• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will you reset for your 'perfect town'?

Chameleonsoup

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Cake
Cake
With Wild world, I didn't know any better and just played the first town I got - I loved that place!
With City Folk I reset for all kinds... Different grass, different fruit, different gate etc... I just never loved it the way I did in Wild World, it just wasn't right.
This time, I'm going to play the first town I get again, what will you do? What things do you (or will you) reset for?

I too am going to play the first town I get. I never reset my Wild World town either, it was perfect the way it was. I won't reset for it but i just don't want oranges as my main fruit -_- I ALWAYS get oranges lol I used to reset my ACGC just because I just didn't like some of the layouts of my towns.

I always used to reset because I never liked the layout... Overjoyed when I was on Animal Crossing City Folk and got 3 ponds, peaches, split river.. yeah good town. I probably won't reset this time, but I'll see what happens.

Do we even know if there will be different town layout's yet? I mean from looking at the town map, the houses may be in different places and the river might be different shapes on different games but overall wont the towns look basically the same?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UVlGZiYkD0

I really hope that the random town generation stays. Even though it appears that we can choose the location of our house and I think there's mention of a cafe too, I'd like it if the things like the design or location of gate, fruit, river shape, location of some buildings were still random.

I think in WW and CF (I haven't played GC) there was some element of looking basically the same anyway. The gate was always on the north wall, as was the waterfall. The beach was down at the bottom. It was the random location of buildings and the rivers that made the towns different.
I might have misunderstood you, Sam but what you describe is, to me at least, what we have in WW and CF already

I've waffled - sorry!

I understand where your coming from and also hope that the random town generator thing stays too, and yes, you
do get to choose the location of the caf? as it is no longer in the museum!

However... there will no longer be a town gate as this is once again being replaced by the train! :p

I'm sure they will keep the random town generator because why would they ever take it out? Sorry, but I wouldn't want to play AC3DS with anyone if my town looks just like theirs =/ I'm sure that there will be differences in the towns, some great differences and some not so great but as long as there is even a bit of variety, like where waterfalls, rivers, ponds, trees, and houses are, I'll be happy with that. As far as I know, however, there will be an upper level and a lower level where the beach is, and I think this is in all towns.

Probably won't reset for that "perfect town." I like the randomness of the game as it is, that and I would feel like I'm cheating but that's just me. I might restart the town if I get a something really funky though!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the face, hopefully there'll be a guide up pretty fast! There's new eyes now isn't there? I'd love it if you could just look in a mirror on the train or whatever when you're arriving to the town and make your face then or something.

I always keep resetting until I find a town that I really like. Since I don't know all the different ways the town can look, I'll prolly reset a few times.

Been thinking since my last post and decided I probably wont

Will probably reset it some times because Im always looking for an island or two and my face will probably be ugly first time

With Wild World, I think I got pretty lucky with my first town, great villagers, and the land was good enough to design with tree placements and designs.

City Folk... I couldn't get a good town, never had Butch once, which made me sad.

I think for 3DS, I'm going to reset until I get a decent town.

I don't know at the moment. I possibly will do it if you get your character's faces at random (which I hope will not happen. Hopefully they can let you design your character when entering the game.) or if you only get one native fruit (I want pears). Hopefully it won't be too bad with the villagers, though.

Back