• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will you reset for your 'perfect town'?

When you're trying to get that 'perfect town' you never really get it...after constantly resetting and then realizing you liked a town that you previously had but got rid of...it just becomes ridiculous to consistently try for.

But I would reset if my character's face ended up being something I really didn't like.

I used to reset my wild world town all the time lol.... but with the 3ds i wont because I will never get bored because there is so much stuff to do.

I used to reset my wild world town all the time lol.... but with the 3ds i wont because I will never get bored because there is so much stuff to do.

LOl, I did that, too!
I agree with you, I'll try my best not to reset the first game I have in the 3DS version, and, hopefully, I won't have to because it will be fun.

Most likely, I mean they guard the gate. And since Wifi is here again, they'll probs have the same duty.

And this thread is asking for perfect towns, not about NCP's btw

I would only reset if I hated my town. I think you can choose your town by looking at the homescreen before you start the game for the first time. You can't see the whole town, but you can see some of the main landforms, some neighbors and the native fruit.

Last edited:
Yes. For me, a perfect town would be blue gate, pears, square grass :p oh and 3 islands.

just the three island part for me. I usually chop down all fruit tree's and replant them all with a foreign fruit. Or if I have space for an orchid, I'll plant all foreign fruit there.
we don't even know if there's going to be a gate in this game
grass shape doesn't bother me
and fruit, anything will do, hopefully there's a new fruit and I'll get that

just the three island part for me. I usually chop down all fruit tree's and replant them all with a foreign fruit. Or if I have space for an orchid, I'll plant all foreign fruit there.
we don't even know if there's going to be a gate in this game
grass shape doesn't bother me
and fruit, anything will do, hopefully there's a new fruit and I'll get that

Aww, no gate? :\ Where will people go if they wanna wifi? And i agree, I hope there's new fruit! : D Like mangos or banana trees xD And i do the same, i plant the same type of trees in one area. Like one place has pine, another has orange.

It's probably gonna be the train.

I never played the GC version so I don't know much about the train, if there was a gate with the train, then there'd probably be one. but idk

I'm happy with the grass shape as long as it isn't triangles. I've never reset my town to get one that looks 'perfect'. I only reset my town when I get bored of the old one. I haven't played the GC version of AC, either.

I will be keeping the first town I get. When I first played the GameCube version I didn't know that the towns looked different or that you could get a different face depending on how you answer the questions. I had that first town for about 3 years and loved it. I never got bored with it.

When I got ww and started visiting other towns I saw things I liked so I tried to reset my town to make it perfect. But I was never really satisfied with it.

On cf I kept the first town for a while then reset quit often because of grass wear. Then started finding people who used cheats and hacks to get items. After so long it wasn't fun anymore and I don't really play cf anymore because of that.

I will be keeping my first town. No matter what layout or my characters face.i will alson not be playing with anyone who uses cheats or hacks. I want my 3DS town to be "new" and "fun" and it doesn't feel fun if I keep restarting

It really all depends for me!
I mean, I have all the fruit in my town, and fashion/clothes in AC is a big thing for me, so those are two things I`d definitely want to bring over. However, I really enjoy fresh starts, and AC is one of those games for me where it feels like I`m cheating when I don`t do as such. Either way, I have nothing to lose, restart or not, I`d do everything all over again for that game. c:

Plus, I`m not really too fond of my name . . .

I will keep my first town. I have never been all that picky about the way the town is set up, and work with it the way it is.

As far as the random generator, maybe you will be able to put the businesses where you want because you are the mayor. This would make each person's town reflect their personal style....maybe <shrug>.

I'm actually thinking of restarting to a perfect town now

It's never been so much the town I care about, it's the character. If I get the wrong face I will restart.
As long as the town hall isn't anywhere near the beach, I'm good.

I guess I won't restart for a "perfect town" but if it is really "deformed" I'd do it... but like some mentioned, as the mayor you will be able to build the caf? etc. where you want them to be. And I also don't think that there will be a gate, you will visit other towns by using the train. Like Bidoof mentioned there will be probably just one. BTW, if my character looks very strange I would also reset... but I think it takes the fun, because "nobody's perfect" (or nothing) so you will be resetting like forever and miss the fun.

Back