• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WiiJoshFolder: Gone for Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is true at all. I know with City Folk I stopped playing after only a month or so.

I've been playing WW nearly everyday since sometime last fall(ish?). :confused: I started playing again to get my perfect town and I haven't been able to stop. I'm still not tired of it. NL got me addicted again... :p

I rented CF forever ago and got bored with it really quickly, though. Maybe I was frustrated with the controls or something.

Last edited:
@Jake/ACKing Don't worry! Lindsey and Kohei never said Josh quit animal crossing. They said Josh quit making videos. I'm sure you'll look it up.

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass or anything but;

"I'm not gonna visit Josh's town he's stopped playing, he obviously doesn't wanna be connected to this game anymore"

Go to 1:05:40;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0GOfP0f4M

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass or anything but;

"I'm not gonna visit Josh's town he's stopped playing, he obviously doesn't wanna be connected to this game anymore"

Go to 1:05:40;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0GOfP0f4M

Wow, they actually said that word for word? That actually sounds really mean, but they were probably just fed up with everyone asking them to visit his town.

Wow, they actually said that word for word? That actually sounds really mean, but they were probably just fed up with everyone asking them to visit his town.

I think everyone is looking a little too deep into this.
I don't think Lindsey and Kohei know personally what Josh's intentions are.
I can understand that they didn't want to be involved though.

^ Agreed. I assume many people were suggesting for Lindsey and Kohei to visit Josh's town at the time. Lindsey was simply brushing it off and didn't mean to come off rude, at least her tone didn't sound that way :p.
Anyway, Josh has mentioned on twitter that the state of his town hasn't made any progress as he's become bored of the game. He said there aren't many things to do that can't be done in the previous titles. I'm hoping this is due to language barriers.

I'm finding there's more things to do.. You have the dream mansion/suite, you have the island which is way more then the wii version and wild world had. :)

^ Agreed. I assume many people were suggesting for Lindsey and Kohei to visit Josh's town at the time. Lindsey was simply brushing it off and didn't mean to come off rude, at least her tone didn't sound that way :p.
Anyway, Josh has mentioned on twitter that the state of his town hasn't made any progress as he's become bored of the game. He said there aren't many things to do that can't be done in the previous titles. I'm hoping this is due to language barriers.

I think Josh is just coming up with excuses not to make these anymore. Weird because he stated he would be making more.
Everything he's done recently is a mystery. Even his attitude still has me taken aback; It just doesn't seem like Mayor Joshy.

Yeah, it wasn't my intention at all. Josh is a really great guy, very nice. All I meant by that was if he, Josh is not playing the game anymore and doesn't seem to want to attract "those type of fans" (I have never heard him say this, many people messaged me saying this was the case...not my words), then I should respect that and not visit his town. If he wants to move away from AC, then I totally respect that. I can completely empathize as well because a large number of AC fans are extremely entitled and demanding, something I have not experienced from other fan bases quite yet. I guess I just don't see how me visiting a person who has stopped doing the series, will help out either of us. It will just end up with a large percent of people who viewed my video going to him and barraging him again, and that wouldn't be good. I wouldn't want to cause other people issues for legit decisions they have made, that would be bad times.

We are also trying to have our channel stand on our own. Which is why we want focus on that :)

I am a little surprised by the reaction I got from saying that, but I hope I cleared up at least what my intentions were with it. I just don't want to stir the pot, so to speak.

EDIT: I went back and listened to it. My tone was pretty matter-of-fact, nothing evil or mean sounding about it haha. Those that weren't in the chat wouldn't know but I got bombarded with people asking me to go there, at least 10 times (may have been the same person spamming I can't remember) and that can be a little....distracting to say the least.

Last edited:
Yeah, it wasn't my intention at all. Josh is a really great guy, very nice. All I meant by that was if he, Josh is not playing the game anymore and doesn't seem to want to attract "those type of fans" (I have never heard him say this, many people messaged me saying this was the case...not my words), then I should respect that and not visit his town. If he wants to move away from AC, then I totally respect that. I can completely empathize as well because a large number of AC fans are extremely entitled and demanding, something I have not experienced from other fan bases quite yet. I guess I just don't see how me visiting a person who has stopped doing the series, will help out either of us. It will just end up with a large percent of people who viewed my video going to him and barraging him again, and that wouldn't be good. I wouldn't want to cause other people issues for legit decisions they have made, that would be bad times.

We are also trying to have our channel stand on our own. Which is why we want focus on that :)

I am a little surprised by the reaction I got from saying that, but I hope I cleared up at least what my intentions were with it. I just don't want to stir the pot, so to speak.

EDIT: I went back and listened to it. My tone was pretty matter-of-fact, nothing evil or mean sounding about it haha. Those that weren't in the chat wouldn't know but I got bombarded with people asking me to go there, at least 10 times (may have been the same person spamming I can't remember) and that can be a little....distracting to say the least.

I saw your stream live and heard you say that and I didn't take it that way, but I suppose there are people who no matter what will always assume the worst. I even came away from the video thinking you'd said he'd simply stopped making videos. I think Josh loves AC too much to completely quit, and I hope the negative feedback he's recieved doesn't mess with his "zen-like morning coffee routine". :blush: I hope people understand he just wants to move onto other things related to TheBitBlock (like he's currently doing with Luigi's Mansion). P.S. Lindsey I have really enjoyed your videos. (Does Kohei call you "little angel" in person?) Haha <3

So considerate haha
Yeah lots of people did want you to go to Josh's town but what you said was the right thing. You did word it incorrectly, but the tone you used was definitely non-intentional to be mean.

Any tbh I really don't think this topic should be open anymore, we've pretty much concluded the fact, that at least, for now, he's stopped playing. And we need to respect that and needn't further discuss it.

Any tbh I really don't think this topic should be open anymore, we've pretty much concluded the fact, that at least, for now, he's stopped playing. And we need to respect that and needn't further discuss it.

I agree. There really isn't much else to discuss at this point. Lindsey has even posted to clear up her side of things so there is no confusion.

I find it a little ridiculous that a thread about a YouTuber playing the game is longer than many threads discussing the actual game, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back