• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WiiJoshFolder: Gone for Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see why he'd be angry and want to block people nagging at him. He wanted to take a break from them and it sounds like he got bothered by some of his animal crossing viewers telling him to make more videos. To me the viewers are the ones being rude/nasty here, not Josh.

It's his channel and he has every right to make whatever kind of videos he wants to make. That doesn't make him arrogant or anything like that. If I were making videos on youtube and people were demanding me continue the series after I decided to take a break to recharge, continuing that series would no longer be fun for me: It'd be work and a chore. I'd be blocking people spamming my comments with "where's animal crossing?" too. While he seems to be continuing the series anyways, I likely would have stopped making videos for that series for quite a while regardless of how many viewers I had received for it. If playing a game is no longer fun for me, I am not going to play it. I know a lot of people like that, actually.

It bothers me more that people seem to think there's a problem with a youtuber stopping a series to take a breather from it and calling them rude or arrogant because they're blocking people who are hounding them about the series. |: I've seen the way people on youtube bother users about uploading videos from a certain series more often. If anyone's usually in the wrong its the people writing the comments.

I agree with you yes we love the vids but he even did one when he was ill I call that dedication but he must get very fed up and I've seen comments of viewers they're rude and disgusting. I'd block them too.

I thought his videos were a perfectly acceptable length... also some of you come across as a little entitled.

It his youtube page and his series. If he wants to take a break, he can take a break whenever he wants. If he wants to cancel a series, he can. Whenever he wants. By no means does he need to, or should he be expected to, tell anyone about it.

He doesn't have to answer every single comment asking about the series. It's probably driving him up the wall that so many people are bothering him about it, and like I said, other people are probably demanding he continue (which a few of you are kind of doing whether you notice or not). Of course he's going to get fed up with it. He's probably responding to people who are coming off as rude and demanding. I don't know which comments your talking about but that twitter one is definitely not aggressive. It may be vague but he doesn't need to tell you a set time. In fact, he might not even know for certain WHEN he's going to do it. He's just going to get to it eventually and he could have just said that to get some of the fanbase off his back.

|: I liked him better than LinandKo. Sure, they actually tell us what is being said and I love that, but I really don't like their voice tone or anything and I have a hard time staying interested in the video. They kind of sound sleepy to me whenever I try to start watching all of their videos.

There was a screenshot I saw and one of his followers said if he's making a new video of AC and Mayor Joshy said He stopped playing the game.. It broke my heart, but I think he's just taking a break.

I thought his videos were a perfectly acceptable length... also some of you come across as a little entitled.

It his youtube page and his series. If he wants to take a break, he can take a break whenever he wants. If he wants to cancel a series, he can. Whenever he wants. By no means does he need to, or should he be expected to, tell anyone about it.

He doesn't have to answer every single comment asking about the series. It's probably driving him up the wall that so many people are bothering him about it, and like I said, other people are probably demanding he continue (which a few of you are kind of doing whether you notice or not). Of course he's going to get fed up with it. He's probably responding to people who are coming off as rude and demanding. I don't know which comments your talking about but that twitter one is definitely not aggressive. It may be vague but he doesn't need to tell you a set time. In fact, he might not even know for certain WHEN he's going to do it. He's just going to get to it eventually and he could have just said that to get some of the fanbase off his back.

|: I liked him better than LinandKo. Sure, they actually tell us what is being said and I love that, but I really don't like their voice tone or anything and I have a hard time staying interested in the video. They kind of sound sleepy to me whenever I try to start watching all of their videos.

Well, I can see how people would seem entitled but I'm almost certain he's getting paid to do this. So, in a sense, he's delivering a product. Sure, the people he's delivering that too are a little pushy and antsy, but what do you expect? I know some people with Youtube accounts that make big money for posting videos, and you had better believe people give them crap for not keeping their word on videos or lateness. Do they care? Nope! Because, in a sense, it's kind of their job and you know what? Sounds like the best job ever if the only stress is people nagging you because they love your work!

He can be pretty rude himself. I remember coming across an innocent question in the comments and he completely belittled the person and got attacked afterwards. Although I do enjoy his videos, his sudden change of demeanor in the comment section kind of brings me down.

I could see why he'd be angry and want to block people nagging at him. He wanted to take a break from them and it sounds like he got bothered by some of his animal crossing viewers telling him to make more videos. To me the viewers are the ones being rude/nasty here, not Josh.

It's his channel and he has every right to make whatever kind of videos he wants to make. That doesn't make him arrogant or anything like that. If I were making videos on youtube and people were demanding me continue the series after I decided to take a break to recharge, continuing that series would no longer be fun for me: It'd be work and a chore. I'd be blocking people spamming my comments with "where's animal crossing?" too. While he seems to be continuing the series anyways, I likely would have stopped making videos for that series for quite a while regardless of how many viewers I had received for it. If playing a game is no longer fun for me, I am not going to play it. I know a lot of people like that, actually.

