• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WiiJoshFolder: Gone for Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
I'm sure many of you have noticed that Mayor Joshy has taken a hiatus, and lots of people have been worried if he'll ever come back. I've seen him on his account being semi-negative towards the commenters who have been asking for another video journal. My question is, "Has he even made an official announcement that he's stopping the video journals?" I heard that he was also blocking people who asked or complained about it. I have no doubt that people have been needy over these videos, but they got him thousands of new views and followers and made great videos. Why would he be angry and why would he stop without telling anyone? I'm just lost.

He made no announcement.
I think he's stopped for good, and I'm glad. I think hes too arrogant to his viewers being nasty and even blocking people that asked.

Try watching some LinandKo videos, yes the most of their journals are recorded with a camcorder but once you get into it you hardly notice the difference!

Thanks.

He wrote on his Twitter sometime ago, that he's making videos for the next 7 days.

He tweeted last night that the Animal Crossing video journals are coming back shortly; he said he just needed a break from doing them.

I think he's stopped for good, and I'm glad. I think hes too arrogant to his viewers being nasty and even blocking people that asked.

I could see why he'd be angry and want to block people nagging at him. He wanted to take a break from them and it sounds like he got bothered by some of his animal crossing viewers telling him to make more videos. To me the viewers are the ones being rude/nasty here, not Josh.

It's his channel and he has every right to make whatever kind of videos he wants to make. That doesn't make him arrogant or anything like that. If I were making videos on youtube and people were demanding me continue the series after I decided to take a break to recharge, continuing that series would no longer be fun for me: It'd be work and a chore. I'd be blocking people spamming my comments with "where's animal crossing?" too. While he seems to be continuing the series anyways, I likely would have stopped making videos for that series for quite a while regardless of how many viewers I had received for it. If playing a game is no longer fun for me, I am not going to play it. I know a lot of people like that, actually.

It bothers me more that people seem to think there's a problem with a youtuber stopping a series to take a breather from it and calling them rude or arrogant because they're blocking people who are hounding them about the series. |: I've seen the way people on youtube bother users about uploading videos from a certain series more often. If anyone's usually in the wrong its the people writing the comments.

Going

"WHERE ARE THE ANIMAL CROSSING VIDEOS??!!?!?"
"UPLOAD MORE ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!!"

Is not asking :rolleyes:

Some people may only be asking but I know there are others who will be demanding. I've seen the way people act on youtube over the most innocent of things. And because of those who demand, the video uploader gets frustrated and probably doesn't want to hear anything about it from anyone.

I agree with Officer Berri, it can get frustrating to a point where you don't want to hear of it anymore. I noticed that on one of Josh's videos (maybe all of them?) that he had blocked the comments, something I had never seen on a video of his. This got me curious. Then I saw the twitter post with a viewer talking about New Leaf, which Josh responded to with "I don't really play that as much anymore". But as some posters said before, he did say that the videos will be coming back soon. We have to remember that it is Josh's channel. If he doesn't want to put up Animal Crossing New Leaf videos anymore, it's completely his choice.

He does more coverage on games then just Animal Crossing. I don't think he ever intended them to last forever.

He made no announcement.

Try watching some LinandKo videos, yes the most of their journals are recorded with a camcorder but once you get into it you hardly notice the difference!

Thanks.

I have also actually been following LinandKo from the very beginning. I just can't get enough, and anyone willing to upload videos makes my day :3

Can someone directly link to the statement on his twitter saying he will do Animal Crossing videos for the next 7 days? I heard that news before but searched his twitter to no avail. I almost think it's just a rumor because of how negative he's been about it.

Can someone directly link to the statement on his twitter saying he will do Animal Crossing videos for the next 7 days? I heard that news before but searched his twitter to no avail. I almost think it's just a rumor because of how negative he's been about it.
Found it!

https://twitter.com/TheBitBlock/status/311340589994086401

Okay, it doesn't say anything about when he'll make them, but there's confirmation that he's doing something.

He's perfectly within his right to stop them, but he really shouldn't; especially with no official announcements AT ALL.

I mean, come on! He said he had plans to make a Valentine's video, which was 2 days away at the time. That didn't happen. After that, they kinda... stopped. :( I find it annoying that he is getting annoyed at his fans for asking why they stopped, like he has given a perfectly good announcement that people are ignoring, but he really did say NOTHING publicly! Aargh!

...Rant over. (Kinda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back