Wi-Fi Connection ending for DS and Wii games

Ahh Nintendo.. you just keep finding new ways to make yourself look stupid as hell.

Look, as in are.

I was really disappointed when they cancelled the messaging system.
Now, they cancel Wireless Fidelity.
Pok?mon Battle Revolution was my source of competitive playing, and Showdown! never has anyone on 4th/5th Generation anyways...

For me, this is really big. We just got Hatena back on the DS, and now, Nintendo is f**** shutting everything down again. Hatena is my whole life, and some people keep themselves from commiting suicide because of the friends and fans they made on there. All I have to say is: ****. YOU. NINTENDO.

Your stupid money making scams aren't gonna work on anyone. Now without WIFI on the Dsi, everybody's gonna hate Nintendo, some people sue Nintendo, Nintendo loses money, people stop buying Nintendo products out of extreme hate, Nintendo loses money, Nintendo can't pay employees, employees lose jobs, Nintendo goes bankrupt, bye-bye Nintendo.

Isn't paying for internet better than losing your company? Also, everybody's gonna send Nintendo hate E-mails. I know I will.

Wooooah man its not that bad...I'm pretty sure nintendo will make a hatena on wii U...its pretty much like miiverse tbh except its not flipnotes but they will make a new one and they will not be going bankrupt anytime soon! Long Live nintendo

I was just about to get accf and ancww of Freking course -/-

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wooooah man its not that bad...I'm pretty sure nintendo will make a hatena on wii U...its pretty much like miiverse tbh except its not flipnotes but they will make a new one and they will not be going bankrupt anytime soon! Long Live nintendo

Oh my god really is HENTA IS BACK OMG on the 3ds :0

Last edited:
Oh, this is horrible! They're getting rid of Pok?mon, they're getting rid of Super Smash Bros, they're getting rid of Animal Crossing, but there's no way they could possibly get rid of the Wii Shop Channel, is there? I'm really disappointed by this, aren't you? It's gonna be the same for the 3DS and the Wii U in a few years time. They're gonna bring out some new expensive console, portable or not, and then shut down everything for all the other consoles.

And the reason for why they are doing that is because they think it will sell the new expensive console, portable or not. Now this would be worse with Microsoft or Sony because you have to pay for their online. Even if they refund people, it would be stupid since every person is forced to pay to even use the online.

- - - Post Merge - - -

One day, the Wii U will be discontinued.

After years though

Also, I never really used the online on Wii or DS so this won't really affect me. @Bowie If it's possibly causing one of their consoles to have to be sold at a loss, I do think it makes since for them to do this. (Please don't argue with me, I am just returning from my three day ban)

Last edited:
Hatena is my whole life, and some people keep themselves from commiting suicide because of the friends and fans they made on there. All I have to say is: ****. YOU. NINTENDO.

Your stupid money making scams aren't gonna work on anyone. Now without WIFI on the Dsi, everybody's gonna hate Nintendo, some people sue Nintendo, Nintendo loses money, people stop buying Nintendo products out of extreme hate, Nintendo loses money, Nintendo can't pay employees, employees lose jobs, Nintendo goes bankrupt, bye-bye Nintendo.

I bolded the parts I want to reply to.

First off, Nintendo isn't responsible for unstable people using their service. If the only thing keeping them from ending their lives is a video gaming service then obviously they need some real help instead of a crutch.

Secondly, nobody is going to sue Nintendo. By using their service you agreed to their terms, which says they have every right to remove the service whenever they want.

I understand you're upset but there really is no reason to get so dramatic. Ending Hatena isn't going to bankrupt them and it especially isn't going to cause them any sort of trouble. Ending the wifi services for these old games gives them room, time, and money to focus on new and better things.

I bolded the parts I want to reply to.

First off, Nintendo isn't responsible for unstable people using their service. If the only thing keeping them from ending their lives is a video gaming service then obviously they need some real help instead of a crutch.

Secondly, nobody is going to sue Nintendo. By using their service you agreed to their terms, which says they have every right to remove the service whenever they want.

I understand you're upset but there really is no reason to get so dramatic. Ending Hatena isn't going to bankrupt them and it especially isn't going to cause them any sort of trouble. Ending the wifi services for these old games gives them room, time, and money to focus on new and better things.

Justice from Gallows.

I hate when people don't give good reasons to hate Nintendo...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I played Mario Kart Wii a lot with my friends. Sometimes we'd actually race, and other times we'd literally just mess around. Not being able to do that anymore is gonna be heartbreaking. I guess I'll always have the memories, right?

Mario Kart 8 this May.

After years though

Oh, of course! People spend money getting these games, though. They intend to play them for as long as they want. As much as I respect the fact Nintendo cannot pay to keep up the servers each time they make a new console, perhaps they should just stop making consoles. Why couldn't they just stick to the DS and the Wii? All of this graphical enhancement and technology improvement nonsense is just a way of making more money, is it not?

(Please don't argue with me, I am just returning from my three day ban)

You were banned? Oh, darling, at the same time as feeling guilty, I also feel justified.

My brother was telling me this before, very sad ;(
They're basically forcing everyone to buy Wii-U's now..

Oh, of course! People spend money getting these games, though. They intend to play them for as long as they want. As much as I respect the fact Nintendo cannot pay to keep up the servers each time they make a new console, perhaps they should just stop making consoles. Why couldn't they just stick to the DS and the Wii? All of this graphical enhancement and technology improvement nonsense is just a way of making more money, is it not?

You were banned? Oh, darling, at the same time as feeling guilty, I also feel justified.

Bowie are you British? :p Oh and, um on topic :) I guess I shouldn't waste my moms money now, seeing as, I wanted acww and accf :( it's sad I just learned about the wonderful series and now, I feel like there is no point in getting older installments if I cannot play with friends,

This is terrible. I'm so disappointed. Can't find a good enough excuse to agree with them, but I guess -_-

At the end of the day, these systems have run their course.
The Nintendo DS is almost 10 years old; being released in 2004.
The Wii: 2006.

I feel old. But this was going to happen, and fair warning was given. Especially when the majority of the Wii channels were removed. (R.I.P. Weather Channel)

Some games lose their playability, but the majority of the games are still playable.

This is sad.. not for the DS, since the wifi on there didnt work for a lot of people
But a shame for the Wii..

I never played Tetris DS and Mario Strikers Charged online. If anyone has either games tell me ur FC's.

This is sad.. not for the DS, since the wifi on there didnt work for a lot of people
But a shame for the Wii..

I beg to differ

Mario Kart DS and Pokemon titles are no doubt the things I'm most disappointed about losing wifi for

may try hitting up the DPPt GTS shortly before it goes away forever and see if I can't score me a few more good Pokes from it

Back