• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will you reset for your 'perfect town'?

I Never restart to get a perfect town or character. Its fun just playing, cause you eventually get used to it, both town and character!

I've never resetted my game for the perfect town. I never really saw the point. I just left it down to luck, and I often got a nice town, either way.

I've done it on WW a few times, but as many of you said, the first one was the best, just because of the feeling it gave you.

I plan to stick with the first town in the 3DS version when it's released!

I did this on city folk so many times so I could get oranges, stone main gate and the cliffs I wanted, I probably won't do it this time round will just keep the first town I get.

I've done it on WW a few times, but as many of you said, the first one was the best, just because of the feeling it gave you.

I plan to stick with the first town in the 3DS version when it's released!

Same here!

I usually reset in Gamecube and WildWorld out of sheer boredom. I don't do it on City Folk, and I won't do it on the upcoming title.

I didn't in the game cube, I just bought 3 mem cards and had a few towns.
With the wii I did just to get a better bridge placement. With the new one I'll just let it be. I can adjust to what ever they wanna throw my way. I hope it comes out before may before my son is born but if not, I'll be able to calm down more about its release date... Or I'll be more starving for one probably...

I reset the first town I ever got because I didn't know about the face patterns and didn't like how my character's face came out (I got the sparkly eyed girl, which I really didn't like...). I also got apples as my fruit and thought that was so typical and uninteresting. So, I reset it once and kept the next town I got. This time I'll probably keep the first town I get. Though I might reset if I get square patterned grass since I'm kind of tired of it :p

Last edited:
The 'close-to-perfect' layout is what I'm goin' for. But, I saw somewhere where it says in AC:3DS you can choose where you want some buildings constructed... :/ The fruit doesn't bother me and nor does the grass. But the gate has to look good too for meh. :p

I would reset. I didn't on the DS version because that was my first AC expierence so I didn't knew about it then. But then again, I got such a nice town on the DS version. :) I did restart the Wii version a few times when I was playing for the very first time, because I got an ugly girl or some impossible landscaping (from my point of view ofcourse ;) ). I would only do it at the very start of the 3DS game, but if I must, I shall. :p
Honestly, I would never reset the whole game after playing for a certain amount of time, whatever version. Did that with Nintendogs once, and I regretted it so much later. Lesson learned. :p

By the way, I didn't knew there are different types of gras. :eek:

I would reset. I didn't on the DS version because that was my first AC expierence so I didn't knew about it then. But then again, I got such a nice town on the DS version. :) I did restart the Wii version a few times when I was playing for the very first time, because I got an ugly girl or some impossible landscaping (from my point of view ofcourse ;) ). I would only do it at the very start of the 3DS game, but if I must, I shall. :p
Honestly, I would never reset the whole game after playing for a certain amount of time, whatever version. Did that with Nintendogs once, and I regretted it so much later. Lesson learned. :p

By the way, I didn't knew there are different types of gras. :eek:

Yes, the shapes are different, you can get square, star, triangle, or hexagon shaped grass. I've heard that it will change every year, but I'm not sure if it did this year or not. If it does, it is suppose to change in the spring of they year.

Yes, the shapes are different, you can get square, star, triangle, or hexagon shaped grass. I've heard that it will change every year, but I'm not sure if it did this year or not. If it does, it is suppose to change in the spring of they year.

Actually, there is no star or hexagon shaped grass. The triangle grass turns into stars when it's winter and the circle grass turns into hexagon grass during winter. they then return to their original shapes for spring-fall. I think that's why people think it changes every year. Square shapes however stay the same during winter, which is why I'm so bored of it! ;)

Here's a picture of how all grass types look during different seasons.

AC_Grass.png

I'm quite happy with my town. I've had for 2 1/2 years and I've done too much to reset it..

I've seen star and hexagon grass, so I know it is possible.

its not possible to have star and hexagon grass all four seasons. The triangle grass turns into star grass in winter and the circle grass turns into hexagon in the winter, like the picture I posted above. After winter, they return to their normal patterns.

AC_Grass.png

Back