I also think she looks sort of like the painted elephants for the Elephant Festival in Jaipur.

But yeah, maybe not actually a teapot, but seems like she was one in a former life.

Étoile is my favorite followed by Chai.

Chelsea is my least favorite of the set. Couldn't tell you really specifically why but I'm just not endeared to her.

Is it her green hair? I already don't like villagers with hair, and I really don't understand why they made her hair green.

To be quite frank, none of the Sanrio villagers are anything I care about. That said, the best one as far as I'm concerned is Étoile. Rilla is also okay, since I like Gorillas.

My least favorite is definitely Chelsea. She looks like they tried too hard to make something cute and it feels artificial and unappealing.

i went with chai for obvious reasons
i'm obsessed with cinnamoroll
plus she is just soooooooo cute and i love her so much 💖

and for worst i would have said rilla, however she looks pretty cute in NH so none of them are the worst
if i had to pick one, i'd say marty because i'm not really too interested in him but i still like him ^-^

Here for Etoile, considering making room for her on Inverness somehow when the time comes 🥺

My least favorite is Rilla, the species just seems like such an odd choice to me.

Just had a random brainwave, do you think a gorilla could have been chosen in honor of Koko, who loved cats and had several in her lifetime?

Back