• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

windfall | art thread ( ft. gifs & more! )

first off: yay new SU episode today! :)

my hand has been cramping up recently so i haven't been drawing too much.
I stopped midway with this pic and finished it with my mouse... :/ i probably won't draw again for a while (trying to limit my time on the computer too ahah + its summer lol)

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o7_r1_500.gif

Not sure if anyone noticed or cared, but this pic was done with warmer colours because I've been trying to ~*~expand my horizons~*~ a bit colour-wise. it's the last pic in my series of bob in a variety of colours and settings set which I didn't actually plan but decided to roll with it once I started.

tumblr_o9c9gbRT171sgwpq9o4_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
the latest episode :'( felt like drawing something after watching it, so here we go:

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o8_r1_540.gif

It turned out drastically different from the sketch. Hohum. i also merged a bunch of layers by accident ahah (whoops)

i feel like i should branch out what i draw but, ehhh. Maybe tomorrow. or another day.

tumblr [ x ] redbubble [ x ]

tumblr_ob274bMlhY1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

it always double-merges on me >__>

Last edited:
the latest episode :'(

Oh man, I know what you mean. Alone at Sea hit me hard too, especially after the lighthearted episodes that came before it. I'm definitely glad they revisited Jasper and Lapis's past situation, though.
Summer of Steven has been pretty great so far!

But yeah, anyway, the latest piece is gorgeous! Your style just fits Lapis so well and the scenery looks lovely.
It's also very interesting that you ended up taking a different direction from what you initially outlined! It really goes to show that straying from the original idea doesn't always end up disastrous, haha. Sometimes it's possible to come out with something better if you go down that path, and deciding on a back view of Lapis for that piece was a great choice imo.

Wonderful work, windfall c:

I've been loving Summer of Steven! I loved how complex the characters are becoming... they're so human, even though they're gems. I can't even put it into words haha. I'm hoping for a Lapis song before the end of the summer haha

As for the picture... thank you :blush: I had some trouble painting Lapis's hair from the back ... she definitely has some interesting hair lol

a break from all the SU/lapis stuff :p here's a smug pink bird.

tumblr_obkk4uHAWl1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

to quote my friend: "looks like it turned its head away from something. Like 'hmph' lol"

tumblr_obkjfbxGeO1sgwpq9o1_1280.png
redbubble | tumblr

Last edited:
I just wanted to say you have a wonderful art style. Your use of colors and negative space are super nice. I think it's awesome to see gifs of how it was made. Keep up the good work! :D

forgot to post.

one: a process gif for my TBT fair art entry + another forest/lapis pic

tumblr_obkk4uHAWl1sgwpq9o2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_obkk4uHAWl1sgwpq9o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_od7lpwGKwG1sgwpq9o1_500.jpg
tumblr_obrbuaE9c01sgwpq9o1_r1_1280.jpg

school has officially begun so updates will be slow 8(((((

Your art is so amazing! I hope to one day be as talented as you~!

Thank you :blush: it's taken YEARS of practice lol so I'm glad you like my art :D

also, on a side note: sorry, this thread has been pretty dead because i've been drowning in school x__x

but! i did paint this while i was procrastinating during exams!

tumblr_oimhrp3x1t1sgwpq9o1_1280.gif

tumblr_ohssb5an2L1sgwpq9o1_r1_1280.jpg

> link to it on redbubble

AND ALSO!
tumblr_oighacBsaa1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

Pictures I drew this year :D
One picture per month! I'm pretty happy with the progress I made this year.
Next year will be even busier than this year, but I hope I still have time to draw x__x

Kinda wanna just draw trees forever sigh

Last edited:
Back