• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wii U : Animal Crossing Plaza

What sense is it to make this a part of the Wii U? It's not even a good idea. I mean...yep, Nintendo is just like Apple when it comes to getting all these extra little gimmicky things to "fully-utilize" their games, such as Gamecube-GBA chord for Zelda - Four Swords...or the e-Reader for anything.

I'm not buying the Wii U for anything, including any new version of AC. I think it's a flawed machine, and there's no reason the Wii-U's controller couldn't also be the 3DS, but that's just my opinion. Only the sales of the Wii U can prove me wrong.

I like my Wii u, although I really do not have a lot of time to play it. I absolutely love the off-TV play feature that allows everyone else to watch TV while I play a game. I also love that the Wii u controller can be used to control the TV. Sure, it has its weaknesses, but so does every other piece of electronics that can be bought. What one person considers weakness, others consider strength. An example, a lot of others do not like the line up of games for the Nintendo systems. Personally, however, I despise the style of the games from every other system, preferring those released by Nintendo.

It all boils down to personal opinion.

OMG, I could just spend hours upon hours watching the villagers talk, posting and looking at Miiverse, and uploading photos. This is the best software I have for my Wii U. LOL I LOVE IT

He said that the service was only going to be available until the end of 2014...he really didn't say anything about whether there was going to be an AC released for the WiiU at that time.
Probably because that's when 3DS players will be able to access Miiverse via system update.

Been hearing reports that Nintendo will distribute the 3DS Miiverse update by the end of this year.

Probably because that's when 3DS players will be able to access Miiverse via system update.

Been hearing reports that Nintendo will distribute the 3DS Miiverse update by the end of this year.

That may be, but this year isn't 2014. Unless the 3ds mii verse got delayed somehow.

That is awesome. It would be great to be able to talk to all the different villagers .

It's not like you are talking to them. Basically what the plaza exists to do is link to the mii verse community for AC. By clicking on each animal, you can post something specific about them in the community. It is fun to watch them wander around your screen. When you fill out your profile with your town and character name, the townies say something like "hey, i saw you looking at me Dawn."

The bulletin board is a link to any news for Animal Crossing.

For people that have still not bought a Wii U right now, this might be the missing incentive :)

I was thinking of this, but i'm not rich so I'll probably wait for a long time for the price to go down just a bit.. PLus really if all WII U AC offers is just better graphics and obviously wii controlled gameplay i'm not sure that'd be worth putting my ACNL for my 3DS down.. They have to offer something new, or improved. Very beautiful graphics though, i'm very interested in buying the system for other games at least.

Last edited:
It's not like you are talking to them. Basically what the plaza exists to do is link to the mii verse community for AC. By clicking on each animal, you can post something specific about them in the community. It is fun to watch them wander around your screen. When you fill out your profile with your town and character name, the townies say something like "hey, i saw you looking at me Dawn."

The bulletin board is a link to any news for Animal Crossing.
Oh, in that case, this isn't really as cool as I thought. Kinda neat though I suppose.

What! The other consoles are like double the price of a WiiU... You can get a basic model for the same price as a 3DS XL on Shopto.net...

Well I'd rather play with a console that has Injustice Gods Among Us, The Legend of Zelda : the Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Assassin's Creed 3 & 4, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, Zombie U, Tekken, eventually Mario Kart 8 & Super Smash Bros. Wii U and ANIMAL CROSSING PLAZA than a console that costs more and has less than stellar games at launch. ;)

The only game I care about is Smash Brothers and we will also get that on the 3DS. A lot of the games you listed will also be available on other consoles... Animal Crossing Plaza looks cute enought, but is not even a real game because I have the real thing here on my 3DS. The PS4 and XboxOne are just as fine as the WiiU, so please stop flaming. It's just a matter of personal taste!

I normally don't applaud good graphics, but I really like this. I'd never get a Wii U for it, though. I much prefer handhelds now-a-days.

I got it thinking that it'd get boring after a couple of minutes, but I absolutely love it! There's a spot to share your dream code as well, so people can come visit your town! You can even talk to people about a specific villager, so if you think you're the only one on this site that likes a particular villager, you can go to the plaza and start talking to other people who love that villager too!

Loving the Egbert fan base! ;)

I got it thinking that it'd get boring after a couple of minutes, but I absolutely love it! There's a spot to share your dream code as well, so people can come visit your town! You can even talk to people about a specific villager, so if you think you're the only one on this site that likes a particular villager, you can go to the plaza and start talking to other people who love that villager too!

Loving the Egbert fan base! ;)
I agree! I spent like 15-30 minutes looking around and reading the funny things animals said.

How come people would rather buy the other next-gen consoles? They are like money-stealers. I'd rather stick to the Xbox 360 that I barely use, lol. Not offending other Microsoft or Sony fans though.

Back