It bothers me more that people seem to think there's a problem with a youtuber stopping a series to take a breather from it and calling them rude or arrogant because they're blocking people who are hounding them about the series. |: I've seen the way people on youtube bother users about uploading videos from a certain series more often. If anyone's usually in the wrong its the people writing the comments.
Ok. Not the case. I only asked on his kerplosh video or whatever and asked ONCE, and not rudely. I just stated that I was curious if he was making any more AC:NL videos and he deleted it or whatever.
As people can tell from my posts I don't usually post rude things. Or I try not to. And no offense Berri. I'm not singling you out or am I posting this madly.

Personally I love his videos I find them cute and funny. I just started watching them and haven't seen anyone else's videos. Though I do agree that he is rude in his comments, but I think he seems so adorable when he plays this game because he gets so overly excited about everything. I couldn't imagine him getting tired of this game. Maybe he's over sensitive or something because I've seen him attack innocent comments like ACking. I do hope he makes more videos though

Completely agreeing with everything Officer Berri has stated.
I've been following Josh's videos since before TheBitBlock and Wii Folder were created- him disabling comments is nothing new as it was a method for him to get more views on his webpage. (Not certain if he's still continuing with that). This is his channel and I don't think he needs to explain the reasoning behind taking a break or stopping the series all together. Like Berri has said, posting these videos are supposed to be something quick and fun. When people are constantly demanding new AC footage on every video uploaded on his channel, even if he shared one the previous day, it does get rather annoying.

Games aren't supposed to feel like chores. I know for a fact that Josh is a very big fan of the Animal Crossing series, and for him to react this way must mean that the situation was pretty bad.
I'm not saying that it's right of him to be giving snarky responses to his viewers' comments, but come on. You can't say you wouldn't do the same (at least once) if you were in his position. It's like having a child constantly nagging at you.

I think people are failing to realize that Josh has other supporters that would like to see footage that's not related to Animal Crossing.

Personally I love his videos I find them cute and funny. I just started watching them and haven't seen anyone else's videos. Though I do agree that he is rude in his comments, but I think he seems so adorable when he plays this game because he gets so overly excited about everything. I couldn't imagine him getting tired of this game. Maybe he's over sensitive or something because I've seen him attack innocent comments like ACking. I do hope he makes more videos though
Exactly how I feel. :)

Ok. Not the case. I only asked on his kerplosh video or whatever and asked ONCE, and not rudely. I just stated that I was curious if he was making any more AC:NL videos and he deleted it or whatever.
As people can tell from my posts I don't usually post rude things. Or I try not to. And no offense Berri. I'm not singling you out or am I posting this madly.
No offense taken. :) I can tell you're likely not the one being demanding or rude to Josh. That seems like he DID over-react with that response to your question. I was simply saying he could have done it due to building up stress about the subject.

Like if you're really stressed out over something and then you accidentally explode at someone who mentions it without meaning any harm to you.

It be nice if there was a few more I guess but hes not my favorite to watch anyway so I don't care. Plus hearing that his been negative and blocking comments is not helping me like him more but I know many do so hopefully for yall sake he will. I have been trying to avoid watching too many game play videos latley to build my wonder back up (I still watch Lin and Ko of course but I skip around) :)

No offense taken. :) I can tell you're likely not the one being demanding or rude to Josh. That seems like he DID over-react with that response to your question. I was simply saying he could have done it due to building up stress about the subject.

Like if you're really stressed out over something and then you accidentally explode at someone who mentions it without meaning any harm to you.
YES! I know exactly what you mean! I bet that's what happened. Hopefully he'll be back and making videos again. Does anyone know another good person that makes AC videos? I want someone happy to take Joshy's place until he starts making videos again!

I like Josh cause he's hilarious, but there's Lucarioplayer and TheGiocoBrothers. The latter are quite similar to Josh.

I see. Your point. It makes sense. :)

It's unfortunate that this happened, but I understand. If he doesn't have a New Leaf video, I'm okay. If he has one, then I'll watch.

Do we really need to copy threads from ACC? I mean it makes TBT lose its originality... (mush like copying the 'do you like Linandko or Josh better) I mean seriously o_O

tbh though, I don't want to say I'm glad he's gone. But his videos were really annoying. I mean they're good quality but his personality annoyed me. In that Christmas video all I could think of was 'SHOVE YOU'RE ****ING HO HO HO'S UP YOUR *** AND SHUT THE **** UP' or when it was Festival and he tried t do that stupid brazilian accent or w/e... like seriously 50% of his cometary isn't needed and it just annoys me

Don't get me started how I think he's giving a bad example to the AC fandom, I mean, he doesn't even speak Japanese and he's one of the biggest AC video diaries for NL in the fandom so far, and he called Lychee's 'shiny cherries' and didn't even bother to correct himself in a future video.

Like he overreacts about everything so much, seriously. Who the **** in their rightful mind would chuck the tantrums he does over ugly villagers... and don't get me started about how whenever he walks into a balloon themed room he says 'MY EYES BURN' like... asdfghj

Like yeah his videos are nice and all, nicely spliced together, it's just when he yells and gives out false info and doesn't bother to correct himself he annoys me.

#UnpopularOpinion

edit;
also not to mention he seemed to get a lot of squealing 10 year olds in his comments constantly harassing him for more videos;

There was one and it was like "YOU HAVEN'T UPLOADED A VIDEO IN A MONTH'
and it had literally been 10 days. Like I don't blame him for stopping/slowing down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back