• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WiiJoshFolder: Gone for Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I only watched a few of his videos in the beginning. If he really does what Jake says he does... I don't think I'm gonna say I like his videos anymore.

That sounds annoying as heck. ._.

Do we really need to copy threads from ACC? I mean it makes TBT lose its originality... (mush like copying the 'do you like Linandko or Josh better) I mean seriously o_O

tbh though, I don't want to say I'm glad he's gone. But his videos were really annoying. I mean they're good quality but his personality annoyed me. In that Christmas video all I could think of was 'SHOVE YOU'RE ****ING HO HO HO'S UP YOUR *** AND SHUT THE **** UP' or when it was Festival and he tried t do that stupid brazilian accent or w/e... like seriously 50% of his cometary isn't needed and it just annoys me

Don't get me started how I think he's giving a bad example to the AC fandom, I mean, he doesn't even speak Japanese and he's one of the biggest AC video diaries for NL in the fandom so far, and he called Lychee's 'shiny cherries' and didn't even bother to correct himself in a future video.

Like he overreacts about everything so much, seriously. Who the **** in their rightful mind would chuck the tantrums he does over ugly villagers... and don't get me started about how whenever he walks into a balloon themed room he says 'MY EYES BURN' like... asdfghj

Like yeah his videos are nice and all, nicely spliced together, it's just when he yells and gives out false info and doesn't bother to correct himself he annoys me.

#UnpopularOpinion

edit;
also not to mention he seemed to get a lot of squealing 10 year olds in his comments constantly harassing him for more videos;

There was one and it was like "YOU HAVEN'T UPLOADED A VIDEO IN A MONTH'
and it had literally been 10 days. Like I don't blame him for stopping/slowing down

I quit ACC a long time ago, so if this is a duplicate thread it technically wouldn't be because this is a completely different and much better website.

And I think you give him too little credit. His videos are, in my opinion, the most well made gameplay footage videos for New Leaf. Yes, he doesn't understand Japanese and isn't 100% on facts sometimes, but he grabs your attention and keeps you there. He creates emotional investment for you with what's going on with his peppy personality and he keeps things moving by editing out the unnecessary filler. It's beautiful what he does. To be fair, Linandko are probably my favorite, but that doesn't mean he doesn't do a great job! It's just crazy how different the Josh in the videos is compared to the comment section Joshy.

Do we really need to copy threads from ACC? I mean it makes TBT lose its originality... (mush like copying the 'do you like Linandko or Josh better) I mean seriously o_O

tbh though, I don't want to say I'm glad he's gone. But his videos were really annoying. I mean they're good quality but his personality annoyed me. In that Christmas video all I could think of was 'SHOVE YOU'RE ****ING HO HO HO'S UP YOUR *** AND SHUT THE **** UP' or when it was Festival and he tried t do that stupid brazilian accent or w/e... like seriously 50% of his cometary isn't needed and it just annoys me

Don't get me started how I think he's giving a bad example to the AC fandom, I mean, he doesn't even speak Japanese and he's one of the biggest AC video diaries for NL in the fandom so far, and he called Lychee's 'shiny cherries' and didn't even bother to correct himself in a future video.

Like he overreacts about everything so much, seriously. Who the **** in their rightful mind would chuck the tantrums he does over ugly villagers... and don't get me started about how whenever he walks into a balloon themed room he says 'MY EYES BURN' like... asdfghj

Like yeah his videos are nice and all, nicely spliced together, it's just when he yells and gives out false info and doesn't bother to correct himself he annoys me.

#UnpopularOpinion

edit;
also not to mention he seemed to get a lot of squealing 10 year olds in his comments constantly harassing him for more videos;

There was one and it was like "YOU HAVEN'T UPLOADED A VIDEO IN A MONTH'
and it had literally been 10 days. Like I don't blame him for stopping/slowing down

Allow me to extrapolate on your unpopular opinion.

