• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Why??

Is it unfair? Yes. Is it good to have reviews 37 days in advance for this game? Duh. They want them to have a full, solid review to convince more people to buy it. Two weeks would do nothing, essentially.
Which is why I am keeping my mouth shut and waiting out the time.

Last edited:
What's weird is Anthony from Smosh on YouTube posted a pic of him playing New Leaf on twitter. He's not a blogger, just part of the #1 channel on YouTube. So why'd he get it early, too?

People who get their copies first are usually professorial video game reviewers, They most likely get paid to review content. Sure, it may seem unfair but their doing us gamers a good service by telling us what games and good and bad quality wise.

What's weird is Anthony from Smosh on YouTube posted a pic of him playing New Leaf on twitter. He's not a blogger, just part of the #1 channel on YouTube. So why'd he get it early, too?

Did the game have english text?

I'm cool with bloggers and reviewers getting it early. I enjoy reading their views beforehand, it's a way of upping the anticipation factor.

I see smosh getting it as a good thing. Getting a good review from a popular youtuber like smosh could increase the fanbase. This gives a chance to the people who won't play Animal Crossing because it's "girly" to actually have to sit and look at the game. And bigger fanbase= bigger representation. That way, Animal Crossing will get more exposure in the future and maybe, we can get cool things like merchandise. Not only that, but the bigger fanbase also increases to use of things like Streetpass, because people will be more likely to have the game.

Be patient. I know it seems like it sucks now, but the early release has more positive long term effects then it does negative short term ones.

Don't Smosh have a gaming channel now? I remember seeing a video of them playing that Wii U Animal Crossing minigame, so that may be why he has a copy...

You guys are so selfish.. If you were to get the game earlier, you'd be happy. So why be a drag on the reviewers who get it first? It doesn't matter if they get it first.. It does not affect you in any way.. Stop being so immature.

Nintendo realizes that the majority of people spend a good majority of time on the internet. Television is no longer the best way to advertise. By giving online reviewers/bloggers the game to talk about it is a smart way to advertise the game.

Keep in mind, reviewers have to play games all the time that they don't enjoy to review it for -your- sake. They're not always playing things for fun, and most of the time they don't have the time to even complete many games on the list. It's pretty cruel, but it's work.

Besides, if things are done right it should just get you all that much more hyped about the game, or change your expectations BEFORE you spend the money on it. It's a win-win for everyone.

Jennifer(sosostris) has begun her English blog:
http://www.sosostris.com/

Just remember that you will see English text that may spoil some things for you especially since she blogged about her first day so there is some of that "First Day in Town" text!

The ex admin of ACC got an early copy of New Leaf, I think Jeremy should have gotten one too.

Nintendo realizes that the majority of people spend a good majority of time on the internet. Television is no longer the best way to advertise. By giving online reviewers/bloggers the game to talk about it is a smart way to advertise the game.
Exactly! How smart of them :) And I'm majoring in Advertising next year so this is so exciting for me to see their strategies in action haha.

Am I the only one who isn't bothered at all by the fact of people getting early copies? xD It makes sense for Nintendo to do it! Especially getting Smosh involved (#1 subscribed on YouTube--jackpot!! Maybe more people will take my AC obsession seriously now ;D )

The ex admin of ACC got an early copy of New Leaf, I think Jeremy should have gotten one too.

Who? Dalek?

You know, this is an excellent shape. I'm glad Nintendo is catching on to the whole Internet thing being the best way to advertise.

Back