• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Why??

So they can get their input on the game out to those who are considering purchasing.
Basically a way of promoting their product on the internet for the cost of one game (per blog).

Is it unfair? Yes. It's really annoying to hear that some people get the game first.

Does it make sense? Yes. Nintendo wants their game to have some reviews put out there before the game is released to the masses,. Bloggers give good reviews (and there's no way this game isn't getting a good review, it changes up so much), more people will buy it.

Its not like they get any benefits from it, unless they live in Japan they cant streepass anyone or wi-fi anyone apart from each other, I'd rather wait to get it when everyone else does

(apart from people in Japan they can wifi)

Blogging is a job for most people, so if they get it first, IT IS FAIR

A lot of jobs come with perks that would make regular people jealous.

It's not a new concept is it, haha. It's what happens with most games. And music, and films etc, etc.

Because Nintendo wants you to starve, so you buy the Donkey Kong you already have bought on Wii while waiting for New Leaf.

They shouldn't have got it a month+ in advance. Two weeks would've been enough. It's not fair.

Irrational, I know, but I don't care.

They shouldn't have got it a month+ in advance. Two weeks would've been enough. It's not fair.

Irrational, I know, but I don't care.

You wouldn't be able to unlock nearly any of the locations without cheating in two weeks. I don't see why this upsets people, YOU were always promised the game on June 9, and that's when you're getting it. Other people getting it early doesn't change your situation at all, you'd be waiting a month either way.

I was just going to write the same thing!
You're still waiting until June, if reviewers get it early or not :)

Animal Crossing gets released to reviewers early on because you have to play the game day by day. If they only got a week of review, and all they got to do is search for money, it wouldn't be a good reflection of the game, now would it?

Animal Crossing gets released to reviewers early on because you have to play the game day by day. If they only got a week of review, and all they got to do is search for money, it wouldn't be a good reflection of the game, now would it?

Yep, exactly this. They get an early copy so they can do their job, and as others have said, this game requires more time than others typically do in order to come up with a good preview.

Back