I believe a large amount of the current New Leaf LPers, and LPers in general, are not funny. There are a few good ones. The only one I currently follow is MadameWario, who tends to do AC:CF videos. But most LPers tend to be really bad at their commentary. Like you said about Josh, Jake, I've noticed quite a few LPers resort to crude humor (NintendoCapriSun and his weird obsession with the toilet comes to mind). Overly swearing is something I've noticed is common too. Now, I swear all the time in real life, but there's a limit. Not every word has to be **** or **** or ass.

Is that the only case of him mistranslating something? If not, and he's forgotten to fix his mistakes before, then that's just ridiculous. You are playing a game in Japanese, a language that most of your viewers don't even speak. You have a responsibility to your audience to provide correct translations, or at least fix your mistakes.

Now, as you said, he apparently has a bunch of 10 year olds in the audience. It's possible that his overreactions, constant swearing, inane commentary, and inability to provide correct information might just be him pandering to his audience.

All in all, I do think he's a bad LPer, and to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of how we have to keep constantly having new threads about some Youtuber. JFC, it's annoying.

(NintendoCapriSun and his weird obsession with the toilet comes to mind).

Oh my gosh. Someone else who's annoyed at NCS for that freaking obsession with the toilet. I watched him for a little bit before he got really bad with that. Then I had to pretty much drop him because of that. It's so obnoxious. I can't stand lpers who fall back on childish cussing and poop humor to be popular. It makes them sound so stupid...

Well goodness I didn't realize he was so unpopular here. I love his videos, I think they're so much fun. Linandko are definitely more informative, but I love his because they're quirky and entertaining. I haven't seen any of the comments people are discussing.

#UnpopularOpinion

I feel the same way! His personality annoys me after awhile.

Well goodness I didn't realize he was so unpopular here. I love his videos, I think they're so much fun. Linandko are definitely more informative, but I love his because they're quirky and entertaining. I haven't seen any of the comments people are discussing.

I agree with you :) I love his video's and commentary. I actually love the way he overreacts to everything I think its endearing. I'd love to visit his town and play with him, he makes everything so exciting!

I'm really sad to hear that people were being negative about his videos. I really loved his (LinandKo are awesome, but I honestly prefer Josh's videos)
And for all the people bugging him? I think he should expect that, there's a bunch of whiny little kids who play this game who out of all the fans are the MOST vocal <:/
Poor guy.

WiiFolderJosh is okay. His reactions are too much to one little thing, even if it's 'funny'. But after a while, it gets annoying, and providing false information to viewers confidently is not a good idea. He also thought that persimmons (also known as Sharon fruit) were "tomatoes of the trees".

I prefer Linandko, and I've watched them since their first video of Animal Crossing. They translate the text, and are very calming to watch.
Nevertheless, he's starting again soon anyway, which is good news to you guys, who like watching him.

Also he makes me laugh :l a lot. And I'm like Officer Berry I think it's cute and endearing, even if it is a bit awkward.

God forbid that he's misidentifying FRUIT! OH, THE HUMANITY! PERJURY! WORST VIDEOS EVER!

:confused:

Do you have a sense of humor? He throws a tantrum over ugly villagers, and he doesn't like balloon furniture? UM? OK? He's not taking it seriously, though?? You seem to think he is. It's absolutely hilarious when he tortures the ugly ones. And his reactions are amusing and unique. It's his shtick. You're really hot and bothered for nothing. His Christmas and Festivale videos were lively and charming. Check ya self boo.

LinandKo give great info and translations, but you can't expect an English-speaking monolingual person to be able to do the same. What would it matter? People will get the game and see for themselves, regardless. :rolleyes:

I don't really mind that he gets some information wrong and I like hw he doesn't translate everything! I want something's in this game to be a surprise. Also if I was looking for something informative I would go to LinandKo

The problem with getting information wrong and not correcting yourself is that's how false information spreads, and sometimes how fights start. Someone will see him say something wrong, and because he's a youtube user they will assume he knows everything (why else would he say something on the internets! Everything on the internet is true!). That will lead to them using that terminology themselves, until someone calls them an idiot and a fight starts over it.

