• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wii U : Animal Crossing Plaza

I got it thinking that it'd get boring after a couple of minutes, but I absolutely love it! There's a spot to share your dream code as well, so people can come visit your town! You can even talk to people about a specific villager, so if you think you're the only one on this site that likes a particular villager, you can go to the plaza and start talking to other people who love that villager too!

Loving the Egbert fan base! ;)

I know!! I just think its amazing how much time I've already spent on it lol. I like looking at every villagers different fanbase!! I like seeing other people's picture as well. I've been chatting a lot through Miiverse just because of this app!! :)

I'm positive someone already mentioned this but... Surely Nintendo didn't create those gorgeous HD models of the villagers JUST for the plaza. I'd say those characters are exactly what the ones in Animal Crossing for Wii U will look like. I'm gonna go ahead and say that Nintendo will announce AC for Wii U at E3 2014, and release the game VERY soon after. Probably early 2015. They wanted to hint something towards us without getting people overly-hyped.

I'm positive someone already mentioned this but... Surely Nintendo didn't create those gorgeous HD models of the villagers JUST for the plaza. I'd say those characters are exactly what the ones in Animal Crossing for Wii U will look like. I'm gonna go ahead and say that Nintendo will announce AC for Wii U at E3 2014, and release the game VERY soon after. Probably early 2015. They wanted to hint something towards us without getting people overly-hyped.
I don't think early 2015... You know how long New Leaf took for us :c That was long.

Early 2015? More like 2017. It took 3 years between announcement and release for New Leaf. It could be the same amount of time for the Wii U, because of it's superior graphics.

Just because New Leaf took this long, doesn't mean this one will. Why else would they only let the plaza stay until the end of 2014.

Early 2015? More like 2017. It took 3 years between announcement and release for New Leaf. It could be the same amount of time for the Wii U, because of it's superior graphics.

It all depends on the number of new features they want to add to the game and the number of people they put on the project. AC:NL has a lot more new features than WW or CL had when they came out. I think that second to Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing might be the most lucrative IP for Nintendo. Let's see what happens. We will find soon enough.

Last edited:
uuggggh.
i never wanted a wii u but now that they are apparently creating a new animal crossing game for wii u i might have to get it... ._.
but i don't really want to get this really expensive gaming console thing just to play animal crossing.

eh, well, atleast i have a few years before i have to decide whether to buy a wii u or not. :3

Well. To be honest. Animal Crossing Plaza by itself is no reason sufficient enough to warrant the purchase of a Wii U. But the console offers great games and the promise of even greater things to come on a short term basis (Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Assassin's Creed IV, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, etc.)

Well. To be honest. Animal Crossing Plaza by itself is no reason sufficient enough to warrant the purchase of a Wii U. But the console offers great games and the promise of even greater things to come on a short term basis (Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Assassin's Creed IV, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, etc.)

i totally wouldn't buy it just for AC Plaza, but if a Wii U Animal Crossing is released, i will definitely consider it. the thing is, i'm not much of a gamer.. like, AT ALL, so the promise of amazing games isn't going to a major factor in my decision. :\

I downloaded it this morning. It's nice, but I don't see myself using it very often. It's cute at best.

Are my eyes bad, or are there villagers missing from the plaza? I zoomed and scrolled for twenty minutes looking for Ricky and I couldn't find him. I haven't loaded the app since this morning, so I don't know if the villagers change each time.

Sometimes its great to share some in-game quotes from certain characters with the Mii community.

I love that application. It's just great to look at what other people post about villagers. Especially when they put pictures transferred through the SD card. People come up with very entertaining quotes and one-liners.

Back