...I've been on the internet too long. ._.

He also thought that persimmons (also known as Sharon fruit) were "tomatoes of the trees".
A lot of people actually don't know about persimmons. (same goes for Durian, etc. they're more common in Asia)
I was at the grocery store while they were still in season and someone asked me if they were vegetables and what you do with them. Persimmons kinda look like dark orange tomatoes; I'm not surprised he made such an assumption, and he's most likely not the only one. lol

Also he makes me laugh :l a lot. And I'm like Officer Berry I think it's cute and endearing, even if it is a bit awkward.

I like it when it makes fun of animals that have hair. It was funny what he said about Beard. "what angry Nintendo worker made you?????" I think thats when I was like awwwwwww he is so cute(the bear)

I quit ACC a long time ago, so if this is a duplicate thread it technically wouldn't be because this is a completely different and much better website.

And I think you give him too little credit. His videos are, in my opinion, the most well made gameplay footage videos for New Leaf. Yes, he doesn't understand Japanese and isn't 100% on facts sometimes, but he grabs your attention and keeps you there. He creates emotional investment for you with what's going on with his peppy personality and he keeps things moving by editing out the unnecessary filler. It's beautiful what he does. To be fair, Linandko are probably my favorite, but that doesn't mean he doesn't do a great job! It's just crazy how different the Josh in the videos is compared to the comment section Joshy.

Allow me to extrapolate on your unpopular opinion.

I believe a large amount of the current New Leaf LPers, and LPers in general, are not funny. There are a few good ones. The only one I currently follow is MadameWario, who tends to do AC:CF videos. But most LPers tend to be really bad at their commentary. Like you said about Josh, Jake, I've noticed quite a few LPers resort to crude humor (NintendoCapriSun and his weird obsession with the toilet comes to mind). Overly swearing is something I've noticed is common too. Now, I swear all the time in real life, but there's a limit. Not every word has to be **** or **** or ass.

Is that the only case of him mistranslating something? If not, and he's forgotten to fix his mistakes before, then that's just ridiculous. You are playing a game in Japanese, a language that most of your viewers don't even speak. You have a responsibility to your audience to provide correct translations, or at least fix your mistakes.

Now, as you said, he apparently has a bunch of 10 year olds in the audience. It's possible that his overreactions, constant swearing, inane commentary, and inability to provide correct information might just be him pandering to his audience.

All in all, I do think he's a bad LPer, and to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of how we have to keep constantly having new threads about some Youtuber. JFC, it's annoying.

God forbid that he's misidentifying FRUIT! OH, THE HUMANITY! PERJURY! WORST VIDEOS EVER!

:confused:

Do you have a sense of humor? He throws a tantrum over ugly villagers, and he doesn't like balloon furniture? UM? OK? He's not taking it seriously, though?? You seem to think he is. It's absolutely hilarious when he tortures the ugly ones. And his reactions are amusing and unique. It's his shtick. You're really hot and bothered for nothing. His Christmas and Festivale videos were lively and charming. Check ya self boo.

LinandKo give great info and translations, but you can't expect an English-speaking monolingual person to be able to do the same. What would it matter? People will get the game and see for themselves, regardless. :rolleyes:

It's my opinion. I wasn't forcing anyone to agree with me. I don't see why you all swarmed me. I haven't made any of you try to agree with my opinion, so I don't see why you're flaming me and trying to make me change my opinion to agree with you.
If you think I'm a ***** or whatever, fine that's it. Leave it at that. Don't bother replying to my opinion being immature, spamming up the forum. Because, to be honest, I'm quiet over about every time I express my opinion I get flamed for it because it's not the popular one.

Good god look at the butthurt in this thread.

I'm with Jake and the others, I agree that his videos were really well done visually, but his attitude for blocking out his audience and his overall immaturity in his videos ruins it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back